The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DBD - Toxic Environment

Forums are controlled by killer mains - deny it all you want but it is true just read the amount of buff killer nerf survivor posts.  

Players who who come here for tips or information are bombarded by toxic people who need to feel good about themselves by putting down others.

Any event - forums immediately become toxic with complaints of one side versus other side having an advantage.  I’m glad the devs ignore the forums because the negativity the playerbase gives them would make anyone quit trying.

Ques - Different by each medium used but I have only experienced PS4 and they are obnoxiously long and cause many to quit playing because they spend most time just doing a lot of nothing.

Ranking - Please remove ranks, they don’t reward players, they don’t improve the game, it only makes ques longer, make it so everyone just plays everyone.  Unskilled will be helped by skilled and collectively everyone will improve.

These are only a few of the many reasons why new people to this game are turned off because there is no solidarity from the community.  Only fractured groups each spewing their filthy toxins over each other in hopes of feeding their need for self worth.

I hope things change because this is not sustainable and eventually will whittle the playerbase down to the point the game will fade from existence.

Comments

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    It’s the internet; people will always feel like they’re right on the internet. You will encounter rude people and toxic people everywhere.

There are multiple games that have a toxic community; CSGO, COD, Overwatch, R6S, etc. However those games are still pretty relevant at the moment. (The games I’ve listed are at least longer than 2-3+ years old.)

I have to agree with the ques though. I also play on PS4 and sometimes it’ll be pretty quick (throughout the day) but during the night it takes really long. I’ve waited for like 5-10+ minutes while playing solo and it takes quite sometime. Even with a duo SWF and that’s saying something.

Rank seems pretty useless at the moment and I wish the devs did award both killers and survivors with some BPs like it doesn’t even have to be a lot. All of your points on rank is something I’d have to agree with.

We’ll probably have to see how the new match-making will do soon. Hopefully it’ll fix all of the ques issues.
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I don't think the forums are controlled by anybody if I'm being honest. Especially not killers, of anything tis the entitled survivors, along with their made up rules. For the most part however most of the people who remain active on the forums are mostly nice and understanding people, do they contribute to the odd rant post? sure, but that happens in every community, most people seem to be happy to talk about criticism or ideas, and many arguements stay pretty tame, with perhaps light name calling.

I have made a few posts myself on playstyles and add-on ideas and the such, most of which even when touching on the more sensitive topics like tunneling are greeted with good responses, at face value this forum sucks no doubt, but I assure you; if you stick around a while longer you will see alot of people who do care for the future of this game, regardless of how cinical they may be! I would name a few people who make great contributions but wouldn't want to boost any egos now would I ;)