The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I had the craziest tunneling session the other day

Chi
Chi Member Posts: 780

It was like a day or two ago, but thinking about it make me laugh.

I played as Nea, had a toolbox, was planning on genbitching most of the game, and for once not be the one to always get chased.
Of course, I was the first one to be found. It was a Huntress. I ran her, used dead hard to dodge a hatchet, ran some more, messed up and went down.

Fine, that is alright, I get hooked, the Huntress goes to the other side of the map and I get rescued. My friend who was in a swf with me warned me that the Huntress broke of chase with them to go back to the hook.
So I ran away from the heals Laurie wanted to give me, and sure enough... there she was.
I thought, she is gonna go for the Laurie, Laurie is trying to take her attention, running in front of her and all that.

But no. She wanted ME. My friend tried to take aggro, but the Huntress just went around them, as if they were just another obstacle in a loop.
I was very confused. There were 2 gens left, the Huntress was essentially throwing their game by tunneling me. I hadn't teabagged, I hadn't pointed at her, no D-strike...I had been surprisingly non toxic that match. I get downed and hooked again, the Huntress leaves...
But then I get insta saved, by my friend!

I thought, okay this is it, I am dead. I am dead as #########. I was in a dead dead area. I get downed, but then the final generator is finally done and my adrenaline procs. She hits my friend, and they instantly go down, NOED. Not that it matters for me, I am injured anyway. I thought, okay this might be the moment where they go for someone else, I adrenaline to an exit gate, just to hear the humming again. Couldn't get to a loop, so I went down, and died. All three other teammates escaped.

And now I ask the Huntress why she threw her game, just to tunnel me. "Because you used dead hard." "You need dead hard to survive so you are bad and needed to die." "I made good prediction and you dead hard, you need to die."
Never mind the fact that they could have baited out my dead hard and didn't 3 times, I said "Seriously? Just because I used dead hard?"
The Huntress said "No, also because you were on autohaven wreckers, pallets everywhere and used 4 pallets."

I still get confused thinking about it. Has anyone ever been tunnelled for using dead hard and not wasting pallets? Didn't really matter to me that I got tunneled, because everyone else survived, but the reason, #########?

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited January 2019

I just recently started using DH and haven't noticed an increase in tunneling and camping except for when SWF with friends (how dare I have friends!). People will come up with any excuse to camp and tunnel, though. They were probably just as likely to use your character as an excuse if DH wasn't present. Campers gonna camp lol

Post edited by fluffybunny on
  • Lateral
    Lateral Member Posts: 77

DH is by no means game changing. its about as useful as sprint burst, both of which I'd gladly trade for better perks. Killer is just a bad sport.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Chi I was about to defend this Huntress: the way I see it tunneling is great if done early, and sometimes it just does not work out well, then you're stuck between two bad choices: chase people who haven't been hooked and risk a 0K, or try to tunnel at least one to oblivion, also leading to a loss.

Until I got to where she says "you used Dead Hard". That cracked me up. DH is by far the worst exhaustion perk, and even if it weren't, so what... she wants to punish players for using perks? I understand the frustration (it sucks to chase a good looper for 3-4 gens), but still...
    Some players, both killers and survivors are beyond moronic... Hope you had a good laugh about it.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    The Huntress thought she could tunnel you early but couldn't, then she got mad and made up excuses
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

You have to realize that tunneling is just the optimal play most of the times.
    Whether she could have landed an extra hit on your friend is debatable and imnot gonna comment on that without footage, but sometimes you will lose your actual victim if you do that

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Lateral said:
    DH is by no means game changing. its about as useful as sprint burst, both of which I'd gladly trade for better perks. Killer is just a bad sport.

No. Sprint burst is the second best exhaustion perk. Balanced is 1st. Dead hard is 3rd. Top 3 are good it's just Lithe that sucks.

• Poweas

@Master said:
    Whether she could have landed an extra hit on your friend is debatable and imnot gonna comment on that without footage, but sometimes you will lose your actual victim if you do that

Be honest though, she wasn't playing in an 'optimal' way, she was mad because of Dead hard. I can understand Sprint burst but Dead hard? ######### is the logic. Next thing you know, Deja vu is considered a toxic genrushing perk.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

Be honest though, she wasn't playing in an 'optimal' way, she was mad because of Dead hard. I can understand Sprint burst but Dead hard? ######### is the logic. Next thing you know, Deja vu is considered a toxic genrushing perk.

With all the ######### killers have to go through sometimes, im not surprised.
    But again, without footage its hard to tell. But does it hoenstly matter what the reason was?

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

But again, without footage its hard to tell. But does it hoenstly matter what the reason was?

Kind of yeah. By the way, I totally understand the ######### killers go through nowadays. The gens are horrible nobody heals and everyone just rushes them. If I play Wraith or Billy, they won't go so hard. But when I'm Spirit or Nurse they will not give me a chance.

I get that it's the aim of the game but holy ######### some people are unbelievably good at rushing. Fck that self care nerf, that's what caused this. If it was never nerfed killers wouldn't be going through such extreme genrushing. I hope the devs revert the changes because nobody heals. Getting instadowned isn't even that bad since 3 gens are done by the time you kill someone now that everyone has realised how useless SC is.

• Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    Poweas said:

@Lateral said:

No. Sprint burst is the second best exhaustion perk. Balanced is 1st. Dead hard is 3rd. Top 3 are good it's just Lithe that sucks.

I really like lithe tbh.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited February 2019

Kind of yeah. By the way, I totally understand the ######### killers go through nowadays. The gens are horrible nobody heals and everyone just rushes them. If I play Wraith or Billy, they won't go so hard. But when I'm Spirit or Nurse they will not give me a chance.

I get that it's the aim of the game but holy ######### some people are unbelievably good at rushing. Fck that self care nerf, that's what caused this. If it was never nerfed killers wouldn't be going through such extreme genrushing. I hope the devs revert the changes because nobody heals. Getting instadowned isn't even that bad since 3 gens are done by the time you kill someone now that everyone has realised how useless SC is.

I agree, I don’t even use sc anymore because the heal time is outrageous, I can hardly do well with killer anymore because all it is is gennnnssssss.

• Eesane
    Eesane Member Posts: 27

This sounds like they were just trying to make up an excuse for tunneling and doing poorly in a match. Plus they had noed on huntress so that speaks for itself of what type of player they are; lazy until down to the wire. I mean most (not all) players with noed play painfully lazy that it's very obvious they have noed.

She let you run her, she could have found someone else easier to chase.

• KoolaidInMyCup
    KoolaidInMyCup Member Posts: 20

I got tunneled>Camped>Mori'd the other day because I brought a Rainbow Map. When we got back to the lobby the killer said they Mori'd me because I had a map which meant I must be in a SWF and someone must've brought a key.

But nobody had a key.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

What has the SC nerf do with genrushing?
    SWF use to adrenaline-genrush for ages now.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Master the gen rush is much more common because more and more people are quitting sc because of the heal time.

• Poweas
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

What has the SC nerf do with genrushing?
    SWF use to adrenaline-genrush for ages now.

The reason SC nerf made genrushing so common is because nobody bothers to heal which saves a valuable 32 seconds (almost half a gens time). So most people at high ranks decide not to use Self care. Even solo players don't and that's why it's became so prevalent. Adrenaline is just an extra perk to heal.

• Lillika
    Lillika Member Posts: 38

Why even discuss ediquet move on