The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What logic was there with buffing prove thyself????

ForeheadSurviors
ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
At least add a counter to it like buff thanatophobia ffs people just power through ruin like it doesn’t exist

Comments

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    What? Co oping gens is now 10% slower. With Prove Thyself the 10% penalty is removed. Nothing is any faster than it was before the change and considering it's still not a very good perk, other than for BP, most people won't carry it and thus gens will overall be slower.
    Not really that 10% penalty was there for a long time they are just now showing it.
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

In a way, Prove Thyself is a counter to Thanataphobia, and the natural nerf of having more than one person on a gen (10% debuff for each additional person beyond one - exact counter). That said, if all gens are done by 4 people, Prove Thyself creates a roughly 33 second difference in the time it takes to do 5 gens. (Only 1 gen per map allows 4 people on it. Many only allow two.)

I honestly have not seen too much of a difference, and I would say only 25% of the groups I run into are running it. Yes, the occasional try-hard SWF is all geared out with it, tool boxes, and brand new parts, but a dose of Franklins, iridescent stone, PGW, Ruin, and OC/HL tends to break up their party nicely. That's not to say they don't sometimes get the best of you, but by no means would I consider it too powerful.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Warlock_2020 said:
    In a way, Prove Thyself is a counter to Thanataphobia, and the natural nerf of having more than one person on a gen (10% debuff for each additional person beyond one - exact counter). That said, if all gens are done by 4 people, Prove Thyself creates a roughly 33 second difference in the time it takes to do 5 gens. (Only 1 gen per map allows 4 people on it. Many only allow two.)

I honestly have not seen too much of a difference, and I would say only 25% of the groups I run into are running it. Yes, the occasional try-hard SWF is all geared out with it, tool boxes, and brand new parts, but a dose of Franklins, iridescent stone, PGW, Ruin, and OC/HL tends to break up their party nicely. That's not to say they don't sometimes get the best of you, but by no means would I consider it too powerful.

Great post !

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I'm pretty sure that people using Prove Thyself use it mainly for the points. In any case, using it equals to repairing without it pre-buff since appearently the coop debuff wasn't working.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Gen speed was nerfed

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2019

There weren't enough Gen Rush complaint forums.

Need a couple thousand more since it's a killer orientated complaint.

So logically as punishment for wanting a more fair game. It get's worse.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    What? Co oping gens is now 10% slower. With Prove Thyself the 10% penalty is removed. Nothing is any faster than it was before the change and considering it's still not a very good perk, other than for BP, most people won't carry it and thus gens will overall be slower.
    Not really that 10% penalty was there for a long time they are just now showing it.
    No, it wasn't working. 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    At least add a counter to it like buff thanatophobia ffs people just power through ruin like it doesn’t exist
    Okay, I feel like you don't understand how Dead by Daylight charges work since you're calling Prove Thyself OP.

Every survivor perform actions at a rate of 1 charge per second, remember this.
    -Repairing a generator takes 80 charges to complete a generator.

Doing the math, you'll take the required charges needed to complete an action which is 80 charges for full repairing a generator and divide that by the survivor's charge speed which is 1. This means generators will take 80 seconds for a single survivor.

However, when multiple survivors work on a generator, there's a charge penalty. For every survivor repairing the same generator besides yourself, everyone will suffer a 0.1 charge penalty.

Here's the penalty: (Per second)

* Survivor     ** Survivors     *** Survivors
     1 Charge     0.9 Charge(s)   0.8 Charge(s)

**** Survivors
    0.7 Charge(s)

Therefore if there's let's say 3 survivors repairing a generator. Everyone's base charge speed is 0.8 charges per second. Since there's 3 survivors, this means everyone on the generator is contributing to 2.4 charges per second.

Prove Thyself:
    It basically gives you a 0.1 charge increase whenever you're performing a co-op repair action.

Here's the new Prove Thyself values for YOU only: (Per second)

** Survivors     *** Survivors    **** Survivors
    1 Charge(s)  0.9 Charge(s)   0.8 Charge(s)

Not much of a difference since only you get this effect and not everyone else.
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Master said:
    Logic?
    The devs acknowledged the genrush problems the depip squad showed and said that they are aware of the issue.

Their solution is to even fasten up the gen progress.
    Thats BHVR logic

Sigh...

Did you know Survivors were meant to have a 10% debuff on themselves while co-oping on a generator? And did you know that it was never working properly, so they've fixed it and also included the red "progress reduction" bar when co-oping a generator?

Oh.... and how now Prove Thyself just cancels out that 10% so you'll just have the old 2/3/4man gen times back prior to 2.5.0? And how also prior to 2.5.0 with all these changes how Leader effected those gen times? Therefore generators aren't as fast as before & I'm also sure they tweaked toolbox % increases too and decreased them a little bit. Could be wrong on that one.

I guess not because you clearly talk so much trash without even watching their recent streams...

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Dunno.Faster noed? Bhvr logic....

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I use Prove Thyself when I play survivor. I want the extra bp. Survivor bp blows so bad, I run WGLF and Prove thyself just for the bp.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Logic?
    The devs acknowledged the genrush problems the depip squad showed and said that they are aware of the issue.

Thats BHVR logic

Sigh...

Did you know Survivors were meant to have a 10% debuff on themselves while co-oping on a generator? And did you know that it was never working properly, so they've fixed it and also included the red "progress reduction" bar when co-oping a generator?

Oh.... and how now Prove Thyself just cancels out that 10% so you'll just have the old 2/3/4man gen times back prior to 2.5.0? And how also prior to 2.5.0 with all these changes how Leader effected those gen times? Therefore generators aren't as fast as before & I'm also sure they tweaked toolbox % increases too and decreased them a little bit. Could be wrong on that one.

I guess not because you clearly talk so much trash without even watching their recent streams...

It dosent just cancel out the generatir multiple survivor penalty, it adds on top of that.

Did you see how fast gens go now with prove thyself?

• RepliCant

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Logic?

Thats BHVR logic

Sigh...

It dosent just cancel out the generatir multiple survivor penalty, it adds on top of that.

Again..

Did you know that was a bug? Only one Prove Thyself can be on affect at a time.

Meaning, if 3 are equipped. you won't get 30%. You'll still get 10%. They fixed that at release.

Watch their streams man please?

• Master

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Logic?

Thats BHVR logic

Sigh...

Again..

Meaning, if 3 are equipped. you won't get 30%. You'll still get 10%. They fixed that at release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/ait1nv/new_fastest_generator_repair_possible_as_of_patch/

• OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 190

The funny thing is, if you want to gen rush, splitting up is a far more effective strategy. This is both because it saves time from traveling to generators by covering more ground simultaneously and because it splits the killer's attention. This means that Prove Thyself barely does any work in an actual gen rush. It would only really come into play for the last 1 or 2 gens, but even then it may be more strategic to work on separate gens so you don't put all your eggs in one basket and so the killer has a harder time keeping pressure.

@Nickenzie The effect actually is applied to everyone on the gen. For some reason the description on the wiki differs from the in-game description, which is "For every other Survivor working on a generator within a 4 meter range, gain 10% repair speed bonus. This same bonus is also applied to all other survivors within range. Gain 100% more Bloodpoints for coop actions. Survivors can only be affected by one Prove Thyself effect at a time."

That's why you get a buff icon when someone near you has Prove Thyself. This means that if you have 3 on a generator, each of those survivors would get a 20% bonus, bringing their repair rate up to 1 charge/s each (3 c/s total). This effectively negates the penalty for grouping up on gens.

• RepliCant

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Logic?

Thats BHVR logic

Sigh...

Again..

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/ait1nv/new_fastest_generator_repair_possible_as_of_patch/

LMAOOOOOO...........

Let's actually take this scenario and apply to a real game.

With all 4 survivors being injured and within a 32m radius (which is the standard Terror radius for the average speed Killer [115%]), committing to a generator... Not to mention the existence of: Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Huntress... Legion.... Leatherface?!? Discordance? What if they had no stacks for Stake out and there was Ruin?

And you're going to tell me you aren't able to apply ANY pressure or down ANYONE in all that time, meaning you lost 4 chases minimum, or those many survivors got off the hook and managed to hide from you and group up in 4 man..

WHILE THEY'RE ALL RUNNING THOSE USELESS 4 PERKS..... No Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst, Self Care, Leader, Iron Will... Urban? Idk man, those 4 perks with 4 survivors equipping them makes it an easy game..

Toolboxes??? Hello?? Franklins???

Like applying this to a real game... makes me feel like you're trolling this forum in general

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    It seems a lot stronger on paper. I have it level 3 along with bond level 3. All it does is remove the debuff of co-oping gens. I thought it was ridiculous too but in actuality it's pretty meh.
  • Master

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Logic?

Thats BHVR logic

Sigh...

Again..

LMAOOOOOO...........

With all 4 survivors being injured and within a 32m radius (which is the standard Terror radius for the average speed Killer [115%]), committing to a generator... Not to mention the existence of: Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Huntress... Legion.... Leatherface?!? Discordance? What if they had no stacks for Stake out and there was Ruin?

And you're going to tell me you aren't able to apply ANY pressure or down ANYONE in all that time, meaning you lost 4 chases minimum, or those many survivors got off the hook and managed to hide from you and group up in 4 man..

WHILE THEY'RE ALL RUNNING THOSE USELESS 4 PERKS..... No Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst, Self Care, Leader, Iron Will... Urban? Idk man, those 4 perks with 4 survivors equipping them makes it an easy game..

Like applying this to a real game... makes me feel like you're trolling this forum in general

Sorry that I didnt have footage without the useless perks, but I think you get the point

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:
    Logic?

Thats BHVR logic

Sigh...

Again..

LMAOOOOOO...........

I basically view him as a troll because no matter what any post is about he'll turn it into a killer vs survivor argument. Every single time.
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    edited January 2019

Leader: Provides 9% to everyone on the gen except for one person. Increases healing speed, totem cleansing speed, and gate opening speed by 25%.
    Prove Thyself: Provides 10% to one person on the gen. Doesn't speed up any other actions.

Prove Thyself: OP
    Leader: Fine

???

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Leader: Provides 9% to everyone on the gen except for one person. Increases healing speed, totem cleansing speed, and gate opening speed by 25%.
    Prove Thyself: Provides 10% to one person on the gen. Doesn't speed up any other actions.

Prove Thyself: OP
    Leader: Fine

???

They changed leader so it doesn't affect gens anymore.

Prove thyself gives each one on a gen a 10% decrease it's not a huge change and as others have said it only removes the penalty they introduced for coop actions, not worth running imo but right now it's a perk to change the usual meta setup for a while at least.