The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A guy accused me of lagswitching

Broosmeister
Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
I was playing a game as a killer and it was quite laggy, survivors teleported all over the place and everytime i took a swing the game froze for like half a second. This is just bad connection due to the poor p2p. Some guy said he had a video of me lagswitching and i called him delusional because i don't even know how to lagswitch. But what if it really looked like i was lagswitching on his screen, i mean, it was already lagging for me so who knows what those survivors had to deal with? Is it possible to get banned for lagswitching because of video "evidence" when i really wasn't?

Edit : Maybe he was just super salty and wanted to scare me a little. But maybe he is stupid enough to actually think i was lagswitching.

Comments

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Lagswitching freezes virtually everything and makes controls unresponsive allowing the killer to "teleport" and instant down full health people I highly doubt it was that bad even with video 
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

From my understanding, they can look at the data of the match to find evidence of lagswitching beyond the video evidence.

@Peanits Could you give a bit more explanation on this issue?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Just had a match where everyone had yellow ping and one survivor had red ping.
    Guess who pulled the plug and accused me after the match of lag switching.

• Broosmeister
    Tsulan said:

The Horse on Crotus Prenn Asylum?
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Broosmeister said:
    Tsulan said:

I knew the horse was up to no good!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan said:

Yeah that evil horse!
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You have nothing to fear if you didn’t lag switch.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Long as you know you didn't, just ignore him.

In fact, just ignore everything survivors say, I started this long ago, and it works wonders, happiness increase rate of at least 25% and salt for my fries has never been easier to find! I just shake my monitor when on my steam profile and BAM got a full salt shaker!

• Broosmeister

In fact, just ignore everything survivors say, I started this long ago, and it works wonders, happiness increase rate of at least 25% and salt for my fries has never been easier to find! I just shake my monitor when on my steam profile and BAM got a full salt shaker!

I play on console. Survivors are no where near as salty as the killers here.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Why people care about what others said? Just play like you like.

• Broosmeister
    Ihatelife said:

Why people care about what others said? Just play like you like.

I don't care what he says. I do care about my account though, and if it really looks like i'm lagswitching on his video then i wanted to know if i can get banned for that.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

On PS4 the survivors are as toxic and salty as can be XD (not saying anything bad about you, if you’re on XBOX then I’ve heard survivors aren’t as bad as ps4)

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

If you are accused of stuff, it means you played very well and outplayed your opponents. Good game!

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Broosmeister said:
    Swiftblade131 said:

I would be salty to. Playing survivor with a controller is way better than playing killer with controller.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited February 2019

@Broosmeister said:

He has a name you know. The next time that you see Maurice, apologize for not using his name.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@TreemanXD said:

On PS4 the survivors are as toxic and salty as can be XD (not saying anything bad about you, if you’re on XBOX then I’ve heard survivors aren’t as bad as ps4)

Most don't even bother with a message after the game due to XBL strict enforcement of comm bans. Say a bad word or something and you WILL be comm banned very swiftly if that message is reported. There are some that send salty messages but most send back a GG if I send them a GG. I've even made friends with survivors I had in my killer games and vice versa.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@Tsulan said:
    Broosmeister said:

Tsulan said:

Yeah that evil horse!

Horses are terrible people.

• Tsulan
    Acromio said:

@Tsulan said:
    Broosmeister said:

Tsulan said:

Yeah that evil horse!

Horses are terrible people.

I know. I've seen Ferdinand. They are evil!
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Broosmeister said:
    I was playing a game as a killer and it was quite laggy, survivors teleported all over the place and everytime i took a swing the game froze for like half a second. This is just bad connection due to the poor p2p. Some guy said he had a video of me lagswitching and i called him delusional because i don't even know how to lagswitch. But what if it really looked like i was lagswitching on his screen, i mean, it was already lagging for me so who knows what those survivors had to deal with? Is it possible to get banned for lagswitching because of video "evidence" when i really wasn't?

Edit : Maybe he was just super salty and wanted to scare me a little. But maybe he is stupid enough to actually think i was lagswitching.

Dont worry, during my active time of playing DBD, there didnt pass a single week where I wasnt accused of laggswitching.