We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

The 2v1 situation hypocrisy is really getting on my nerves

White_Owl
White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

I'm kinda tired of it: you do gens, unhooks and everything that has to be done, but when you remain alone with another survivor, he gets downed. Then the killer, thirsty for the 4k, slugs him. And until now it's ok. But sometimes it happens that the killer keeps getting between you and the downed survivor and you can't help him without giving the killer a free 4k.
That's when the magic happens: suddenly the killer becomes a white knight defending the poor survivor from injustice. So they work together to get you killed, insult you and call you antimate. Well, that's not being a nice guy, that's being an hypocrite.
I'm playing as a survivor, not a ######### idiot that falls for the most elementary bait, and I'm trying to survive. I help if I can and it serves to increase the survival chances for me or both, that's the foundation of the game. If you don't want to make the survivor suffer on the ground just ######### hook him or get the ######### away. Don't act as if he's special, maybe he's the antimate, the one that crouched around and did nothing all the time (just like it happened in the match that made me write this). Stop being an hypocrite and judging from your high horse things you don't even know.

I'm sorry for this rant, I can already her the "git guds" and so on, but this is hands down the thing that I hate the most about this game and I really needed to vent.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Yeah the messages afterward are just messed up. I do the same tactic with the last 2, but for a different reason. I walk away to see if they are gonna be a team player or sit for the hatch. If the slug is abandoned then they can have the hatch, antimate gets all my attention. 
  • White_Owl

@Master said:
    So what?

With the current hatch design, there is no other way to slugg.

Blame the survivor community who cried loud enough such that the devs lost their balls and sticked with the jcurrent hatch mechanic

As I said I'm not against slugging. I'm against people working with the slugged survivor to get me killed.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    I don't see an issue with a Killer deciding that they want the other guy because they're not taking the bait or whatever, but if Killer and Survivor are working together to take down another Survivor, that is not cool.
  • Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334

@White_Owl
    I feel you brother. This is actually bannable but you need to have a recording.

• Dark_Whorse
    Dark_Whorse Member Posts: 45

I don't give anyone the hatch if I can help it, but I've gotten a hand finding the last survivor as a Tombstone Myers from a Dwight I cornered in exchange for his life. Probably the one time I've ever willingly given up a hatch.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Master said:
    So what?

Blame the survivor community who cried loud enough such that the devs lost their balls and sticked with the jcurrent hatch mechanic

This basically ^

The devs refuse to do anything to balance the hatch so killers are left with no other choice.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

The devs refuse to do anything to balance the hatch so killers are left with no other choice.

His point wasn't about the hatch. His complaint was that the downed survivor teamed up with the killer to get him killed, which is against the rules.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

How exactly did the killer and downed survivor team up? I'm confused.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

His point wasn't about the hatch. His complaint was that the downed survivor teamed up with the killer to get him killed, which is against the rules.

Welcome to online gaming, where human beings control online avatars.

It's scummy, but unless there is an AI mode, humans still take control. And humans are extra good at screwing over other humans.

play killer or swf if you don't want to run the risk of selfish survivors.

• fluffybunny

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

It's scummy, but unless there is an AI mode, humans still take control. And humans are extra good at screwing over other humans.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest
    It's under Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse fyi. I don't care if you like it. It's against the rules. If you don't like it, find another game to play. :)

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Kinda would like to know how a downed survivor aided the killer before I pass judgement
  • White_Owl

@scorpio said:

@lasombra1979 said:
    Kinda would like to know how a downed survivor aided the killer before I pass judgement

Simple: the killer saved him from bleeding out and they both went looking for me.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    White_Owl said:

@scorpio said:

@lasombra1979 said:

Simple: the killer saved him from bleeding out and they both went looking for me.

That is then a bannable offense. Report them and move on. 
  • Attackfrog

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest
    It's under Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse fyi. I don't care if you like it. It's against the rules. If you don't like it, find another game to play. :)

Such a nice attitude you have...

Once again, this game is played by humans. If there is an exploit, they will find it. You (and I) can't change the way people will play. I have accepted that but it sounds like you may not have yet. So until humans start all playing "nicely", perhaps you may prefer offline games?

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I don't really get it.

How did the slugged guy team up with the Killer? How is that even possible in first place?

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

So, I like playing Wraith, and since sometimes I want to be an ######### I just camp the downed survivor and look around for the other one

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    edited January 2019
    PiiFree said:

I don't really get it.

How did the slugged guy team up with the Killer? How is that even possible in first place?

Because when you're down you see your team and some people get salty and party chat with the killer to give you away when you don't die to pick them up off the ground
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@White_Owl said:

@Master said:
    So what?

As I said I'm not against slugging. I'm against people working with the slugged survivor to get me killed.

And how exactly are you supposed to tell the difference in a Survivor trying to "work together" with the Killer while slugged, and a Survivor who is simply crawling towards you without thinking of the repercussions?

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Master said:
    So what?

Do you know how hard it is to win a game with 5,4 gens and one dead?

It's called the death-efficiency problem that was pointed out with the mathematics. The hatch was created to solve that problem because it's nearly impossible to win a game with 3 people alive and 5/4 gens left to do unless The Killer is absolute trash.

The hatch was just poor execution, but survivors had every right for it to be added.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Brady said:

@Master said:
    So what?

It's called the death-efficiency problem that was pointed out with the mathematics. The hatch was created to solve that problem because it's nearly impossible to win a game with 3 people alive and 5/4 gens left to do unless The Killer is absolute trash.

The hatch was just poor execution, but survivors had every right for it to be added.

Well if the survivor ducked up that badly that several are dead before a single gen is done, then they don't deserve to escape. That'd my opinion about this 

• PiiFree

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    PiiFree said:

I don't really get it.

Because when you're down you see your team and some people get salty and party chat with the killer to give you away when you don't die to pick them up off the ground

How are you going to party chat with the Killer while they're busy looking for the 4th survivor? In my 2000 hours playtime I've not once seen that happening, so I call for made up bullshit.

• PiiFree
    edited January 2019

Brady said:

Why not implement a feature for Killers, so if they get roflstomped (5 gens done without a kill), the Killer can kill survivors by hands? Sounds fair? Let's do it!

"bUt KiLlErS dOn'T dEsErVe A 2Nd ChAnCe!"

Post edited by PiiFree on
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    weirdkid5 said:

@White_Owl said:

@Master said:
    So what?

And how exactly are you supposed to tell the difference in a Survivor trying to "work together" with the Killer while slugged, and a Survivor who is simply crawling towards you without thinking of the repercussions?

I had a survivor actively try to sell me out to the killer after I was slugged and was hiding in corn. They were found and ran to my location before doing the point emote. That is working with the killer and not simple carelessness. Backfired on him though since the killer killed them and gave me the hatch for their betrayal. 
  • fluffybunny

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

Once again, this game is played by humans. If there is an exploit, they will find it. You (and I) can't change the way people will play. I have accepted that but it sounds like you may not have yet. So until humans start all playing "nicely", perhaps you may prefer offline games?

Once again, it's against the rules. Whether they like it or not, rules are in place for a reason. You shouldn't just sit down and take blatant breaking of the rules and stuff like that sitting down. This isn't the Purge.

• fluffybunny

@PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    It happens on ps4 all the time you dumb [BAD WORD] piece of ######### there is a thing called making a party and inviting the people in game you don't [BAD WORD] know it all so quit acting like you do you're a [BAD WORD] little cry baby ######### who does nothing but cry 

Lmao did someone forget to take their medicine?

I'm playing on PS4 myself and it literally never happened that someone invited me to party chat when I slugged. They insult you, but team up? You're probably the only one doing that, looking at your way of communicating with other people. Your mother would be proud!

Oh and.... How am I crying?

I've had games where the killer and a survivor was obviously teaming together. It isn't common, but it does happen and sucks when it does. It's against the rules 'cause the survivor can often see where the survivor is, especially when downed. Killer can only occasionally do so with perks and certain situations. I was SWF with a friend and watched someone with OoO get downed and point the killer in the right direction to go and find my friend.

Sorry they cussed you out, though. It's uncalled for.

• fluffybunny

@Master said:
    Brady said:

@Master said:

So what?

Well if the survivor ducked up that badly that several are dead before a single gen is done, then they don't deserve to escape. That'd my opinion about this 

The survivors aren't a unit and individuals may do better than the bulk of the group. I agree that hatch is annoying and boring and something should be done to change that portion of end game, but leaving out any way to escape early for the last remaining survivor will just end up being a long game of hide and seek.

• Attackfrog

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

Once again, it's against the rules. Whether they like it or not, rules are in place for a reason. You shouldn't just sit down and take blatant breaking of the rules and stuff like that sitting down. This isn't the Purge.

Wow...that escalated quickly. Part of playing online games is understanding that you can't change the way someone plays. And then being able to enjoy the game despite it. If you can't do that, probably stick to offline games.

How can they monitor when a survivor helps a killer? If someone does it consistently, they can probably figure it out, but a random survivor pointing to another survivor? Lol good luck. Might as well ban for teabagging and camping.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,832

I'm having a difficult time even understanding the OP. 2 survivors left and killer slugs one. Now are you upset with the killer patrolling around the slugged survivor? Or are you mad that the killer whines in post game chat that you let the survivor bleed out and got the hatch? Cause all of these seem like non-issues to me. Just leave and ignore any comments post game. Problem fixed. The other situation isn't even an issue. If the killer wants 4 kills then that is the optimal strategy. You don't really have anything to complain about. No game rules have been broken.

• fluffybunny

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

Wow...that escalated quickly. Part of playing online games is understanding that you can't change the way someone plays. And then being able to enjoy the game despite it. If you can't do that, probably stick to offline games.

How can they monitor when a survivor helps a killer? If someone does it consistently, they can probably figure it out, but a random survivor pointing to another survivor? Lol good luck. Might as well ban for teabagging and camping.

I said the purge 'cause rules don't matter in the purge. They still do right now. That's what I'm talking about. If someone does it often, they should get reported for it. Telling people just to ignore it 'cause it 'can't be helped, oh wells, online play' isn't constructive. If they have video of the incident, that helps their case even more. Teabagging and camping isn't against the rules. False equivalence.

• fluffybunny

@Dreamnomad said:
    I'm having a difficult time even understanding the OP. 2 survivors left and killer slugs one. Now are you upset with the killer patrolling around the slugged survivor? Or are you mad that the killer whines in post game chat that you let the survivor bleed out and got the hatch? Cause all of these seem like non-issues to me. Just leave and ignore any comments post game. Problem fixed. The other situation isn't even an issue. If the killer wants 4 kills then that is the optimal strategy. You don't really have anything to complain about. No game rules have been broken.

The thing that suggests otherwise to me is that he mentioned they "worked together" to kill him, but I'm not entirely sure. I also have troubles understanding the OP.

• Attackfrog

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:
    So what?

This basically ^

I said the purge 'cause rules don't matter in the purge. They still do right now. That's what I'm talking about. If someone does it often, they should get reported for it. Telling people just to ignore it 'cause it 'can't be helped, oh wells, online play' isn't constructive. If they have video of the incident, that helps their case even more. Teabagging and camping isn't against the rules. False equivalence.

It actually is constructive. You play in a world with over 8 billions humans. Over 0.25K of those humans play dead by daylight (lol :) )

If you want to play online games, you either have to learn to cope with the people that exploit and play as unintended or else play offline games. Unless these developers learn how to ban the folks that exploit...but then good luck finding a Q with only 150 people Q'ing....

DbD just isn't big enough to properly regulate.

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    -I can't remember where I heard that, but it applies to you

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    I'll be 100% honest: I've pointed out a fellow survivor out before while slugged. Reason being, this individual constantly fast vaulted through windows around me, dropped pallets in my vicinity, purposefully failed skill checks around me, and farmed pretty much everyone on our team. Don't know what I did to piss in this guy's Cheerios, but enough was enough for me as I was slugged and bleeding out on the ground. It's not something I generally do and two wrongs don't make a right. That said I took a fair amount of pleasure watching the killer rip that prick out of a locker...
  • Attackfrog

@Khroalthemadbomber said:
    I'll be 100% honest: I've pointed out a fellow survivor out before while slugged. Reason being, this individual constantly fast vaulted through windows around me, dropped pallets in my vicinity, purposefully failed skill checks around me, and farmed pretty much everyone on our team. Don't know what I did to piss in this guy's Cheerios, but enough was enough for me as I was slugged and bleeding out on the ground. It's not something I generally do and two wrongs don't make a right. That said I took a fair amount of pleasure watching the killer rip that prick out of a locker...

Good. There is no rule that survivors must work together...one of the many unintended down sides of swf.

I feel that survivors organically working together OR turning against each other is the way this game was intended to be played.

• fluffybunny

@Attackfrog said:

Good. There is no rule that survivors must work together...one of the many unintended down sides of swf.

I feel that survivors organically working together OR turning against each other is the way this game was intended to be played.

Well, I wouldn't say turning against each other, but being selfish definitely is okay. It isn't fun when killers farm you.

• Attackfrog

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

Well, I wouldn't say turning against each other, but being selfish definitely is okay. It isn't fun when killers farm you.

Farming can be beneficial for both survivors and killers.

In a killers defense, it is VERY hard to put up that flag. When one or two survivors dc, I can try but some.survivors can't see the attempt to farm....we.can back away or nod, but it is very hard to communicate that I want to farm.

If it comes down to a survivor telling me where the other survivor is, once downed, I will take it 10/10 times (why wouldn't i?). Then, whether I k that downed survivor or not depends how many beers I had and how generous I feel.

• fluffybunny

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

Did I say killer? I meant survivors. LMAO

• fluffybunny

@Attackfrog said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Attackfrog said:

Farming can be beneficial for both survivors and killers.

In a killers defense, it is VERY hard to put up that flag. When one or two survivors dc, I can try but some.survivors can't see the attempt to farm....we.can back away or nod, but it is very hard to communicate that I want to farm.

If it comes down to a survivor telling me where the other survivor is, once downed, I will take it 10/10 times (why wouldn't i?). Then, whether I k that downed survivor or not depends how many beers I had and how generous I feel.

Yeah, I meant when survivors take you off right in front of the killer to get free points and get you out of the game fast. It can completely throw a match when a survivor decides they don't like you or your name and therefore sandbagging and farming is the "appropriate" option. Sorry, I was loading into a match and wanted to say it quickly and ended up using the wrong word.

It is a lot easier for survivors to signify wanting to farm, though. Usually as killer if I get two people, I'll hit gens and nod and sometimes they pick up on it, but a lot of times they still act super scared.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master said:
    So what?

For genrushing, blame the killer community who cried loud enough such that the devs lost their balls and made self care useless which now means everyone doesn't heal and rush gens. ;) it works both ways.

• PiiFree

@fluffybunny said:
    I've had games where the killer and a survivor was obviously teaming together. It isn't common, but it does happen and sucks when it does. It's against the rules 'cause the survivor can often see where the survivor is, especially when downed. Killer can only occasionally do so with perks and certain situations. I was SWF with a friend and watched someone with OoO get downed and point the killer in the right direction to go and find my friend.

Yes, that happens, but that's not what the other guy meant.

When I play Killer and I want to let a specific guy escape, I usually slug them and hunt the last one down. Then I hook the last guy and let the slugged guy wiggle free to get the hatch. That may look like we worked together but in reality I just thought this survivor deserved the hatch while the other guy didn't deserve it at all. I don't know them, but during the match I built up a sympathy towards one of them, maybe because they had an amusing playstyle or maybe they just tried really hard.

I do this quite often and many Survivors confuse it with "teaming up to kill the last survivor" which is not the case. I just don't want to kill a specific Suvrivor because I think they deserve the hatch :)

• fluffybunny

@PiiFree said:

@fluffybunny said:

Yes, that happens, but that's not what the other guy meant.

When I play Killer and I want to let a specific guy escape, I usually slug them and hunt the last one down. Then I hook the last guy and let the slugged guy wiggle free to get the hatch. That may look like we worked together but in reality I just thought this survivor deserved the hatch while the other guy didn't deserve it at all. I don't know them, but during the match I built up a sympathy towards one of them, maybe because they had an amusing playstyle or maybe they just tried really hard.

I do this quite often and many Survivors confuse it with "teaming up to kill the last survivor" which is not the case. I just don't want to kill a specific Suvrivor because I think they deserve the hatch :)

Did he give context on what happened? I think I asked a bit back, but I may have missed a post. I get that and I think it's perfectly reasonable to give one person the hatch over another. If they get to the point where you can choose who gets hatch, they're at your mercy, after all. I once had a killer let both me and an Ace go 'cause he found us amusing. I'll sometimes give a survivor the hatch over another 'cause they played me well or because I like their character. I get what you mean, though. Sometimes you just connect with how a person plays and what they do and feel sympathy towards one.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I don't get survivors like that. It is either you die, or both of you die. Why the ######### would you go and get them up?
    If it is 2v1 and the hatch can spawn, the person on the ground is dead. I wouldn't expect a save, and I wouldn't save vice versa.

• fluffybunny

@Chi said:
    I don't get survivors like that. It is either you die, or both of you die. Why the [BAD WORD] would you go and get them up?
    If it is 2v1 and the hatch can spawn, the person on the ground is dead. I wouldn't expect a save, and I wouldn't save vice versa.

I'll go for a save 'cause often one will be chased and the others will try to get the remaining generators. It's easier to get the doors than the hatch in some cases and I'm like Rick Astley. Never gonna give you up. :D

• PiiFree

@fluffybunny said:
    I'll go for a save 'cause often one will be chased and the others will try to get the remaining generators. It's easier to get the doors than the hatch in some cases and I'm like Rick Astley. Never gonna give you up. :D

Lmao I really appreciate your playstyle, it often helps me getting a 4k xD

• fluffybunny

@PiiFree said:

@fluffybunny said:

Lmao I really appreciate your playstyle, it often helps me getting a 4k xD

Pft, well, if I were to just camp hatch, you might as well get a 4k. I'm being useless, then. My altruistic actions are typically dependent on the scenario, but I'm quick to defend and protect other survivors. I'll block the way or gain aggro so that they may have a chance to recover and do things. I am well aware that there are many survivors who are super selfish and would avoid taking aggro, even if that means someone getting on their last hook and being short one extra person to loop or do gens. If the killer camps with gens left, I'll dedicate myself to gens in the hope to get as many people out as possible. It makes it hard with others try to go for saves and essentially farms the hooked survivor, though. But might as well try to see if you can sneak closer and get the downed survivor up. With how they changed the healing on the ground, the survivor is typically just a short tap away from getting up again.

• PiiFree

@fluffybunny said:
    Pft, well, if I were to just camp hatch, you might as well get a 4k. I'm being useless, then. My altruistic actions are typically dependent on the scenario, but I'm quick to defend and protect other survivors. I'll block the way or gain aggro so that they may have a chance to recover and do things. I am well aware that there are many survivors who are super selfish and would avoid taking aggro, even if that means someone getting on their last hook and being short one extra person to loop or do gens. If the killer camps with gens left, I'll dedicate myself to gens in the hope to get as many people out as possible. It makes it hard with others try to go for saves and essentially farms the hooked survivor, though. But might as well try to see if you can sneak closer and get the downed survivor up. With how they changed the healing on the ground, the survivor is typically just a short tap away from getting up again.

I'd say it depends on the amount of gens required for the gates to be open and what Killer you're up against.

1-2 gens? Sure worth a try. 3 gens? Against a Nurse? Nah, we'll never make it out together, in that case it's always better to make sure at least one Survivor escapes to not feed unnecessary deaths that just mislead the k/d ratio stats.

I've started to become very strict in that regard and always try to avoid handing out free kills, as those lead to match results that don't represent the actual performance. I mainly do that because the devs put so much weight on kill / escape ratios without considering cases where survivors feed kills because of pointless altruism.

• fluffybunny

@PiiFree said:

@fluffybunny said:

I'd say it depends on the amount of gens required for the gates to be open and what Killer you're up against.

1-2 gens? Sure worth a try. 3 gens? Against a Nurse? Nah, we'll never make it out together, in that case it's always better to make sure at least one Survivor escapes to not feed unnecessary deaths that just mislead the k/d ratio stats.

I've started to become very strict in that regard and always try to avoid handing out free kills, as those lead to match results that don't represent the actual performance. I mainly do that because the devs put so much weight on kill / escape ratios without considering cases where survivors feed kills because of pointless altruism.

Survivors feeding deaths is part of the k/d ratio stats, though. It isn't to mislead. If we want to talk about something misleading the stats, let's talk about matches where killers farm or survivors kill off their team by farming. Let's talk about the DS missing their DS and suiciding on the hook or DCing. Let's talk about DCs. Someone attempting to go for saves and accidentally feeding the killer kills isn't misleading; it's part of the stats and is intended to be part of it.

I will say when it's 3 gens left, it's most of the time to get as many points as you can before the last person alive can maybe get the hatch.

• PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@fluffybunny said:
    Survivors feeding deaths is part of the k/d ratio stats, though. It isn't to mislead. If we want to talk about something misleading the stats, let's talk about matches where killers farm or survivors kill off their team by farming. Let's talk about the DS missing their DS and suiciding on the hook or DCing. Let's talk about DCs. Someone attempting to go for saves and accidentally feeding the killer kills isn't misleading; it's part of the stats and is intended to be part of it.

I will say when it's 3 gens left, it's most of the time to get as many points as you can before the last person alive can maybe get the hatch.

Not exclusively, no - but feeding the 4k is still one way to mislead the stats, besides all the stuff you mentioned (and many more).

I mean, we could also say that DCing or suiciding on hook is part of the game, because that's what many Survivors do. Just like feeding kills against campers. It's part of the game but it doesn't represent actual balance of the game. It simply represents the spupidity or incompetence of the players.

The problem is that the devs use such stats to measure the balance. Which is why I try to avoid providing inaccurate / not representative match results.

It's not really selfish, it's not because I desperately need to escape. It's because I don't want to provide undeserved kills.

• fluffybunny
    edited February 2019

While I could venture and say farming and suiciding may not be against the rules (I know they do have farming in the rules, but I believe that is regards to screwing over your team), DCing is clearly against the rules. Still farming and suiciding can indicate skill or lack there of in a situation that shouldn't have happened organically. That happens out of boredom or ill will. A survivor messing up is organic gameplay, though, and therefore someone feeding the killer kills due to lack of information or an over assumption of their own skill isn't misleading to the game's stats. EDIT: @PiiFree I thought I quoted you, but guess not.