The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please fix PS4

With all due respect to the developers, the PS4 version of Dead By Daylight is in urgent need of some TLC. Waiting times can be up to 20+ minutes, to the point where I just give up and go play something else, optimisation is utter trash and leaves for delayed skill checks, killer swings and pallet slams.

The lag, OH MY GOD the lag, it sucks when you wanna try and go for a few good chases when the game is running at a bareable 20fps.

another minor annoyance? Sensitivity, the highest possible sensitivity is also super low, at least compared to PC.

I love this game I really do, I would just love it if PS4 would get a little bit more attention in the technical department

Comments

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

I'm on now and currently at about 28minutes queue ...weeeee

• Incurable_BOFA
    Incurable_BOFA Member Posts: 105

18 minutes for me, had enough time to write the post out and then some... :/
  • TeambossFloze

@Incurable_BOFA said:
    TeambossFloze said:

I'm eating crisps

• Senorcrack
    Senorcrack Member Posts: 5

I agree. I've stopped playing because I cannot stand the frame rate drops. Almost every swing is laggy. I love the game, I just would rather play a smoother game then be frustrated with the lag on this game.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

Eh as killer ypu have no time wait. But since i play survivor some i know it can be long for survivor. Which is why i try to ensure they can play against me. I never dodge or dc unless i have to do something irl
  • TeambossFloze

@Senorcrack said:
    I agree. I've stopped playing because I cannot stand the frame rate drops. Almost every swing is laggy. I love the game, I just would rather play a smoother game then be frustrated with the lag on this game.

Got too be honest I don't have any lag issues. so I can't comment on that, but hitting over 30 minute lobby now and no killer :(

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Ps4 is a trash system who should wait on fixes they didn't contribute anything to the game
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Another reason to fix gen rush... 

Queue times are that long cuz nobody wants to play a 4min match as killer.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Incurable_BOFA said:
    With all due respect to the developers, the PS4 version of Dead By Daylight is in urgent need of some TLC. Waiting times can be up to 20+ minutes, to the point where I just give up and go play something else, optimisation is utter trash and leaves for delayed skill checks, killer swings and pallet slams.

The lag, OH MY GOD the lag, it sucks when you wanna try and go for a few good chases when the game is running at a bareable 20fps.

another minor annoyance? Sensitivity, the highest possible sensitivity is also super low, at least compared to PC.

I love this game I really do, I would just love it if PS4 would get a little bit more attention in the technical department

Sucks when you realize that you need both sides to play the game but you bullied the other side away.

But you can always switch to killer yourself

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

19 mins in a swf full lobby.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I'm on as well and I get insta lobbies! Ahh, the perks of being a killer!
    Here is a tip learn to play killer join the dark side we got fast lobbies!

But I think most Toxic Survivors refrain from playing killer because they know how ######### it can be to play one! It's one thing to be that asswhipe that does nothing but 360° dodge, but when your on the receiving end of it it's not that fun anymore now it is "skilled player"!

The 360 is actually pretty easy to counter. You can 1. Take a step back most of the time they run right into you.  2. Turn in the opposite direction of them and just swing since most will get hit after turning into your direction.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Curious if these queue times are region specific. I'm East coast Canada and both Killer and survivor times have been quick.
    I'm not playing as much at the moment so my rank for survivor sits only at 8, and my Killer rank at 7.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    I haven't played in about a week now. Between the ridiculous lobby times, performance issues and glitches... no thanks. I'll be back for the event though.
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited January 2019

It isn’t a bug in the lobbies that is causing this, it is just a severe lack of killers, myself included. Why? Because the so called improvements have made playing Killer even worse. The sounds are still screwed up beyond belief, and I’m not going to play a game with so many bugs. It isn’t fun. If you want survivor lobbies, then BHVR had better get off of their asses and fix the bugs that make it unfun to play killer. I’m going back to Spider-Man, which is 100x more fun than this game in its current crappy state.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Just an FYI. If i waited more than 5 minutes. I closed the app and reloaded the game ready up and got instant lobbies in red ranks. I wouldn't need to do this after every match lobbies popped. If i played swf and 1 of us couldn't see the others ranks(the lobby would be bugged and we sat). We closed our apps, reloaded and after everyone readied we got in 4 man lobbies in under 5 minutes.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

We have many, many threads with this same topic.

it's apparently not a matchmaking bug but a severe lack of people playing killer.

The devs need to act on this and make playing killer more appealing. We can talk about how that could be done.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    There are also maps where there is a lower framerate. Think of Red Forest where you have no more than 10/20 fps as a killer. 

Then another problem, the freaking lag spike whenever bloodlust kicks in, i have missed so many attacks and needed to chase for so much longer because bloodlust kicked in the second i wanted to swing and the whole game just freezes for a second.
  • Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    Nearly impossible to find a round...