What Killers need to be buffed/reworked, in what order, and why?

Options

This question is asked frequently, yes. But I think it isn't addressed enough.

My order would go like this:

1: Legion. The broken cooldowns and other major things. Only reason is in this spot (even though I don't play him) is because it is much more frequently seen than #2. Franks mixtape is too overpowered for low rank play, and it severely punishes all survivors that are new and just starting out if the killer is even the slightest bit competent.

2: Freddy. His power needs to be completely reworked, and fast. Some people may excel with his kit, yet most cannot. Devs need to make it easier to play in general. I haven't really looked into his addons yes, but I will probably soon.

3: Leatherface. Ok, he isn't as broken as I probably make him out to be, and yes sometimes its just the level of skill and rank the survivors and killers are at, but his chainsaw is BROKEN. B R O K E N. I've seen people ( and done it myself) completely walk through him when he is using his power. His addons need to be tweaked a bit too.

4: Huntress. This isn't so much as huntress being reworked as it is the hatchet and survivor hit boxes. This is the killer I main, so I have a bit more insight on this. A couple of her addons are semi-useless. The Glowing one? Only useful for 360's and cross-map hits. The brown ones, aside from the haft, I find, are not very helpful. Plus, and this is coming from a purple rank killer, Iridescent Head is absolutely, RIDICULOUSLY overpowered.

Ok theres my list. Hope this makes a bit of sense

Comments

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

1) Legion needs a complete redesign. He's the definition of design desaster.

2) I disagree wholeheartedly. I'm convinced that any rework of his power will ONLY make him worse and handicap the potential he currently holds if you put time into really learning him. I'm one of those who excels with his kit and I don't think it bad that it requires some time and effort to get there. Not every Killer should be easy to play or be made easier for newbies. All he needs are some QoL updates so that not literally every game mechanic shows him the middle finger. Mainly, his lunge should prefer asleep over awake Survivors (currently it's the other way round) and healing should not override his pick-up interaction. His base range could also be increased a bit.

3) Bubba does need some love regarding his Chainsaw. It should accelerate quicker and his Chilli Add-ons should be reworked to actually do something (their current effects are not noticeable unless you have dev tools available to make measurements).

4) No opinion on that.

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77
    Options

1. I think most will agree that something has to be done. If Legion doesn't moonwalk, he is extremely easy to outplay. When he is moonwalking, there is no counterplay and it's unfun for the survivors.
    2. Please no Freddy rework, he is fine as he is. People legitimately don't know how to play him, and complain without trying to learn.
    3. Bubba is very weak right now, and something has to be done, but I don't think he needs a rework, just a buff.
    4. A rework is not needed, but some tweaks should be done.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    1. Obviously
    2. Freddy's rework is coming. Soon™
    3. Leatherface needs longer sprinting.
    (4). Doct-huntress? Huntress is one of the best balanced killers. Hit boxes could use some work. I think she's ok overall.
    4. Doctor. Shock range increase. Fix the delay between shocking a survivor and the stun, it results in some BS vaults. 
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,229
    Options
    Except legion and freddy i doubt any other killer warrants a full rework.

But i guess all killers have some points that could be buffed.
    Not counting dtuff like camera-position, wonky scratches/sounds etc that affects everyone, as were talking more about the tier list than the killer-survivor-balance

Trapper's traps:
    Colour, hitbox, setting/resetting options, carry potential, addons, effects on injured survivors. I think it'd be cool if sirvivors got their movement slowed after getting out of a trap for some time (not hindered,that be stuff for addons).

Wraith:
    Uncloaking movement speed drop, i guess

Hillbilly:
    *gets shot for adding him to a list for buffs*
    Since i consider him at what power level everyone else below him should try to be, i think maybe his addons or minor tweaks.
    Could be tested that he could do stuff except attacking (maybe attacking too) in his quite long cooldown period.
    (Chainsaw is already put away but you dtill have to wait long to do anything)

Nurse:
    Addons. Maybe apply debuffs near blink locations and double so on hits.
    She pretty balanced tho. 

Doctor:
    Slightly longer shock range and less delay.

Shape: 
    Multistalk (dimishing returns like on gens to balance it), regenerating evil.
    All his addons should have effects for each tier of EW. Threads have been aroind for years lol

Leatherface:
    His ability activation suck compared to HB, you can miss at 99% , longer charge time and more movement penalty. Aside from hiss addons i think his basic ability could have öess charge time and ms penalty.

Legion, spirit, clown hintress hag. Not actually playing those so no valid opinion.
    Although for legion and spirit i dislike the removal of some basic tracking abilities in their kits. I hope future killers dont get such weaknesses artificially crammed into their kits.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    I think the list is shorter if you ask what killers don't need buffs or changes: Nurse & Billy 
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    I think the list is shorter if you ask what killers don't need buffs or changes: Nurse & Billy 

Nurse and Billy are in need of AddOn rework. I would currently say Hag might be fine as she is. Everyone else could use some tweaks and changes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Tsulan said:

Nurse and Billy are in need of AddOn rework. I would currently say Hag might be fine as she is. Everyone else could use some tweaks and changes.

Other killers reworks are more urgent. 
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:

Other killers reworks are more urgent. 

If we would go by urgency than the list would be bigger than Nurse or Hillbilly. Myers is mostly fine, Huntress is mostly fine etc.
    Really the most urgent case right now is Legion and Freddy. Legion because they are completely broken and Freddy because a lot of things. Others are just fine, if they get some tweaks here and there.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

Would love to see some of the Pig's add-ons get a little rework personally.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

1.Legion needs a complete rework, their power is just badly designed.
    2. Leatherface is arguably the worst killer in the game.
    3. Freddy is already being reworked.
    4. Fix Huntress' hatchets' hitbox
    5. Since I play a lot of Wraith I would like to make it so he is less easy to see, or at least completely invisible from a distance, and once he comes closer he becomes easier to see

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    edited January 2019
    Options

Killers who need tweaks:
    Legion - I know I'm in a minority in thinking that Legion AT THEIR CORE is fine. The problem with Legion is a lot of numbers releating to basically everything. Deep wounds, Mending, the power's duration, cooldown, recharge rate, and movement speed, and basically all of Legion's addons need a LOT of TLC. Legion right now is simultanously the best and worst Killer in the game because of how bonkers their numbers are.
    Hillbilly - Should be 110% MS. Right now you can play Billy like a potato and still do better with him than with other Killers. His power is too good to be attached to a Killer who can W + M1 when push comes to shove.
    Clown - His 2 second 15% slow slows him down by 15% for 2 seconds when he uses it. Do I really have to spell out why this is a problem? Other than that Clown has a bunch of other bugs (apperantly his hitbox is bigger? This makes it easier for him to get stuck on map props and gets him pallet stunned from a longer distance) but at his core they need to lessen or remove the slowdown when you throw the bottle.
    Pig - Pig has a lot of specific addon-related issues. Certain addons do practically nothing (Face Mask, Razor Blades) or do so little that you're better off running nothing. (All the addons related to skill checks.) Other than that I think it's really lame that half of Pig's power is tied to RNG and Reverse Bear Traps should be more standardized. (Comes off after you do 2 boxes. Amanda's Letter lowers the amount of boxes to 1. Jigsaw's Sketch/Annotated Plan increases the number of boxes you have to do by 1.) Pig at her core is fine but I'm sick of running Last Will + Slow Release Toxin, Combat Straps John's Medical File + Video Tape, or (Container) of Gears + Jigsaw's (Piece of Paper) every game.
    Huntress - Fix Hatchet Hitboxes kthnkz.
    Spirit - Nerf Prayer Beads kthnkz.

Killers who need reworks:
    Freddy - Freddy doesn't need a rework so much as the sleeping mechanic needs a rework. It is easily the most unfun mechanic for both sides of the conflict. It's not fun to wait 7 seconds to be able to hit a Survivor and it's not fun to wait for RNG to let you play the game again. I honestly think that everything else about Freddy is fine to a degree. It's just that putting Survivors to sleep is terrible.
    Trapper - Trapper still suffers from a lot of time management issues, and is lacking in strength and map pressure when compared to Hag. Hag's 5% slower movement speed is not enough of a penalty over Trapper when considering her far more generous and plentiful traps, lack of trap "gathering" requirement, expanded mobility, lack of RNG counterplay, and other problems I layed down in my thread. His traps need a lot of tweaks and I'd really like to see a rework to how traps are gathered. Having to walk around and pick up traps worked in 2016, but it's 2019 now.
    Leatherface - The problem with Leatherface is that he isn't, well, anything. He's a default Killer with a fast pallet break. He's objectively worse than Hillbilly and only exists for his perks and to face camp. I'd love to rework Leatherface to give him a defined use when compared to other Killers but I don't know how. I do honestly think that if Billy was worse (110% MS) then LF would be better because he'd have a defined use over Hillbilly instead of being a "worse Hillbilly."
    Nurse - Nurse is a very, VERY iffy subject. I think that a Killer who essentially ignores the core mechanics of the game is not fine, no matter how high her "skill requirement" is. I think in essence she is fine but she clearly has too much pressure when compared to every other Killer.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited January 2019
    Options

Legion needs a rework.

Leatherface needs some tweaks to improve his chainsaw in some form or another.

Trapper needs help with saving time. Way too much is spent fetching traps and resetting them.

Clown needs help.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

I don't understand why LF gets so much hate. I manage to play him successfully at R1. Meaning most of the time I'm having fun with him, and not needing to camp.

Of course there are some horrendous maps for him, but I wouldn't say he's terrible. He's a dangerous guy, with carburator tuning, grease and coupling an aura reading perk with spirit fury and enduring, he's fine IMO.

I just realized that's the only feasible build I've found on him LMAO. Yes he needs some tweaks.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

I wont include Freddy as he is being reworked, nor will i include Legion as it's an obvious one, and probably a lost cause however here are some others:

Hag - Though they did a beautiful job at balancing hag, i feel a massive problem with her is the play style encouraged by her ability - hard camping and tunnelling. I'm pretty sure every hag player (including myself), will trap the hook, and as a result the hooked survivor never really gets away. It can be really frustrating and boring to play against and i don't like playing with her as though she is very strong at protecting hooks (a way i don't like to play), she is not as strong in other aspects. I think she shouldn't be allowed to trap in a certain radius of a hooked survivor, but should have more momentum and speed coming out of her teleport, as often the temporary speed penalty costs you greatly.

Trapper - again, though they tried to change him, they instead nerfed him by massively shrinking the trap hit box so it can be walked round by survivors, but not by the killer. As well as this, most of the buffs were to his addons, not to his base ability, making him utterly useless without addons, yet OP with the best ones. I still believe that traps should have a larger hitbox, and that traps by default should be darker and more should be carried at once.

As for the other killers, i believe the doctor, the pig, the clown, and especially leatherface can be a bit boring to play against, and with, yet i have no suggestions for how to change this. Myers can also be a bit weak and boring at higher ranks.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

@se05239 said:
    Legion needs a rework.

Leatherface needs some tweaks to improve his chainsaw in some form or another.

Trapper needs help with saving time. Way too much is spent fetching traps and resetting them.

Clown needs help.

As for what you said about trapper, the hitboxes are horrible too, and his base ability is too weak without addons