The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Prove thy self now works on the user

Common devs games are fast enough as is why buff prove thy self further and make them faster? prove thy self now affects the user making gens go even faster...

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited January 2019
    Since when? It wasnt doing that for me last night.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Couldnt you use your first thread where you already were complaining about this?

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    It was always supposed to buff the user
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

@DemonDaddy said:
    Since when? It want doing that for me last night.

Since today, they fixed a bug. Even though some seem to see it as a further Buff for a Perk that will not be used on a longer basis.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

If prove thyself is not bugged right now, the only thing it does is to negate that natural debuff which makes you slower when you are working on a generator with somebody else. I know it because I use it. What I am gonna explain is related to the perk use, I don't know what happens if somebody else uses it.

You, survivor 1 and survivor 2 are working on different gens. It takes 80 seconds to complete them all.

You and survivor 1 are working on the same gen. If you don't have prove thyself, both of you are 10% slower and the bar is red. If you have the perk, the bar doesn't even become yellow. Survivor 2 does 1 generator in 80 seconds, you and survivor 1 does 1 generator in 40 seconds. If we ignore the time it requires to go to the next genny, with prove thyself, you are able to complete 3 gens in 80 seconds just like in the first scenario.

If you, survivor 1 and survivor 2 work on the same generator, the bar turns red meaning that it takes more than 80 seconds to complete 3 generators.

All prove thyself does is to negate a natural debuff which can be easily avoided by just working on different generators. No perk required.

You may ask, then, why the hell I use that perk if it is pointless. Completing a generator all by yourself gives 1250 points if we ignore the skill checks. If you complete a generator with somebody else, you earn approximately 4.5-5k bloodpoints if you use that perk. Keep in mind that you just repair half of the generator to get that amount of bloodpoints. It is a great bloodpoint perk imo.

That really is it. It is not a powerful perk, like at all. There is just enough drama though.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Wow, I was just using it for team support. Now I just kind of feel sorry for killers as everything already felt pretty fast with just the support version.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

People really don't understand the Perk very well and drastically overestimate what it does.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

Prove thy self plus tool boxes is pretty fast

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Its wonderful to have it working properly now.