The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BBQ Watch update.

Still No BBQ and Chili on the shrine.

That is all.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Another way to get BBQ and chili is to save up 9000 shards and buy Leatherface.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    TreemanXD said:
    Licensed killer....
  • GrootDude
    Master said:
    TreemanXD said:
    Licensed killer....
    You can’t buy licensed killers with shards?
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Too Cheap to Spend $4 After A Year Watch Update

Still hasn't bought it. That is all.

(But seriously, what is this topic accomplishing other than wasting space?)
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited January 2019

@TreemanXD said:

Master said:

TreemanXD said:

Licensed killer....

Correct. Only original characters can be unlocked with shards.

• GrootDude
    PigNRun said:

@TreemanXD said:
    Master said:

TreemanXD said:

Licensed killer....

Correct. Only original characters can be unlocked with shards.

That kinda sucks, but I guess I can see why it’s like that.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@brokedownpalace said:

It makes me smile. Totally worth it to me.

(I have bbq already cuz I bought Leatherface and leveled him. Not for BBQ mind you, but for awesome camping. Also totally worth it)

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Whats in the shrine?

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@Poweas said:
    Whats in the shrine?

Calm Spirit, Shadowborn, Diversion and Play With Your Food.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

ty as always Vortexas

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    The hero we all need
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited January 2019
    Well worth just buying the bbq DLC for £4 - you even get a free leatherface with it.

Franklin's and KO are also fun perks!
  • PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited January 2019

Just buy the BBQ DLC and also get 2 more decent perks and as a bonus you get some killer added into the mix for FREE!!!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I bought him when he was on sale for $4 and it was well worth it for the BBQ alone.

• Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2019

BBQCheese is a toxic crutch, people who use it earn no respect.I don't use it out of respect for my fellow survivors when I play Killer

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

When I first saw this, I thought it was regarding a BBQ event and not the perk.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@brokedownpalace said:

OP has already bought LF.

To show that if the Shrine of Secrets were to serve as a fair way for people to acquire perks otherwise locked behind a paywall, then the system would need a pseudo-randomness/rotation like structure, otherwise it can create awkward abnormalities like these.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@brokedownpalace said:

Lovely way to put it :)
    Fyi, OP has actually bought LF, he's just, err, compassionate towards other cheapskates who can't afford that fortune.

Just remember people, free stuff erodes your moral integrity, makes you weak, immature, entitled and a thoroughly irresponsible and unappreciative person.
    Want stuff? Sacrifice for it.

Four bucks. Jesus f***ing Christ.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

@Lateral said:
    BBQCheese is a toxic crutch, people who use it earn no respect.I don't use it out of respect for my fellow survivors when I play Killer

Tbh from all of the Perks which are used quite frequently, I think BBQ is the one that has the least impact.

• powerbats

@Lateral said:

You do realize there's Distortion and lockers now and the old all time favorite getting under the aura range or just cheesing outside of it. Most people myself included that run it at high ranks do it for the points and not for the reading.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

@powerbats said:

@Lateral said:

You do realize there's Distortion and lockers now and the old all time favorite getting under the aura range or just cheesing outside of it. Most people myself included that run it at high ranks do it for the points and not for the reading.

Shouldn't have replied that was pure bait.

• powerbats

@GraviteaUK said:

@powerbats said:

@Lateral said:

Shouldn't have replied that was pure bait.

Oh I'm sure it probably was but if not they get put on notice that there's reasonable things that can be done so they can't say later well what can you do.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Master said:
    TreemanXD said:
    Licensed killer....
    Pwyf is in the shrine -------> that's a Myers perk...... a licensed killer
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

@Bravo0413 said:
    Master said:

TreemanXD said:

Licensed killer....

That was the response to the post which said that you can buy Leatherface with Shards. Neither of the licensed Killers can be bought by Shards.

• Bravo0413

@Bravo0413 said:
    Master said:

TreemanXD said:

Licensed killer....

That was the response to the post which said that you can buy Leatherface with Shards. Neither of the licensed Killers can be bought by Shards.

My B xD 
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Vorteas, the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

Thank you as always.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I think BBQ is worth the couple of bucks... but yeah weird why it still hasn't show up yet... well over a year now. It is becoming apparent that BBQ has been excluded from the shrine and the Devs don't want to tell everyone that is has.

Sorry BHVR... BBQ not showing up still... Either shrine broken... the RNG should be tweaked.... Or you've purposely excluded it from the shrine RNG (which I believe you've done).

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Lateral said:

That would be a valid argument...if it wasn't worth running for the bonus bloodpoints alone.

And not to go deep into the "toxic perk" argument, but do you also not use decisive strike, etc, when you play survivor?

• George_Soros

@TheBean said:
    I think BBQ is worth the couple of bucks... but yeah weird why it still hasn't show up yet... well over a year now. It is becoming apparent that BBQ has been excluded from the shrine and the Devs don't want to tell everyone that is has.

Sorry BHVR... BBQ not showing up still... Either shrine broken... the RNG should be tweaked.... Or you've purposely excluded it from the shrine RNG (which I believe you've done).

If so, anything wrong with that?

• TheBean
    edited January 2019

@George_Soros said:

Not really... but be honest about it, if they did exclude it from the shrine. I bought LF anyways. If I was one of the people holding out on the shrine, I'd be annoyed, but I would have caved long ago.

With the amount of points you miss out on.. the couple of bucks are worth it if you play killer allot and this game allot.

• George_Soros

@TheBean said:

@George_Soros said:

Not really... but be honest about it, if they did exclude it from the shrine. I bought LF anyways. If I was one of the people holding out on the shrine, I'd be annoyed, but I would have caved long ago.

With the amount of points you miss out on.. the couple of bucks are worth it if you play killer allot and this game allot.

Yea, I completely agree that honesty is always better. Although in BHVR's defense, a lot of players are too immature to take the information "we purposefully never put BBQ on the Shrine" as it is: a sensible business decision. "The Cannibal" and his perks are their intellectual property, there's nothing wrong with trying to make players cough up a tiny bit of money for it. And like others mentioned, it comes with two other decent perks.
    But some people will always cry "GREEEEED"

• Bravo0413

@TheBean said:

@George_Soros said:

Yea, I completely agree that honesty is always better. Although in BHVR's defense, a lot of players are too immature to take the information "we purposefully never put BBQ on the Shrine" as it is: a sensible business decision. "The Cannibal" and his perks are their intellectual property, there's nothing wrong with trying to make players cough up a tiny bit of money for it. And like others mentioned, it comes with two other decent perks.
    But some people will always cry "GREEEEED"

REEEEEEEEE!!!
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Not surprised.

Still not buying a killer I don't want to play as.
    Do not want leatherface rituals.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vortexas said:

That is all.

I rarely even look at the shrine but i actually looked this week when it reset and said" yup here comes another thread from @Vortexas " and i am not disappointed. This shrine was especially a bad one.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@PigNRun said:

@Poweas said:
    Whats in the shrine?

Calm Spirit, Shadowborn, Diversion and Play With Your Food.

Man. I want Brutal strength, Surveillance, Make your choice or PWYF. :(

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2019

@TRGraybles said:

@Vortexas said:

That is all.

BBQ&C will never be in the shrine... it's the only reason people buy the Leatherface DLC... I think I heard it has made 1 single appearance ever in the shrine ever, if it wasn't a hoax!

If it's not going to show up, then all licensed character perks (Killer and Survivor) should be removed from the Shrine entirely.

• TheBean

@TRGraybles said:

@Vortexas said:

That is all.

BBQ&C will never be in the shrine... it's the only reason people buy the Leatherface DLC... I think I heard it has made 1 single appearance ever in the shrine ever, if it wasn't a hoax!

Here is the history of the shrine. Yee it has only showed up once.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Shrines_of_Secrets_Archive

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Killer BP Boost:

BBQ and Chili: On Shrine 1 time.

Survivor BP Boost:

We're Going to Live Forever: On Shrine 4 times.

Random.

• GrootDude
    Vortexas said:

Killer BP Boost:

BBQ and Chili: On Shrine 1 time.

Survivor BP Boost:

We're Going to Live Forever: On Shrine 4 times.

Random.

I hate how they put all his other perks on shrine but not the one most of us want, although I bought him and upgraded him to get his perks.
  • CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    I’ve only ever seen BBQ on the shrine once since Bobba has been added to the PS4. When I saw it racked up those 750 shards as fast as possible and was not/am not a killer main. Boy am I so glad I did it helps so much with the grind when you can get so many blood points. That’s probably one reason it hasn’t come up again or we’d have to play for the killer with actual money since we can’t grind for him with shards. 
  • Lateral

@Chrona said:

@Lateral said:

That would be a valid argument...if it wasn't worth running for the bonus bloodpoints alone.

And not to go deep into the "toxic perk" argument, but do you also not use decisive strike, etc, when you play survivor?

Decisive Strike is a necessary utility for some people, one which I choose not to use as I find others more useful.

Survivors have it tough with all the years of crying from killers having received nerf after nerf consecutively and consistently for as long as I care to recall.

• Lateral

@DocOctober said:
    Lateral said:

Can you do anything else besides making posts that make you look like the saltiest Survivor main there is?

My favorite Killer is Freddy, the hardest KIller there is. I just don't like playing 'easy-mode' classes, I prefer to work for my kills and expect that for all classes.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited January 2019

Buy Leatherface in any Steam Sale, only 2.50€, I bought him the last Christmas.

@fcc2014 said:

@Vortexas said:

That is all.

I rarely even look at the shrine but i actually looked this week when it reset and said" yup here comes another thread from @Vortexas " and i am not disappointed. This shrine was especially a bad one.

The Shrine of the past week was worse, four perks of starting characters and except Urban Evasion, bad perks.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Lateral said:

@Chrona said:

@Lateral said:

Decisive Strike is a necessary utility for some people, one which I choose not to use as I find others more useful.

Survivors have it tough with all the years of crying from killers having received nerf after nerf consecutively and consistently for as long as I care to recall.

That's...an interesting perspective.

Especially when survivors have been overpowered for most of the game's life.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Lateral said:

@DocOctober said:
    Lateral said:

Can you do anything else besides making posts that make you look like the saltiest Survivor main there is?

My favorite Killer is Freddy, the hardest KIller there is. I just don't like playing 'easy-mode' classes, I prefer to work for my kills and expect that for all classes.

You and playing Killer? An excellent joke, mate.

• Lateral
    edited February 2019

dear god I just realized how little I care about all this bollocks.

Post edited by Lateral on
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I'll keep my eye out for a post next week @Vortexas