The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pallet Destruction? Destructible crops?

I was just thinking. Wouldn't it be cool if you could damage a pallet with your m1 attack? After so many attacks it breaks and each attack would mean breaking it manually would be faster? I don't think it would break the game at all to do so. Even maybe make it to where it gets damaged after a survivor jumps across it. After all, once a pallet is thrown it's not like it's used often enough to be frowned upon?

While we're at it... It would be kind of cool to chop down the crops in the cornfield as well. Kind of add something else to it to spice it up. Like avoiding areas of the cornfield that have been chopped down?

Comments

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

I was just thinking. Wouldn't it be cool if you could damage a pallet with your m1 attack? After so many attacks it breaks and each attack would mean breaking it manually would be faster? I don't think it would break the game at all to do so. Even maybe make it to where it gets damaged after a survivor jumps across it. After all, once a pallet is thrown it's not like it's used often enough to be frowned upon?

While we're at it... It would be kind of cool to chop down the crops in the cornfield as well. Kind of add something else to it to spice it up. Like avoiding areas of the cornfield that have been chopped down?

It would waste too much time doing any of that
  • WeaponXMetsu
    WeaponXMetsu Member Posts: 81

Sure it would, but imagine in the cornfield when you attack it cuts the crops as well as hitting/missing a survivor.

Pallets would pretty much be the same. You go to hit a survivor, but he makes the slide across the pallet and instead you hit the pallet which then counts for a slightly faster breaking animation than normal.

It obviously isn't that big of a deal or game changing, but I always wonder about the small things in this game.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Not a very good idea the game has a bad case of spaghetti code. It would either crash the game somehow or drop it's performance severely. 
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Not a fan of the idea but I do Hate that corn with a passion so I'm on board :lol:

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Sounds like Minecraft. Hack, hack, hack. Not a lot of fun.

I like the other idea though: getting rid of undergrowth or corn would be so much fun.
    I propose a new killer idea: The Combine Harvester. Would probably suck at Léry's, but hey, no one's perfect.

• WeaponXMetsu

lol Yeah, probably so. Too bad details like that aren't really viable then :/

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited January 2019
    I personally just want to decapitate fleeing crows that attempt to fly away when I approach. 
  • NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    If that ever happened. I would buy leather-face to eliminate every single crop of rotten fields.

######### rotten fields.
  • WeaponXMetsu

lol Imagine if they put those details in? I know you don't really gain anything from it and it is time consuming, but I thought it would be a nice little addition. It would also make the rotten fields a bit more unique. Heh, You don't even have to fully destroy the crops. Just half the height when you swing or attack with leatherface's chainsaw.