The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Agree or Disagree?

RepliCant
RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I rather play the Hallowed Blight event lol

Comments

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

yes

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

@CJsDBD said:
    In that event, survivors just got the flowers and DIDNT DO GENS! JUST DIED ON PURPOSE TO GET MORE FLOWERS! In this event, YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO DO THE EVENT. Just DO THE GENS and get points?? So how is this event worse?? You just play regular...and get extra cosmetics... if you want, you get to glow and get extra progression to the cosmetics..by doing what you should be trying to do anyway: escaping. As killer, you get points for doing what you should be doing anyway...hooking people...and if you want, you can also smash some things...in my opinion, this is the best event I've experienced. In the summer event, you had to complete specific generators, which were checked more often, which sucked. In this event, it encourages proper gameplay and allows dedicated players to complete an extra objective that doesn't take away from normal gameplay except for the few seconds it takes to grab a lantern or smash a lantern

If you had an empty vial you could get over 12k-ish blood points from just the flowers though, it was a HEAVY incentive, not to mention there were double the amount of skins in that event. The quality of those skins were also significantly better. To which, i kind of understand because its Halloween time and there needs to be crazy bonuses in a game like this around Halloween time, so im not too critical about the Moonrise event. Its a small event, and i understand this. We are still spoiled from the Hallowed Blight event and 2x BP / Giftboxes event from Winter Solstice.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@CJsDBD said:
    In that event, survivors just got the flowers and DIDNT DO GENS! JUST DIED ON PURPOSE TO GET MORE FLOWERS! In this event, YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO DO THE EVENT. Just DO THE GENS and get points?? So how is this event worse?? You just play regular...and get extra cosmetics... if you want, you get to glow and get extra progression to the cosmetics..by doing what you should be trying to do anyway: escaping. As killer, you get points for doing what you should be doing anyway...hooking people...and if you want, you can also smash some things...in my opinion, this is the best event I've experienced. In the summer event, you had to complete specific generators, which were checked more often, which sucked. In this event, it encourages proper gameplay and allows dedicated players to complete an extra objective that doesn't take away from normal gameplay except for the few seconds it takes to grab a lantern or smash a lantern

You make good points, however I just don't feel the same as you do.

I am a solo Q, so perhaps this event wouldn't be so bad if I was in SWF. I currently feel like this is a greedy, cruel, 1v1v1v1v1 game right now. I know this is intended, but it feels like in a way where I feel really forced against everyone.

I want points, so of course I'm gonna do things like Smash the lanterns or be greedy and don't even bother saving anyone just focusing on escaping but like..

I want other people to get the cosmetics and earn them too. Destroying their main source just feels meh to me.

I want other people to get the laturns and get their outfits because the event is also kinda really grindy

Just not my taste. The atmosphere feels extremely forced upon. It was a cool attempt tho?

• CJsDBD
    CJsDBD Member Posts: 85

If you had an empty vial you could get over 12k-ish blood points from just the flowers though, it was a HEAVY incentive, not to mention there were double the amount of skins in that event. The quality of those skins were also significantly better. To which, i kind of understand because its Halloween time and there needs to be crazy bonuses in a game like this around Halloween time, so im not too critical about the Moonrise event. Its a small event, and i understand this. We are still spoiled from the Hallowed Blight event and 2x BP / Giftboxes event from Winter Solstice.

I agree with these points. There is only one offering per P3 l50 bloodweb so you barely ever get the extra BP, when for Halloween you could use an offering almost every match. And the special giftboxes were pretty awesome for the solstice. I also don't particularly think the skins are that great. However, I was so happy to hear that they finally formulated an event that promotes good gameplay! So event mechanic-wise I'm excited about the event! Rewards-wise...just glad for some free skins for just playing the game I would be playing regardless

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Running solo survivor, I wholeheartedly agree. Hallowed Blight may have been warm garbage, but Moonrise is a flaming dumpster fire.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    CJsDBD said:

I agree with these points. There is only one offering per P3 l50 bloodweb so you barely ever get the extra BP, when for Halloween you could use an offering almost every match. And the special giftboxes were pretty awesome for the solstice. I also don't particularly think the skins are that great. However, I was so happy to hear that they finally formulated an event that promotes good gameplay! So event mechanic-wise I'm excited about the event! Rewards-wise...just glad for some free skins for just playing the game I would be playing regardless

I 100% agree with you! The only complaint I have is the envelope spawn in the bloodweb... people keep crying how 1 sided it is with the way killers score but honestly like you stated players can do normal game play and succeed with this event its so good with the option of going after the lanterns as well... it's such a good feeling 
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@CJsDBD said:
    However, I was so happy to hear that they finally formulated an event that promotes good gameplay!

I dont consider "Coward around endgame/1 generator left because I have a vessel, so I dont lose it", "I will save them from the hook as soon as possible so the Killer cant get that one vessel" or "Screw that guy, his vessel is mine now" promoting good gameplay though. Its promoting all the issues the game has in terms of balance because of generator completion times and heavily rewarding scummy playstyles.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Not much difference between the two as survivor. Blight event required moving around the map to gather the full benefit, but suffered cause escaped wasn't a requirement. This event improved on that with escape being necessary,  but falls a little short in regards to occupying survivors with a secondary objective. Overall I'd say this event is better simply by keeping event progress in line with core game play.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Point system in this event is better. You can get every cosmetic by grinding.

Bloodpoints and offering distribution was better in Hallowed blight event.

All in all, as a solo survivor, I think hallowed blight was better than this.

• CJsDBD
    CJsDBD Member Posts: 85

@PigNRun said:

@CJsDBD said:
    However, I was so happy to hear that they finally formulated an event that promotes good gameplay!

I dont consider "Coward around endgame/1 generator left because I have a vessel, so I dont lose it", "I will save them from the hook as soon as possible so the Killer cant get that one vessel" or "Screw that guy, his vessel is mine now" promoting good gameplay though. Its promoting all the issues the game has in terms of balance because of generator completion times and heavily rewarding scummy playstyles.

Some people might think those things, but most people know that it's much easier to survive when your teammates are alive! More teammates alive is always better, so if survivors are doing those things, it probably means they always do dumb ######### like that and probably don't survive all that much. The event doesn't eliminate stupid people but no event ever will!

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Agreed, at least I could get a lot of points

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited January 2019

@DemonDaddy said:
    Not much difference between the two as survivor. Blight event required moving around the map to gather the full benefit, but suffered cause escaped wasn't a requirement. This event improved on that with escape being necessary,  but falls a little short in regards to occupying survivors with a secondary objective. Overall I'd say this event is better simply by keeping event progress in line with core game play.

There is a difference my dear in bloodpoints.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    @Ihatelife
    My impression is more focused on the aspect of play, scoring points is just an afterthought when compared to what I need to do on order to achieve them. Bp is completely dependent on performance, so having poorly implemented objectives hurts far more than the lack of bonus points.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Delfador said:

I agree with this.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Only thing i disliked about Hallowed Blight was the lop sided incentives creating an agonizingly long killer queue time and the fact that once you got all the vials as survivor you could no longer participate in the event and earn bonus bloodpoints. Additional bonus BP was contingent on survivors needing more vials whereas with killer even if you maxed out your vials you could still get bonus points by using the cancerous hooks.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Brady said:
    I rather play the Hallowed Blight event lol

While this event isnt great, hallowed bligth definitely was worse

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Two worst things about this event? Dismal bonus BP and one offering per bloodweb. It punishes DBD veterans.

Best things? Can earn all the cosmetics and the menu music.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Agreed not a fan of Hallowed Blight but earned more Bloodpoints and the cosmetics were better. Since the cosmetics are not exclusive and can be bought who cares anyway really?

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Halloween Event gameplay was worse. Halloween Event rewards and point distribution was better.
    Would rather go back to Summer BBQ / 2018 LNY event structure. (Do Event Gens / Event Hooks for points)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Hallowed Blight had cosmetics for the Wraith, so yeah, i guess i would rather.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@CJsDBD said:

yea this event is ######### awesome. i like 5-7min games. this event just put gen rush to another level. there's no helping among survivors there's just gen rush and bye. And not to mention how shafted killers got. it's impossible to get 45 points as a killer but as a survivor mostly 2 or 3 survivors get 45 points almoust every game. I would say i'm surprised how they ######### killers but i'm really not cuz it's in BHVR's dna to ######### the killers. They need to buff killers points or there will be like 7 killers playing this stupid event.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Hallowed blight was more fun both for survivors and killers

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Delfador said:

And Hallowed Blight's skins were much better

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

This event is fine. Stop crying.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Agree. Very much so. Even the skins were so much better.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2019

Just play like normal and you will finish the event. Why people think its a grind when they don't have all cosmetics in the first 2 days is beyond me.

Post edited by CronaWins on
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I prefer hallowed blight though I didn't get to grind enough for the cosmetics this event has a ton of dcs just to spite the other side.