The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

It has probably already been addressed

KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
But is it bannable to chase people while crouched as pig to make sure the trap goes off? 

Comments

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

Nope.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

Nothing wrong there

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

Holy cow! That's a great idea. Kind of like blood hound on legion. Just frenzy them and follow their blood as you look at the ground ROFL. It's so . . sad, but we get a chuckle.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Her speed is only 92% while crouching though... If a survivor can't lose a Pig that uses this strategy, idk what to say.
  • KingB
    @Milord shes def slower but I dont think it's that easy to lose her. 
  • Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    KingB said:
    @Milord shes def slower but I dont think it's that easy to lose her. 
    No, I meant, she's slower than you. If you keep running you'll lose her eventually.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    It sounds like a good strategy but heavily reliant on survivors being willing to sacrifice one another. If the Dev's keep it, it could prove a good incentive for the 99% tactic instead of the usual "let them worry about it" style.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    KingB said:
    But is it bannable to chase people while crouched as pig to make sure the trap goes off? 
    No, it's not bannable but it's a scummy tactic. Even I'll use this to pressure the trapped survivor if I have enough time on my hands.
  • KingB
    @Nickenzie it's not really anymore scummy than camping. I personally wouldn't care as survivor, I would be happy to see some variation at the higher ranks. I never see pigs anymore and I've only had one RBT pop and that was when I wanted to see it.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2019

@Nickenzie said:
    KingB said:

@Nickenzie it's not really anymore scummy than camping. I personally wouldn't care as survivor, I would be happy to see some variation at the higher ranks. I never see pigs anymore and I've only had one RBT pop and that was when I wanted to see it.

I love going against a pig, her traps give the survivors another objective and it spices the game up! That's why we need Amanda to be at least a A tier killer because she is so fun to play as and against! :love:

+1

Some small changes to her could do so much. She's right on the cusp of A tier and only needs a little nudge. I just want her crouch and ambush made more viable if nothing else.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Blueberry said:

@Nickenzie said:
    KingB said:

I love going against a pig, her traps give the survivors another objective and it spices the game up! That's why we need Amanda to be at least a A tier killer because she is so fun to play as and against! :love:

+1

Some small changes to her could do so much. She's right on the cusp of A tier and only needs a little nudge. I just want her crouch and ambush made more viable if nothing else.

Try Surveillance in her! You'll be able to drop Whispers and you'll know what generator the survivor is repairing! This should help you prepare for a ambush attack on the survivor and so far, it's been a great success!
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Can we talk real quick about how sketchy that is? You're following after a survivor you're bound not to lose (especially if their helmet is on, just follow the noise) and the survivor is unable to do anything without being pulled off and their timer is still going off, despite being chased by the killer, technically. It's a scummy technique and I think the Devs should definitely look into it.

How is it scummy? I mean, yeah it is, but head pops are so funny. I hardly ever use Pig but would definitely have a fun time doing that. And it's just as funny from the survivor side, unless one considers a game a life and death matter.
  • KingB
    @EntityDispleased afaik since the pig has no TR whole crouched a chase can't initiate.