The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Balance Issues

So alot of people on the forums, I assume also on this comment section shortly, are talking about how terribly unbalanced this game is. Now I'm a survivor and killer player, i generally remain rank 1 until lately since I haven't been playing DBD as much. 

I've never seen this "terribly unbalanced" side of DBD. I play every single lobby I get, I don't disconnect and honestly I'm not even that good, on either side. Alot of this game isn't about being super good, it's about playing smart. As a survivor if i get chased by a good killer, i usually dont last very long. That doesnt mean I don't have my fair share of good juking moments. As a killer I get plenty of great games, I also have games that arent so great but almost NEVER have I felt completely and utterly outclassed by survivors. I've never once felt completely useless and powerless. Not against solos, not against SWF. I honestly feel like there isn't that much of a skill gap between the two. Definitely not enough to say that the game is "terribly" or "ridiculously unbalanced"

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

"As a survivor if I get chased by a good killer, I usually dont last very long"

So you admit that you are not that good in looping, but then ask yourself this question. If there are higher skilled players than you, why are you able to reach rank 1, the rank that should be reserved to top-notch players?
    Thats just one of the many unbalances in DBD.

Also if you cant feel the balance gap between solo and SWF, then I dont know what to say. It should be obvious if you play killer

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Master said:

So you admit that you are not that good in looping, but then ask yourself this question. If there are higher skilled players than you, why are you able to reach rank 1, the rank that should be reserved to top-notch players?

Also if you cant feel the balance gap between solo and SWF, then I dont know what to say. It should be obvious if you play killer

I do play killer and i rarely ever have issues against any survivors, solo or swf. And if I do it isn't a balance issue its because I tunneled to long and didnt apply pressure, or I swung to early and missed the hit. As I said I'm not the best killer.

And i I'm not terrible on either side but I'm defintely not the best, like I said I can be pretty good on the jukes, but not always. Super good killers can generally mind game me pretty quick. I'm not afraid to admit that haha. And the chase isn't the whole game, rank involves playing your role well. I'm good at safely doing team gens, saving/healing friends, and I'm okay at the loops. Loops aren't the whole side of survivor theres alot more too it
  • LegitAdventurer
    edited January 2019
    ClogWench said:
    Local Man Has No Problems: "Everyone else is wrong!"
    More at 11
    I'm obviously not the only one who feels this way. Have I played against toxic teabaggy survivors? Sure. Did it completely ruin the game for me? No. I think people just take things a little too seriously, no?

Edit: also I never said everyone else is wrong. I made this post to bring on discussion. My opinion is not law. It's just an opinion. We don't have to agree to get along.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    ClogWench said:
    More at 11
    I'm obviously not the only one who feels this way. Have I played against toxic teabaggy survivors? Sure. Did it completely ruin the game for me? No. I think people just take things a little too seriously, no?

Edit: also I never said everyone else is wrong. I made this post to bring on discussion. My opinion is not law. It's just an opinion. We don't have to agree to get along.
    How long have you been playing?
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    ClogWench said:
    More at 11

The discussion's been made a long time ago. Even the devs acknowledge that SWF have unfair advantages, both over Killers and Solo Survivors.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Master said:

This ^ +1

• LegitAdventurer
    Tsulan said:
    ClogWench said:
    More at 11

Ive been playing for the better half of a year. Probably like 10 months? I'm not exactly sure.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Tsulan said:

LegitAdventurer said:

ClogWench said:

More at 11

Ive been playing for the better half of a year. Probably like 10 months? I'm not exactly sure.

What's your hours?

• Master

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Master said:

I do play killer and i rarely ever have issues against any survivors, solo or swf. And if I do it isn't a balance issue its because I tunneled to long and didnt apply pressure, or I swung to early and missed the hit. As I said I'm not the best killer.

And i I'm not terrible on either side but I'm defintely not the best, like I said I can be pretty good on the jukes, but not always. Super good killers can generally mind game me pretty quick. I'm not afraid to admit that haha. And the chase isn't the whole game, rank involves playing your role well. I'm good at safely doing team gens, saving/healing friends, and I'm okay at the loops. Loops aren't the whole side of survivor theres alot more too it

So how is it possible that you reach rank 1?
    According to your descritpion you are a fairly new player that is not playing competitive at all or has understand the basics of safe and unsafe pallets :smile:

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Well there are definitely some balancing issues that still need to be adressed in some way, but I do agree with you that this game is in a good spot right now, I enjoy playing both sides a lot.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Master said:

According to your descritpion you are a fairly new player that is not playing competitive at all or has understand the basics of safe and unsafe pallets :smile:

because its not hard at all to rank up? also its simple: loop short I hit u loop long I hit pallet
  • Master

@artist said:
    Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

Master said:

because its not hard at all to rank up? also its simple: loop short I hit u loop long I hit pallet

There you go, you just admitted to the first balance issue (broken ranksystem) :wink:

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Master said:

@artist said:
    Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

Master said:

There you go, you just admitted to the first balance issue (broken ranksystem) :wink:

yeah I never denied it lol
  • LegitAdventurer
    Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Master said:

You're making alot of assumptions, i never said i wasn't playing competitively. I'm a good player and I definitely understand the fundamentals of the game, including safe and unsafe pallets. I definitely wouldn't consdier almost 10 months of game time to consider me new. Ive gotten myself to rank 1 almost every season. I'm a good player, just admittedly not the best player.
  • LegitAdventurer
    Blueberry said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Tsulan said:

LegitAdventurer said:

ClogWench said:

More at 11

What's your hours?

There is no way to check logged hours on this game lol