The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Obligation to saving randoms.

Now i just got out of a game against a huntress that downed everyone probably 2 mins or so into the match, and i already had my vessel in my possession, now, i don't know about you, but as someone who plays solo majority of the time. I have to grind very hard to get to my goal, i don't like running with friends because it just feels cheap.

"Hey man you got a vessel"
"No dude"
"Here take the randoms he just got hooked"
"Aw sweet uwu owo rawr XD"

Now back to what happened, So after The Huntress downed everyone i hid, because it was the only reasonable thing to do and i didn't want to loose, and anyone with a brain would do the same thing. I let everyone die and tried to find the hatch, She managed to find me and it would have escalated to a hatch stand-off had she not had hit me with her hatchet. But the salt in the end game chat. "######### that Tapp" "Yea he just camps pallets, i have him on my mori list" "I'll be sure to cuck him when i see him again" Now about the obsession, The Huntress managed to down her and hook her in the basement next to a locker i was in, when she left, i got out and shook my head, signaling that if i saved her, The killer would just come back and down me and let her go. And i was not about to let that happen.

In conclusion, if you're a solo player, do not feel bad about leaving people behind. Leave that to their SWF partner if they have one. If they are also a solo player, then it's their fault. People in this game seem to think this is a team game when the tagline states "Survive Together...or Not" You can choose to work as a team (SWF) or be a lone wolf (Solo). Do i feel bad for letting everyone die? Yes. But i realized that it was their own fault for them putting themselves in that situation, and i was not about to loose that game especially when i am so close to getting another coin.

Comments

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Actually being next to a hook and not
    saving because the killer mi
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I hate survivors like you Tapp.... inteligent survivors I mean. They always get away, unlike the superhero types that come runing to save their hooked friend: That's 2 hooked survivors for me at the end
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    The only possible way that obession would have maybe been OK was with borrowed time but even then it would put yourself in danger. 
  • starkiller1286
    RoKrueger said:
    I hate survivors like you Tapp.... inteligent survivors I mean. They always get away, unlike the superhero types that come runing to save their hooked friend: That's 2 hooked survivors for me at the end
    Did my daily yesterday as trapper after I hooked on in the basement the others quickly charged in on a suicide run one by one stepping in my trap at the god pallet just to get a basement trip too. The last one running at me and started to crawl to the basement. It ended in a 4k in about 2 minutes I'm not even a good trapper.
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@starkiller1286 said:
    It ended in a 4k in about 2 minutes I'm not even a good trapper.

This is because it is so damned easy for survivors to pip that we have truly rank 15s and even rank 20 at rank 1. The rank system is a complete joke, and this entire thread proves it even more. The ranking system needs to go back to the more difficult level that it was, and perhaps even harder than that. More than half the survivors at rank 1, play like they are still rank 15.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    what a boring play style. 
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@artist said:
    what a boring play style. 

I remember a match that resulted in me killing 3 survivors within 2 minutes then the final survivor hiding for 20 minutes, still had 4 gens up...in the end I gave up ..because it was like...man...you want this that bad?

• starkiller1286
    Kaelum said:

@starkiller1286 said:
    It ended in a 4k in about 2 minutes I'm not even a good trapper.

This is because it is so damned easy for survivors to pip that we have truly rank 15s and even rank 20 at rank 1. The rank system is a complete joke, and this entire thread proves it even more. The ranking system needs to go back to the more difficult level that it was, and perhaps even harder than that. More than half the survivors at rank 1, play like they are still rank 15.

That is quite sad before the whole 15 is the 20 my highest killer rank was 12 to 13 before reset the emblem system needs a revamp or something. Though I did enjoy the old point system even if it did encourage toxicity with boldness points. 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Nah that crap is funny. I've gotten that a few times from killers when leaving the 2nd last person on the hook to die so I can grab the hatch.

Salty greedy killers that hunger for the 4K getting mad cause you denied them.

• TeambossFloze

@TheBean said:
    Nah that crap is funny. I've gotten that a few times from killers when leaving the 2nd last person on the hook to die so I can grab the hatch.

I don't think killers get mad about not getting the 4k at all...well I never do..and cant speak for every single killer.I just like games to be a bit more fast paced and frenetic rather than P3 Claudette crouching walking around the map for the best part of half a century - purely so they can get a few more bloodpoints.

• TeambossFloze

@Mullato said:
    Is it that important for you to escape through the hatch and "win?" 

Just have fun man. Don't worry about winning or losing as much. Save your fellow survivors. You are a team, regardless if you think otherwise.

Agree 100%

• TheBean
    edited January 2019

@TeambossFloze said:

@TheBean said:

I don't think killers get mad about not getting the 4k at all...well I never do..and cant speak for every single killer.I just like games to be a bit more fast paced and frenetic rather than P3 Claudette crouching walking around the map for the best part of half a century - purely so they can get a few more bloodpoints.

Yee.. but 2 survivors dead... 3rd gets hooked for the 2nd time. 1 survivor is alive... Who knows where the hatch is... Why would they go for the save?

They are better off waiting out that last survivor and secure the BP with the hatch.

Give up hatch escape for a possible 1.5K unhook which usually ends up as a trade on the hook, since the killer is basically waiting for that survivor to be saved and ready to come back and get the unhooker.

So when I hear a killer complain in end game chat about the one who takes that hatch instead of going after the unhook, I only see a sweaty killer complaining they didn't get the 4K.

Cause if it didn't matter to the killer... They say GG and leave.

• TeambossFloze

@TheBean said:

So when I hear a killer complain in end game chat about the one who takes that hatch instead of going after the unhook, I only see a sweaty killer complaining they didn't get the 4K.

Cause if it didn't matter to the killer... They say GG and leave.

I totally get your point of view I just personally find it more exciting to go for the save and try and get both of you out than creeping around looking for the hatch.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, i try to be more like the op to be true. I had it often enough: only 2 left, and i am the one doing gens, and therefore getting found. The last 3-4 games i had that, i stopped doing gens and went looking for the other survivor instead. (i usually use bound, because i like to know where my teammates are.) All of them were hiding nowhere near a gen, waiting for me to do one and get caught. One of them saw me and even dropped a pallett to alarm the killer to where we are, and tried to get away then...

so basicly, i am done with playing constructivly when there are only 2 players left. Let them die on the hook (which they did to me too), let them bleed out, let the damn generators be generator unfixed.

I simply don´t care about random allys anymore, because mostly, they dont care about me.

• TheBean

@jus_Ignant said:
    Im a solo player and will regularly go for the save.
    Usually when I do that others will come save me at some point when needed.
    The few extra BPs for the hatch to let someone die doesn't do much for me.

Play how you want but don't get upset when people start recognizing you in game and leaving you to hang.

hehe... one of those weirdo threats of don't play my way then screw you. It is that style of thinking that leads those killer players to say that stuff in the first place.

As someone who may make that play in a match, I wouldn't care. I will be happy to join any ######### list for players. Those styles of players are the ones who are gonna purposely struggle out the hook phases until the final survivor gets found. Why?... Cause they get all butthurt when they think they played better then everyone else and deserve the save.

Hey I've been there, I've struggled it in the hopes that last one gets caught. But by your logic, I guess I'm supposed to take note of that last player and not save them anymore??.... wowzers. How is this a good thing? Ahhh yes... The'ol Revenge, best served cold situation... :)

I guess I'm all that and a bag of potato chips when I expect a survivor to turn up 7K for 1.5K in BP.... oh.. its ok though,... It was all in the name of "fun".

I bet then instead of the killer complaining to "the hatch taker", that they are greedy, it would be the dead survivor who struggled crying.... "Why didn't you save me? Your trash!"... LULS

I don't expect another survivor to make dumb moves in the match and get themselves killed, simply because I'm hooked.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

I think the message of get out at all costs and "assume" that the person on the hook will be saved by their SWF team mate is quite a poisonous one. Nothing annoys me more playing solo than being ignored by my team and left to die slowly, but still I struggle in the hope that one of them saves me or at least gets some gens done. I would say I am very altruistic in nature and will always try and save anyone no matter if it means depipping or not, there is only ever one particular time that I let someone die on the hook and that's if they on purposely signal me out to the killer to get me killed.

I think you should try and save everyone you can, if the killer is facecamping and your the last person then sure but if not ...help your fellow man/woman...

Exactly. 
  • jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

@TheBean said:

@jus_Ignant said:

Play how you want but don't get upset when people start recognizing you in game and leaving you to hang.

hehe... one of those weirdo threats of don't play my way then screw you. It is that style of thinking that leads those killer players to say that stuff in the first place.

As someone who may make that play in a match, I wouldn't care. I will be happy to join any ######### list for players. Those styles of players are the ones who are gonna purposely struggle out the hook phases until the final survivor gets found. Why?... Cause they get all butthurt when they think they played better then everyone else and deserve the save.

Hey I've been there, I've struggled it in the hopes that last one gets caught. But by your logic, I guess I'm supposed to take note of that last player and not save them anymore??.... wowzers. How is this a good thing? Ahhh yes... The'ol Revenge, best served cold situation... :)

I guess I'm all that and a bag of potato chips when I expect a survivor to turn up 7K for 1.5K in BP.... oh.. its ok though,... It was all in the name of "fun".

I bet then instead of the killer complaining to "the hatch taker", that they are greedy, it would be the dead survivor who struggled crying.... "Why didn't you save me? Your trash!"... LULS

I don't expect another survivor to make dumb moves in the match and get themselves killed, simply because I'm hooked.

### are you talking about...dude didn't save ANYONE after being in the game for 2 minutes with everyone 'downed'.

What you said has nothing to do with what I said.
    I don't struggle on the hook if someone else is able to get the hatch, thats stupid.
    Seems like you've done this though...how odd. hehe
    Just because I give up points doesn't mean I expect anyone else to.

All I said was I go for saves and it usually ends up with those same people saving me at some point.
    Not necessarily at the end of the game giving themselves up for me...

OP said he rarely saves anyone...at anytime. You have "fun" playing with em then...

• TheBean

@jus_Ignant said:

### are you talking about...dude didn't save ANYONE after being in the game for 2 minutes with everyone 'downed'.

I don't struggle on the hook if someone else is able to get the hatch, thats stupid.

All I said was I go for saves and it usually ends up with those same people saving me at some point.

OP said he rarely saves anyone...at anytime. You have "fun" playing with em then...

I apologize, I misread one of your lines while focusing on the last statement you made.

But yes, I've let someone die in the game while struggling it out on the hook. Most time I bail out though, just depends on where the killer is. If they stick near me, I stay in and get the extra struggle points. I get salty like everyone else, but I leave those issues in that match. If that happens to me, which it has, I don't get upset about it. That is why I now always assume the survivor wants their struggle points and hide someone "near" the hatch.

However, I don't mark them down for death the next matches. That was the line I was focusing on about seeking revenge in future matches. I try to leave it in that match and treat each match a fresh new one.

Of course their are some "special" people that you need to watch out for.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Honestly with people like you, I wish the the hatch was more of a game of skill rather than a first come first serve. You leave your survivors on the ground and sneak off to the hatch with your tail between your legs and expect them to be happy with you? Also, coming out of the locker and shaking your head could have been seen as bming. Whether you decide to help people or not is on you, but don't be surprised when that return that behavior and aren't too happy with you. Whether you like it or not, this is a team game. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see each other on the hook or on the ground. You wouldn't have a shared objective. It mentions surviving together or not most likely as a caveat. If you play selfishly, you'll likely be your team's own downfall.

• fluffybunny

@RoKrueger said:

I didn't realize stupid, cowardly behavior was intelligent.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

If it were a team game, points would be gained for the team, not individuals. If one survivor distracts the camping killer while another one unhooks, one takes the risk and the other one the points.
    Also, survival points are only based on individual survival, not the survival of team members.
    If it were a team game, how would that make sense?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I feel 0 obligation to help them.

Their fault for playing like a dumb :chuffed:

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

@TheBean said:

@jus_Ignant said:

I apologize, I misread one of your lines while focusing on the last statement you made.

But yes, I've let someone die in the game while struggling it out on the hook. Most time I bail out though, just depends on where the killer is. If they stick near me, I stay in and get the extra struggle points. I get salty like everyone else, but I leave those issues in that match. If that happens to me, which it has, I don't get upset about it. That is why I now always assume the survivor wants their struggle points and hide someone "near" the hatch.

However, I don't mark them down for death the next matches. That was the line I was focusing on about seeking revenge in future matches. I try to leave it in that match and treat each match a fresh new one.

Of course their are some "special" people that you need to watch out for.

It's all good Bean, I play to have fun and that for me is saving people.
    When I said 'Don't get upset when people leave you to hang'...I didn't say I was one of them :)

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@jus_Ignant said:

@TheBean said:

@jus_Ignant said:

I didn't say i rarely save people, i said in this one rare occasion where everyone went down. I didn't save anyone, simply because i myself did not want to die.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019

@RoKrueger said:

Why would you turn 7k into 1.5k just because someone feels entitled to a save, and call that intelligent? ######### them, its called altruism for a reason. 
  • Detective_Jonathan

@fluffybunny said:
    Honestly with people like you, I wish the the hatch was more of a game of skill rather than a first come first serve. You leave your survivors on the ground and sneak off to the hatch with your tail between your legs and expect them to be happy with you? Also, coming out of the locker and shaking your head could have been seen as bming. Whether you decide to help people or not is on you, but don't be surprised when that return that behavior and aren't too happy with you. Whether you like it or not, this is a team game. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see each other on the hook or on the ground. You wouldn't have a shared objective. It mentions surviving together or not most likely as a caveat. If you play selfishly, you'll likely be your team's own downfall.

Sounds like someone doesn't like how the situation played out. Let me get some clear to you, i already apologized to the person i let die on the hook, i told him i had no choice and i would expect that if the situation were reversed, he would do the same thing to me. So don't come telling me how i played stupid and cowardly when everyone on my team was down 3 mins into the match, who was i going to be able to save? How could i have been able to save anyone in that span of time, get someone off the hook, avoid the huntress, pick someone off the ground and then go save the other person off the hook, in that span of time the huntress could have seen me, dropped the body she was carrying and it would have been a 4k, And whether you like it or not, This isn't a team game to me, it may be a team game to you and your friends, but that isn't how i play. Deal with it.

• fluffybunny

@Detective_Jonathan said:

@fluffybunny said:

Sounds like someone doesn't like how the situation played out. Let me get some clear to you, i already apologized to the person i let die on the hook, i told him i had no choice and i would expect that if the situation were reversed, he would do the same thing to me. So don't come telling me how i played stupid and cowardly when everyone on my team was down 3 mins into the match, who was i going to be able to save? How could i have been able to save anyone in that span of time, get someone off the hook, avoid the huntress, pick someone off the ground and then go save the other person off the hook, in that span of time the huntress could have seen me, dropped the body she was carrying and it would have been a 4k, And whether you like it or not, This isn't a team game to me, it may be a team game to you and your friends, but that isn't how i play. Deal with it.

Huntress, right? You can hear her hum and hide around objects to get to the survivors downed. I've been in a similar situation and was able to get everyone up and we were able to play the game through just fine. Were they all downed in the same spot and didn't move? I can understand leaving them if that's the case. I still don't consider it much of a win when only one person gets out and I usually play solo. Many people who play SWF don't give a crap about what happens to the randoms, too. It's just only a "team" game for their friends in a call. It's annoying to come across selfish play styles (like farming the hook, running away/sandbagging and not taking a hit). I've been injured and had someone healing me when the killer came up and they blocked me running instead of getting between me and the killer so that I could make it to a pallet or run him a bit longer. They were full health. People lasting longer means more chance of a pip and more points. It's also much easier to do stuff on the map with 3/4 people than 1/2.

• fluffybunny

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    fluffybunny said:

@RoKrueger said:

Why would you turn 7k into 1.5k just because someone feels entitled to a save, and call that intelligent? [BAD WORD] them, its called altruism for a reason. 

If the killer is preoccupied with something else (like carrying someone to the basement or hooking someone else), it's a free save. At the very least, he could check the people on the ground to try to get them up. It's to prolong the game. There isn't anything about being "entitled" to a save about it.

• Detective_Jonathan

@fluffybunny said:

@fluffybunny said:

Huntress, right? You can hear her hum and hide around objects to get to the survivors downed. I've been in a similar situation and was able to get everyone up and we were able to play the game through just fine. Were they all downed in the same spot and didn't move? I can understand leaving them if that's the case. I still don't consider it much of a win when only one person gets out and I usually play solo. Many people who play SWF don't give a crap about what happens to the randoms, too. It's just only a "team" game for their friends in a call. It's annoying to come across selfish play styles (like farming the hook, running away/sandbagging and not taking a hit). I've been injured and had someone healing me when the killer came up and they blocked me running instead of getting between me and the killer so that I could make it to a pallet or run him a bit longer. They were full health. People lasting longer means more chance of a pip and more points. It's also much easier to do stuff on the map with 3/4 people than 1/2.

See how important it is to at least ask for details, they were all downed near each other and i knew for a fact The Huntress had Nurses, so even if i went for a heal, she would have seen our aura, then drop the body, and then take me and the injured person out. I could not make the effort to go for the save and then pick someone up as someone is getting hooked. Not only that, but that Huntress had some damn good aim, even if i managed to pick someone up, she could have then turned and thrown a hatchet at the person i just picked up. It was one of those decisions i had to make, am i proud of it? no. But at the end of the day i would rather live than die for strangers, And i would expect them to do the same for me.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@jus_Ignant said:

this how i am normal i love saving people but it got a lot harder.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

During this event it is highly advantageous to NOT be over altruistic or weigh the strong possibility of it ruining your chances of getting that sweet event progression. That is just the way it is during this event.

• fluffybunny

@fluffybunny said:

@fluffybunny said:

See how important it is to at least ask for details, they were all downed near each other and i knew for a fact The Huntress had Nurses, so even if i went for a heal, she would have seen our aura, then drop the body, and then take me and the injured person out. I could not make the effort to go for the save and then pick someone up as someone is getting hooked. Not only that, but that Huntress had some damn good aim, even if i managed to pick someone up, she could have then turned and thrown a hatchet at the person i just picked up. It was one of those decisions i had to make, am i proud of it? no. But at the end of the day i would rather live than die for strangers, And i would expect them to do the same for me.

You could have given that detail in the initial post. That's different then, though. It may be worth it if they were a tap or if they crawled away, but still basically game over at that point. A lot of Huntresses are really good at aim, I've found. Sometimes those kinds of things happen, though.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

@Mullato said:
    Is it that important for you to escape through the hatch and "win?" 

Just have fun man. Don't worry about winning or losing as much. Save your fellow survivors. You are a team, regardless if you think otherwise.

i need to remind myself of this.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I have no issue with survivors trying to survive, but honestly it sounds more like you were being a coward than anything else. If all 3 other survivors are down and they have half a brain, they should be crawling away from each other. Unless the killer has deerstalker then he/she will not be able to keep track of all 3. That means at least one is bound to have lost the killer and all you have to do is help that one back onto their feet.

Even strategically speaking as someone that wants to survive the trial, this is the most intelligent thing to do. Unless all 3 managed to get hooked in the basement then you should have been able to perform a low risk save of at least one survivor. So unless there are some specifics that you haven't mentioned then you weren't being a smart survivor. You were just being a coward.

• Detective_Jonathan

@Dreamnomad said:
    I have no issue with survivors trying to survive, but honestly it sounds more like you were being a coward than anything else. If all 3 other survivors are down and they have half a brain, they should be crawling away from each other. Unless the killer has deerstalker then he/she will not be able to keep track of all 3. That means at least one is bound to have lost the killer and all you have to do is help that one back onto their feet.

Even strategically speaking as someone that wants to survive the trial, this is the most intelligent thing to do. Unless all 3 managed to get hooked in the basement then you should have been able to perform a low risk save of at least one survivor. So unless there are some specifics that you haven't mentioned then you weren't being a smart survivor. You were just being a coward.

Oh well, match is over, all sense of caring about your opinion is gone.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    If I'm being honest personlaly I always run bt.
    I will save you no matter what
    I will give you a chance to survive if I can even if it's a ######### chance
    To bad I'm accused of farming all to often due to tunnel nurses etc