The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So Glad..

So glad I decided to BUY the Huntress cosmetics rather than attempt to grind for it. Doing the event on the killer side was simple and it was effortless to get a few points for coins...and then I played survivor...this is possibly the most tryhard activity I've seen from killers in awhile. My first 4 survivor games I was facecamped into 2nd stage, other survivors fought to get me and then I got tunneled and put on hook again (even got moried one game). I didn't expect to lose rank after a few games into the event, but all I can say is that I'm SO glad I didn't grind for it.

Comments

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Im only going to grind for fengs and huntress skins only cause ace skin is meh as hell
  • HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    Fenrir said:
    Im only going to grind for fengs and huntress skins only cause ace skin is meh as hell
    Sounds smart, they could've done better with Ace's in my opinion
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I actually find it very easy to get. Just do gens and grab a lantern, you can get 45 points per game if you escape.

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92

I'll be doing the same. What's the point in grinding if other people can spend 3 minutes buying them? It annoys me. So I'm just going to buy it and take the easier road, I grinded for the (IMO) easier and funner Halloween event, and I somewhat regret it considering I see people who weren't even playing then using the skins because they bought them, makes me feel like I wasted my time.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    broke gamers rise up?
  • HuN7r3sS

I actually find it very easy to get. Just do gens and grab a lantern, you can get 45 points per game if you escape.

The problem for me is the killers that decided facecamp was the best option
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    The problem is that you're not just against other killers anymore, survivors are your enemy now too.

Left to die on the hook, sandbagged, or they just generally go straight to hatchcamp mode.

This is garbage.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Imo the pay option should be there for those who can't do an event at the time it's on, anyone who plays should be better rewarded with a steady flow of coins feeling like they are achieving something while having a lot of fun playing.

The fact that you paid while the event is still on rewards the devs for how it is, I am always careful to reward any company with money as they are more reluctant to change things, the future events may well be just as bad as this one if to many have the same attitude and open their wallet while it's active.
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Had the same experience when I played survivor for the event. Terrible killers who don't understand basic mindgames and thus get mad and facecamp you after downing you with noed. I even had a Legion who couldn't hit me with his frenzy during the entire game but as soon as the last gen popped he came with his baby perk noed and 1-hooked me. Lame as hell. I've been playing killer only since I managed to get Feng's skin. It's less stressful right now in my opinion. 
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

i don't even really care for this event, none of the cosmetics interest me

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    There's 2 types of games during this event..

1) Gens don't get done

2) Complete genrush

It feels like there's no inbetween.

Its hard to get points as survivor because the others are off looking for lanterns of hatch camping and so you get no points through gens.

Its hard to get points as killer because they either d/c before hook or let themself die on first hook.

I think once again 3-4 man swf gain a huge advantage from this event because they can genrush, unhook each other and not compete.

Solo survivor has become unplayable in this event.
  • HuN7r3sS
    There's 2 types of games during this event..

1) Gens don't get done

2) Complete genrush

It feels like there's no inbetween.

Its hard to get points as survivor because the others are off looking for lanterns of hatch camping and so you get no points through gens.

Its hard to get points as killer because they either d/c before hook or let themself die on first hook.

I think once again 3-4 man swf gain a huge advantage from this event because they can genrush, unhook each other and not compete.

Solo survivor has become unplayable in this event.
    I actually had an Ace grab a lantern and do gens the entire game. Like even when I got caught and hooked and the killer went to chase someone else. He managed to slowly crouch towards me as I was now in struggle mode and ran off when the killer returned because he was so paranoid about losing his lantern
  • HuN7r3sS
    yeet said:

i don't even really care for this event, none of the cosmetics interest me

I only cared for the Huntress cosmetic
  • HuN7r3sS
    Imo the pay option should be there for those who can't do an event at the time it's on, anyone who plays should be better rewarded with a steady flow of coins feeling like they are achieving something while having a lot of fun playing.

The fact that you paid while the event is still on rewards the devs for how it is, I am always careful to reward any company with money as they are more reluctant to change things, the future events may well be just as bad as this one if to many have the same attitude and open their wallet while it's active.
    I felt like the Hallowed Blight event was exactly the secondary objective strategy they should've went with