The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Team mates that screw your match

_LC
_LC Member Posts: 105

This is really pissing me off haha
So, i don't have any problems with people being bad at the game, because i'm not a perfect player and the whole point is to have fun, but the thing is: i do not enjoy that much playing a match where everything that my team mates does screws me up, if they do something at all.
What are your thoughts about this topic?

just to make some examples, i just played a game where i was affected by ruin 1 and i was the only one that did gens. I did 2 gens and then the killer murdered us all. For a whole match no one touched a gen. I understand that the event just started but, how? it's the only thing you have to do in the game, what the ######### are you doing the entire time hahah
Also people that run in corners to self care themself, even if u do the emotes and say to come with u so u can heal them. Maybe i have a medkit, or botany knowledge or something else but they do not trust me at all and decide to waste a lot of time because maybe the killer can come and tunnel him. I often take the aggro or maybe take a hit if i am full health, cause if the other guy gets downed i have less chance to survive the entire match, but people don't realize that u can do some team work to higher your chances of escaping. I rarely see someone take a hit for me or just play having in mind that the survivors are a team of 4 people.

funny mention: got downed by a billy near the basement, no one was hooked there before. He brings me down ad i see two people chillin there. h e l l o g u y s , w h a t a r e y o u d o i n g d o w n h e r e ?

Comments

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

I hate chasing people across the map with my Botany 3. Most of the time they Self-Care with you right there waiting, completely oblivious to you, but sometimes I just let them run. It's a waste for us both to run around without doing Gens. Even cleansing dull totems is more worthwhile than two people running to safety when not in a chase.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I love it when survivors act like that. It makes the match easier for me  :)
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019

Stop worrying about your team. At the end of the day, if they aren't straight up body blocking you or hook farming you, your survival is entirely dependent on YOU and YOU alone. If I can repair 3 gens as the last dude, you can too.

Bad teammates are supposed to be a part of the game. You really only are supposed to rely on your team in very specific circumstances, and even saving them off a hook is more beneficial to you than it is to them, as it possibly keeps the Killer's attention away from you so that you may survive instead, and you'll have someone who may decide to "repay the favor" in the event that you also get hooked.

• NoReward
    NoReward Member Posts: 36
    Maybe ppl were doing gens, just not able to complete them?
    But strange to hang out in the basement like that. 
    I have sometime gone afk because of irl stuff that made me have to leave, but I think it’s better to do it like that than to disconnect? 
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It's normal that people who are relatively new to the game "screw up". A lot of them are "scared" and often hide somewhere in the corner of the map instead of doing gens etc.

Nobody would be surprised if they encountered these players on rank 18. But since it's currently too easy to rank up, these players can be found in all ranks. That's just how the current situation is.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@_LC said:
    This is really pissing me off haha
    So, i don't have any problems with people being bad at the game, because i'm not a perfect player and the whole point is to have fun, but the thing is: i do not enjoy that much playing a match where everything that my team mates does screws me up, if they do something at all.
    What are your thoughts about this topic?

just to make some examples, i just played a game where i was affected by ruin 1 and i was the only one that did gens. I did 2 gens and then the killer murdered us all. For a whole match no one touched a gen. I understand that the event just started but, how? it's the only thing you have to do in the game, what the [BAD WORD] are you doing the entire time hahah
    Also people that run in corners to self care themself, even if u do the emotes and say to come with u so u can heal them. Maybe i have a medkit, or botany knowledge or something else but they do not trust me at all and decide to waste a lot of time because maybe the killer can come and tunnel him. I often take the aggro or maybe take a hit if i am full health, cause if the other guy gets downed i have less chance to survive the entire match, but people don't realize that u can do some team work to higher your chances of escaping. I rarely see someone take a hit for me or just play having in mind that the survivors are a team of 4 people.

funny mention: got downed by a billy near the basement, no one was hooked there before. He brings me down ad i see two people chillin there. h e l l o g u y s , w h a t a r e y o u d o i n g d o w n h e r e ?

A shame that the community asked for free pips and the devs handed them out