The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Opinions on the new cosmetics

KiraElijah
KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

Cosmetics sure have evolved since the hound mask, donkey jacket, and Phoenix shirts..

But here are my thoughts on the new cosmetics

•Feng: I’ll start out with hers, the outfit is amazing! I love the design and how well it goes together.

•Ace, kinda lackluster. Good in concept, but doesn’t suit him.

•Huntress: I love the Head, but it doesn’t blend well with anything but the outfit it’s with. The outfit is lackluster, nothing great there. I love the weapon, goes well with everything.

Don’t hate on my opinions, and don’t take them as hate

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited January 2019

I like the Feng outfit and huntress torso, but that’s all I like. I’ll try for all of it though.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

@KiraElijah said:
    Cosmetics sure have evolved since the hound mask, donkey jacket, and Phoenix shirts..

•Feng: I’ll start out with hers, the outfit is amazing! I love the design and how well it goes together.

•Huntress: I love the Head, but it doesn’t blend well with anything but the outfit it’s with. The outfit is lackluster, nothing great there. I love the weapon, goes well with everything.

Compared to the very first things we got, these cosmetics are a hell of a lot better.

But to me theyre.. alright. Nothing too crazy like Matrix Nea/Street'Stylin Claudette.

But in my honest opinion the cosmetics for this event go
    Feng
    Huntress
    Ace

If you want a better Ace cosmetic that's close to this events cosmetic just buy his Hugh Hefner robe 30x better and way more stylish.

• Nova_Terra
    Nova_Terra Member Posts: 123

Ace's head has a clear line if you use it with any other cosmetics, it's like they don't even play their own game before releasing stuff lol.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    I love Feng's and the Huntress' is cool, but Ace's is pretty lame, TBH.
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Ace is alright, might get his since he's like my 3rd main. Fengs is meh tbh, just looks like another cosmetic piece for all the horny members of this community to draw and sexualize. Huntress actually looks pretty good and i might get hers as well.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Ace's and Feng's are pretty basic CNY outfits, the only difference is that Feng's outfit would've been a one-piece irl. Imo they should've just give her pants to go with the top because that skirt really doesn't go along with anything else.

As for Huntress, I still think it makes her looks like a man if not for the skirt...
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    I love Feng's. Its becoming one of the main incentives to play as her more often.

Honestly, I dont like Ace in the first place. There is not a single cosmetic out there that make me like him at all. His suit for this event is probably the best one out of all the ones he has, making him at least bearable to the eyes.

I dont play Huntress, so I dont care.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Feng>Huntress>Ace

I am gay too so I don't think it is related to sexuality lol

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92

The Feng outfit is amazing, got to admit I'm disappointed with Ace's in game though, it looked cool from the images I'd seen but in game it just falls flat. Why'd they choose Ace for an outfit like that, anyway?

• KiraElijah

It’s official Feng has the best

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@brokedownpalace said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

Ace is alright, might get his since he's like my 3rd main. Fengs is meh tbh, just looks like another cosmetic piece for all the horny members of this community to draw and sexualize. Huntress actually looks pretty good and i might get hers as well.

I'm gay and I love Feng's outfit. Guess it's cause I'm all horned up, though.

Alright sonicfox good for you, too bad no one asked and no one wanted to know.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I like Fengs. It's quite a beauty but the skirt doesn't go with anything else. I do love huntresses outfit though. We now have another killer that wears a rotting pig head. Ace is meh and I could care less. I'm going for the huntress torso first because I think it'll look good with my hound mask

• PhantomMask20763

@Detective_Jonathan said:

@brokedownpalace said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

Lol, sonicfox. That's great

• GrootDude

Coming in as the fourth gay guy who thinks Fengs is best.

• PhantomMask20763

@TreemanXD said:
    Coming in as the fourth gay guy who thinks Fengs is best.

If we're doing this then. 5th gay coming in liking Fengs

• Smurftacular86
    Smurftacular86 Member Posts: 10

Imo huntress "thick hunter's coat" body goes very well with the event head and weapon. Also for me huntress>feng min>ace. 
  • Marble_Index
    Marble_Index Member Posts: 55

I love them all, and I'm sure people will buy them with autistic cells, because it sure don't look like you'll be able to get them with Golden Coins :)

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

They're very 'meh.' Feng's is nice and the Huntress's mask is pretty sweet, but nothing too mindblowing. No hate to the devs, but that's my opinion as well.

• KiraElijah

I wonder if that dude still thinks we like feng’s due to sexuality 😂

• GrootDude

I wonder XD

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134
    Well then, I 'm the seventh gay (Chinese man) that like Feng outfit. The cheongsam looks nice and fit her really well. 
    As for the Ace outfit, I somehow have a felling that it will fit David better than Ace. Ace's face seems derpy in that outfit.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

@brokedownpalace said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

Lol triggered much?
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Huntress is good but the other 2 look bad imo

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Feng 10/10 I’m glad my girlfriend got something really good! The grind will totally be worth it. I already got 2/3 of her outfit!!

My Ace is level 5 and I’ve had this game for five months LOL. Never really touch him and I don’t really like the cosmetic for him. I guess it’s okay?

Huntress. My second girlfriend. Hmmm. Only like the mask tbh that’s it the rest of the outfit is kinda whatever to me. Of course that’s just my opinion.
  • paul_denson
    paul_denson Member Posts: 27

I'm the only one who wants them to take out cosmetics for the huntress that make her look more feminine

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Not even remotely worth the trouble.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Still gonna wait for the valentines day cosmetics :/

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Feng is the only one worth it but im not a fan of the fact cosmetics are not event exclusive. Anyone can just buy them.
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I love both Feng's and the Huntress full outfits. I like Ace's head and that was the only thing I bothered to get for him.

• lasombra1979

@fcc2014 said:
    Feng is the only one worth it but im not a fan of the fact cosmetics are not event exclusive. Anyone can just buy them.

I completely agree with that. event cosmetics should be event exclusive. You dont grind, you dont wear.

• fcc2014

@lasombra1979 said:

@fcc2014 said:

I completely agree with that. event cosmetics should be event exclusive. You dont grind, you dont wear.

It takes away what makes them special. When i see a bunny mask or Feng's shirt or Davids jacket i know that person as been around a bit and played. As cool as the Hallowed Blight Cosmetics are. I got my outfits but when i see others use them did they buy them or grind them in the event? It just makes them less special.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Just commenting as the third gay person who likes Feng's outfit lol.
    Jesus, just how many of you are there?

It's not dbd that did this to you, is it? IS IT?
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I got the huntress clothes and think it looks pretty good with last year's wolf mask. Probably gonna try to get 5 coins to get fends full set and huntresses axe. If I have extra time probably get the boar head too.
  • lasombra1979

@fcc2014 said:

@lasombra1979 said:

@fcc2014 said:

It takes away what makes them special. When i see a bunny mask or Feng's shirt or Davids jacket i know that person as been around a bit and played. As cool as the Hallowed Blight Cosmetics are. I got my outfits but when i see others use them did they buy them or grind them in the event? It just makes them less special.

I feel the same way. Also, if I can grind for and get pretty much all cosmetics since console release with my limited gaming time, I cannot see why others cannot. They give you two weeks to do the grind.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

@KiraElijah said:

I agree with you on all accounts. I don't run Huntress or Ace, so have zero interest in their cosmetics. Sure would love to have one of those outfits for Trapper though. Wouldn't he be spiffy in a nice suit?!

• fcc2014

@lasombra1979 the grind is fine, the point value for both sides is #########, the offerings are too few. This is by far my least favorite event. We are playing virtually the same game minus piss poor teammates try to protect lanterns instead of try to finish the objective for guaranteed points. That is the thing about playing killer. I get my points through hooks if i stumble upon a lantern and can break it fine if not oh well.

• lasombra1979

@fcc2014 I agree with that. As killer, I just play my game normal and did not worry about the event. If I stumbled on a lantern, great. I will say as killer, this event should promote much less camping as you want to hook survivors as many times as possible to get points. As survivor, I been seeing the same thing. Again, I play my usual game. If I grab a lantern, its with one gen left. Now dont get me wrong, if you are hooked after the gates are powered, I will leave you and exit if I got a lantern.

• fcc2014

@lasombra1979 i had random teammates that didn't do ######### so when they got hooked i didn't get them. If you are not working towards everyone trying to get out and just worrying about yourself you better have ds and deliverance because i won't help. I solo que most matches last night and it was the same thing survivors running around finding a lantern first and than hiding until last person standing looking for the hatch. Killer death rates i'm going to assume improve during this event if this game play continues. Get 20 points for the generator than worry about a lantern unless you are standing next to one.

• GrootDude

You make me laugh!!! XD

• lasombra1979

@fcc2014 I ran solo almost all night last night. I actually had 3 matches where I powered all gens myself because the rest were running around looking for lanterns. Kinda annoys me I personally got them all 20 points and they did nothing, but its how the event is structured.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Feng dress is about the only one I would want, but I already have an outfit for everyone, so I can't be bothered.

Skip!

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Just commenting as the third gay person who likes Feng's outfit lol.

Blame Shirtless David. 
  • fcc2014

@lasombra1979 said:
    @fcc2014 I ran solo almost all night last night. I actually had 3 matches where I powered all gens myself because the rest were running around looking for lanterns. Kinda annoys me I personally got them all 20 points and they did nothing, but its how the event is structured.

yep, sounds familiar

• KiraElijah
    edited January 2019

Feng Min wins the award for best event cosmetics.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

Mhm. Hoping my girl Claudette gets a good one soon.
  • GrootDude
    edited January 2019

Yaaaay Feng Min Winsss!!!!

• KiraElijah

@JammyJewels said:
    KiraElijah said:

Mhm. Hoping my girl Claudette gets a good one soon.

She needs some new ones, Blight was lacking.