The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"Reports do nothing". I just discovered why.

Will remove the picture if it breaks any of the community's rules: offensive language in picture. This is just a small portion of the entire conversation. Needless to say: absolutely appaling behaviour. Reported the player but wanted to add a screencap to the report aswell (this is apparently needed in most cases). Did not realize how messy of a process it is! Apart from filling out necessary details, I needed to:

1. manually write down the 30-digit long ID from the game (copying from within the game was not possible)
  2. find the Steam ID of the player (this is not readily available information)
  3. find the Steam ID of myself (also not readily available)
  4. Validate my ticket via e-mail
  5. Create an account

Holy moly, I thought the report system was going to be a breeze, but boy was I wrong. Maybe this is explains why he/she feels "reports do nothing". Please make the reporting system easier (or add in-game support for screen-grabs)!

Comments

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794

@Master said:
    Just fyi.
    Some guy speedhacked twice against me in 2017, so I recoreded and send the footage to the support.

I added him and he just didnt get banned.
    Since that case I never bothered with recording again :wink:

Wow... I thought they had zero tolerance for hacking the game. Maybe I'm too naive :-)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited January 2019

@kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.
    Some guy speedhacked twice against me in 2017, so I recoreded and send the footage to the support.

Wow... I thought they had zero tolerance for hacking the game. Maybe I'm too naive :-)

Just look at certain streamers and you will learn sth abou the tolerance of BHVR

They even promote streamers that use forbidden 3rd party software

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Well, you can always just ignore whatever someone tells you over a videogame chat.

Chances are, that person leads such a sorry ass life that trash talking in a game is the only way to get attention. Don't give it to him.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@fcc2014 said:

@Master said:

@kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

Just look at certain streamers and you will learn sth abou the tolerance of BHVR

and derank for "improved lobby times" but hey fog streamers right?

Deranking is not a bannable offense, DCing however is and using 3rd party software SHOULD lead to an instant perma bann

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Master said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Master said:

@kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

Deranking is not a bannable offense, DCing however is and using 3rd party software SHOULD lead to an instant perma bann

DCing to Derank should but it leads to more promotion.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Ok... this'll be easy.

1. Yes, you do have to manually type it, however save it in a file for later user

2. Very readily available information.

Click their profile

copy and paste their link

Use it on this website - https://steamid.io/

You want the Steam ID64 Number

1. Same as above

2. While this may be true, for end game chat violations you don't need to do any of the above, making a report will send the chat log to the Moderation Team.

trust me when I say this - reporting works.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

Its not zero tolerance its zero cares someone could hack the game make myers completely naked to reveal his monster schlong while chasing you 
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Fenrir said:
    kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

Its not zero tolerance its zero cares someone could hack the game make myers completely naked to reveal his monster schlong while chasing you 
    Don’t give us ideas man, we already want Shirtless Myers bad enough.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Master said:

@kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

By 3rd party software you mean mlga ?
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited February 2019

I would just quit.

That kind of language IS visible by developers and there is no reason for it.

It's 2019. Any online game developer that allows that garbage is living in 2001.

What? They can't even create a chat filter that turns that word into something else?.gimme a break..LITERALLY EVERY OTHER GAME DOES IT....And they do it on their forums! But they can't seem to crack the code that does it in game....lo!

I don't have time or energy for this garbage and neither should any player with half a brain.

Just quit. Too many other good online games out there that don't allow this Neanderthal garbage.

• kamisen

@SenzuDuck said:
    Ok... this'll be easy.
    Yes, you do have to manually type it, however save it in a file for later user
    Very readily available information.
    Click their profile

3. Same as above
    4. While this may be true, for end game chat violations you don't need to do any of the above, making a report will send the chat log to the Moderation Team.

Thanks for your reply. The link that was supposed to retrieve the Steam ID did not find the profiles for me. I had to enable URLs in Steam and retrieve the IDs from the URL-addresses. I feel the ticket system is messy nonetheless, as the information from in-game easily could be exported to the ticket system. I shouldn't need to store my DBD-ID in a document on my computer to save time.

It's great that I don't need a picture when reporting in-game chat offenses and that reporting works - makes me happy. Will I get feedback on the report either way?

• Seanzu
    kamisen said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Ok... this'll be easy.
    Click their profile

3. Same as above
    4. While this may be true, for end game chat violations you don't need to do any of the above, making a report will send the chat log to the Moderation Team.

Thanks for your reply. The link that was supposed to retrieve the Steam ID did not find the profiles for me. I had to enable URLs in Steam and retrieve the IDs from the URL-addresses. I feel the ticket system is messy nonetheless, as the information from in-game easily could be exported to the ticket system. I shouldn't need to store my DBD-ID in a document on my computer to save time.

It's great that I don't need a picture when reporting in-game chat offenses and that reporting works - makes me happy. Will I get feedback on the report either way?

You will not recieve feedback on an in-game report.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    kamisen said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Ok... this'll be easy.
    Click their profile

3. Same as above

Nope, you just have to trust that it got handled. 
    I reported someone ingame and externally, because he wished me that my house burns down with my family inside.
    Added him, got a email from bhvr that they took care of it.
    Checked his profile: playing DbD. 
    Pretty good job. 
  • kamisen

@Peanits said:
    To clarify a few things:

1) You do not need to create a support ticket for chat abuse. Reporting the player in-game will save the chat log and all the info we need. Support tickets are only for adding additional information to your in-game report, like if you have a video of someone abusing an exploit or griefing.

2) The reason why we ask for the Steam 64 ID (for PC reports) is to make sure we are able to deal with your report. Steam allows you to have a vanity URL which can be changed at any time. If you give us a vanity URL and they change their URL between when you reported them and when we review the report, we're going to have to contact you and ask you to find the profile for us. It's way easier to get the right ID in the first place. As SenzuDuck mentioned, it's pretty quick and easy to find.

As long as you reported that in-game, you're all good. That's all you need.

Thank you for your reply!

1) It's great that I don't need a support ticket for chat abuse (will update post on this). Will you also give me some kind of feedback on my report if I don't?

2) I definitely understand why you need the entire ID - What I don't understand is why this information is not exported from within the game. Or solved by giving me a report-ID to use to refer to. My point is that the process is unnecessarily complicated.

• Seanzu
    Tsulan said:
    kamisen said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Ok... this'll be easy.
    Click their profile

3. Same as above

I reported someone ingame and externally, because he wished me that my house burns down with my family inside.
    Pretty good job. 
    Because temporary bans don’t show on profiles, and you can still load the game up even if you’re banned.
  • kamisen

@Attackfrog said:
    I would just quit.

It's 2019. Any online game developer that allows that garbage is living in 2001.

What? They can't even create a chat filter that turns that word into something else?.gimme a break..LITERALLY EVERY OTHER GAME DOES IT....And they do it on their forums! But they can't seem to crack the code that does it in game....lo!

I don't have time or energy for this garbage and neither should any player with half a brain.

Just quit. Too many other good online games out there that don't allow this Neanderthal garbage.

I fully agree that a profanity filter is past due. But I'm not gonna abandon this little gem of a game anyways. I'm hoping that the player base will grow with time. :-)

• Seanzu
    Master said:

@kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

By 3rd party software you mean mlga ?
    I wouldn’t bother listening to him, the only thing he’s the master of is making things up, he is talking about MLGA. It isn’t forbidden in anyway shape or form it just isn’t whitelisted anymore.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited February 2019

It's even worse if you want to report a cheater.

You need to:

• record them cheating
    • record how you check their steam profile (for steam ID)
    • minimize dead by daylight without leaving the endgame lobby
    • edit the video to point out the specific situations
    • create an account on a video platform
    • upload it on said video platform
    • go back to the ingame and report the player
    • add the link of the video you just uploaded

I've done this 2 times so far, months if not years ago and I still got the steam profile of these guys saved and they are still not banned to this day.

This is an example of blatant lagswitch and speedhack from 8 months ago and they're still playing.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

I always do occasional stalk on people that I have reported. Only people that have recieved ban from any sort of reason has been the achievement hackers.

• Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@PiiFree said:
    It's even worse if you want to report a cheater.

You need to:

• record them cheating
    • record how you check their steam profile (for steam ID)
    • minimize dead by daylight without leaving the endgame lobby
    • edit the video to point out the specific situations
    • create an account on a video platform
    • upload it on said video platform
    • go back to the ingame and report the player
    • add the link of the video you just uploaded

I've done this 2 times so far, months if not years ago and I still got the steam profile of these guys saved and they are still not banned to this day.

This is an example of blatant lagswitch and speedhack from 8 months ago and they're still playing.

It's very easy to see why no one was banned during this, when you opened the steam profile of the user you simply showed a vanity URL which can be changed at any time to anything and there is no way to see the previous owner of the vanity URL. also not to mention the 420P stream makes the link unreadable regardless of whether it was their STEAMID or VANITY URL.

Secondly, your entire comment is grossly misleading, if you report in game, and submit the twitch clip as evidence it AND showed the correct ID you'd have been fine.

The reason no one was banned was simple mistakes by yourself, not the moderation team.

8 Months ago they were using a simple form to report cheaters, there was no need to stay in the end game lobby passed reporting them with the THUMBS UP/DOWN Option and grabbing their vanity URL to post on https://steamid.io/lookup.

You can't simply report someone and expect them to be banned without evidence, just last week I reported two people and both were banned within a day.

• PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:
    It's very easy to see why no one was banned during this, when you opened the steam profile of the user you simply showed a vanity URL which can be changed at any time to anything and there is no way to see the previous owner of the vanity URL. also not to mention the 420P stream makes the link unreadable regardless of whether it was their STEAMID or VANITY URL.

You realize that their profile ID can't be changed? It's not their customized profile URL, it was their steam profile number. On top of that, I reported them ingame (where they get the players ID) and via the support formular where I obviously added the steamID64, as they explicitly ask for that. So I (once again) ask you kindly to stop making up stuff you don't know.

@SenzuDuck said:
    Secondly, your entire comment is grossly misleading, if you report in game, and submit the twitch clip as evidence it AND showed the correct ID you'd have been fine.

The reason no one was banned was simple mistakes by yourself, not the moderation team.

8 Months ago they were using a simple form to report cheaters, there was no need to stay in the end game lobby passed reporting them with the THUMBS UP/DOWN Option and grabbing their vanity URL to post on https://steamid.io/lookup.

Again, this ID is enough to track them down. You can type in that profile number and it'll lead you to the exact profile of that player, you can even track down the name history and find the name they used in this video. There is no excuse for that, I provided a steamID64, a bullet proof video, reported them both directly ingame and via web formular with the link to the video attached in both of them.

I don't know what else is required, it's already sad enough that WE need to provide all those informations to them because they refuse to backup.

Seriously, this statement right now is triggering me

@SenzuDuck said:
    You can't simply report someone and expect them to be banned without evidence, just last week I reported two people and both were banned within a day.

WITHOUT EVIDENCE? Look at the goddamn video and stop licking their butthole. I did exactly what they asked for.

• Seanzu

@PiiFree said:

@SenzuDuck said:

You realize that their profile ID can't be changed? It's not their customized profile ID, it was their steam profile number. On top of that, I reported them via the support formular where I obviously added the steamID64, as they explicitly ask for that. So I (once again) ask you kindly to stop making up stuff you don't know.

@SenzuDuck said:

Again, this ID is enough to track them down. You can type in that profile number and it'll lead you to the exact profile of that player, you can even track down the name history and find the name they used in this video. There is no excuse for that, I provided a steamID64, a bullet proof video, reported them both directly ingame and via web formular with the link to the video attached in both of them.

I don't know what else is required, it's already sad enough that WE need to provide all those informations to them because they refuse to backup.

Seriously, this statement right now is triggering me

@SenzuDuck said:

WITHOUT EVIDENCE? Look at the goddamn video and stop licking their butthole. I did exactly what they asked for.

~~~

so your entire comment is a lie then.

Your steps include

record them cheating
    record how you check their steam profile (for steam ID)
    minimize dead by daylight without leaving the endgame lobby
    edit the video to point out the specific situations
    create an account on a video platform
    upload it on said video platform
    go back to the ingame and report the player
    add the link of the video you just uploaded

But you forget to mention the very useful form you apparently used to report them, you forgot to mention that is where you post the video evidence and not in the end game report form you make up this lie about having to create an account and upload it and keep DBD in the same lobby until the upload and link is pasted... but somehow conveniently forgot that you didn't need to do any of that except post it in the form?

I mean if you gotta keep changing how you reported them between comments I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't report them at all.

• PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:
    ~~~

so your entire comment is a lie then.

Your steps include

record them cheating
    record how you check their steam profile (for steam ID)
    minimize dead by daylight without leaving the endgame lobby
    edit the video to point out the specific situations
    create an account on a video platform
    upload it on said video platform
    go back to the ingame and report the player
    add the link of the video you just uploaded

But you forget to mention the very useful form you apparently used to report them, you forgot to mention that is where you post the video evidence and not in the end game report form you make up this lie about having to create an account and upload it and keep DBD in the same lobby until the upload and link is pasted... but somehow conveniently forgot that you didn't need to do any of that except post it in the form?

I mean if you gotta keep changing how you reported them between comments I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't report them at all.

It's not a lie, it's just how you report ingame. You're just once again trying to white knight their incompetence and (as usually) hating on me because I called you out a few days ago, "big" boy.

Assuming that I just reported them ingame with said video, they'd have the following informations at hand, directly connected to the report:

The reported players steamID & DbD identity
    The match ID
    Video proof of me playing IN THAT SAME MATCH against the hacker AND showing their steam profile by directly clicking on it AFTER said match.

And while I can certainly understand that you try to call me out as lier, my point still stands. The only step you can skip is that you don't actually have to report ingame but instead, have to fill out the formular which is btw a lot more time consuming than just directly reporting the player ingame with a video proof. (which I did both to make SURE they get banned, but STILL was not enough)

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:
    Tsulan said:
    kamisen said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Ok... this'll be easy.
    Click their profile

3. Same as above

Pretty good job. 
    Because temporary bans don’t show on profiles, and you can still load the game up even if you’re banned.
    I also like to start the game and look at the start screen for hours...
    /s
  • Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Tsulan said:

kamisen said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Ok... this'll be easy.

Click their profile

1. Same as above

2. While this may be true, for end game chat violations you don't need to do any of the above, making a report will send the chat log to the Moderation Team.

Pretty good job. 

/s

You were looking at their profiles for hours at a time? That's pretty sad.

Maybe you should spend more time learning the mechanics of the game instead of stalking profiles?

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Tsulan said:

kamisen said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Ok... this'll be easy.

Click their profile

1. Same as above

Pretty good job. 

/s

Maybe you should spend more time learning the mechanics of the game instead of stalking profiles?

Nah, I don't stalk other people's profiles for hours.
    How about you?
    Isn't it boring to always search for my comments and take every opportunity to belittle me?
    Don't you have other things to do? Like matching up with low rank viewers to bully noob killers?
  • Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

Tsulan said:

kamisen said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Ok... this'll be easy.

Click their profile

* Same as above

• While this may be true, for end game chat violations you don't need to do any of the above, making a report will send the chat log to the Moderation Team.

Pretty good job. 

/s

Nah, I don't stalk other people's profiles for hours.
      How about you?
      Isn't it boring to always search for my comments and take every opportunity to belittle me?
      Don't you have other things to do? Like matching up with low rank viewers to bully noob killers?

You're not that special Tsulan, I see a comment in a thread I'm already active in and you think I'm checking up on you? Give it a rest, my comment was in here it's expected that I'm checking the thread out.

Also, I like how I'm the one belittling you when all I did was give you reasons why they might still be on the game but YOU replied with the sarcastic comment, always making yourself the victim I see.

It's so cute how you always take things out of context to skew them towards some odd narrative you've created for yourself.

Like the fact I said "I'll play with anyone" and you take that and twist it as "He only plays with low ranks to bully people". Fact of the matter is I do play with low ranks if they want to join me, it's not my fault people actually like to play DBD with me, we usually end up getting killers that are higher ranks than them anyway so it's not really an issue unless Tsulan wants it to be an issue, I also very rarely play SWF anymore and usually play solo, guess what... still rank one and didn't depip without a team.

Enjoy twisting everything people say to make you seem in the right kiddo.

Post edited by Seanzu on
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Judgement said:
    Fenrir said:
    kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

Don’t give us ideas man, we already want Shirtless Myers bad enough.
    Thats why im saying it
  • kamisen
    edited February 2019
    SenzuDuck said:

Do in-game temporary bans really show up on steam? Your pictures really don't prove anything. It's just two banned person could be any game and any reason for it. Another thing I would like to know is, if we do not get any feedback on in game reports, how can you be so sure that they work properly?
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Master said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Master said:

@kamisen said:

@Master said:
    Just fyi.

DC and deranking on purpose is frowned upon by the majority of the community and bhvr made a streamer a fog whisperer... the community is supposed to look at fog whisperers as players that represent how the community should be and how the game is supposed to be played.... now yes a player can play how they want etc..... but fog whisperers are sort of a community figure that young players look at and say "oh this is allowed in the game" an example is ochido showing exploits and such to many other players that end up exploiting as well... so if you have other popular streamers that are fog whisperers being rank 1 one day and the rank 10 the next (not when rank reset happens) what does that tell the community? 
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@kamisen said:

@Attackfrog said:
    I would just quit.

I fully agree that a profanity filter is past due. But I'm not gonna abandon this little gem of a game anyways. I'm hoping that the player base will grow with time. :-)

It's not even just the profanity, it's the namecalling and other types of harassment that go on post game. It's just bonkers. I don't know why it is so bad in this game (versus others I play).

While I really do enjoy this game, eventually, the harassment and negative player base takes its toll and removes the fun. When that happens, I play (and spend money on) other games.

• pat_rukia
    pat_rukia Member Posts: 3

he says however true, the tickets are useless !!!
    I bring all the evidence of a gambling prize by the killer who bobyblock against a wall and a generator the survivors the answer to my request was that there was no element to go further.
    Why is the report not used? It is a mistake to take part of a hostage. But nothing will be done against the person I am extremely disappointed
    A guy blocks me for 1 hour in a game with one of my friend.
    During this hour, my friend and I take
    several video, take screenshoot, link Id steam, we open a ticket, ... and this is not enough. No sanctions, no ban, nothing?
    I play dead by daylight since Juin 2016, I have all the dlc, I play suvivor and killer main, I play legit, I refuse tunnel / camping / trashtalk and the day when a guy allows me to rot my pleasure to play, nothing is done against?
    I do not understand.

• kamisen

This happened today.

• kamisen

@Attackfrog said:
    It's not even just the profanity, it's the namecalling and other types of harassment that go on post game. It's just bonkers. I don't know why it is so bad in this game (versus others I play).

While I really do enjoy this game, eventually, the harassment and negative player base takes its toll and removes the fun. When that happens, I play (and spend money on) other games.

Oh yes. I totally understand what you mean. So far, for me, the fun outwheighs the bad.

One hypothesis regarding the toxic player base is that the community seem to deem the behaviour as part of the game. I've seen several threads where OP is deemed "salty" and needs to "toughen up" when trying to bring the subject to the table. Needless to say, OP is rarely the problem.

• kamisen

One more. I'm blue as always.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    kamisen said:

@Peanits said:
    To clarify a few things:

1) You do not need to create a support ticket for chat abuse. Reporting the player in-game will save the chat log and all the info we need. Support tickets are only for adding additional information to your in-game report, like if you have a video of someone abusing an exploit or griefing.

2) The reason why we ask for the Steam 64 ID (for PC reports) is to make sure we are able to deal with your report. Steam allows you to have a vanity URL which can be changed at any time. If you give us a vanity URL and they change their URL between when you reported them and when we review the report, we're going to have to contact you and ask you to find the profile for us. It's way easier to get the right ID in the first place. As SenzuDuck mentioned, it's pretty quick and easy to find.

1) It's great that I don't need a support ticket for chat abuse (will update post on this). Will you also give me some kind of feedback on my report if I don't?

2) I definitely understand why you need the entire ID - What I don't understand is why this information is not exported from within the game. Or solved by giving me a report-ID to use to refer to. My point is that the process is unnecessarily complicated.

We would love to have some feedback for in-game reports (something that tells you, "Hey, one of the people you reported got punished, thank you for reporting them!") but bigger issues take priority over small QOL changes like that. Hopefully one day that will be possible.

The IDs are actually saved within the in-game report, the reason why we request them when adding information to a report is so we can find the in-game report that you're trying to add information to. That allows us to search for any reports made by you against a particular person and review the report with the new information provided and the other details that are saved through the in-game report.

Short version, it's so we can find the report you're trying to add information to.
  • kamisen
    edited February 2019

@Peanits said:
    kamisen said:

@Peanits said:

To clarify a few things:

We would love to have some feedback for in-game reports (something that tells you, "Hey, one of the people you reported got punished, thank you for reporting them!") but bigger issues take priority over small QOL changes like that. Hopefully one day that will be possible.

The IDs are actually saved within the in-game report, the reason why we request them when adding information to a report is so we can find the in-game report that you're trying to add information to. That allows us to search for any reports made by you against a particular person and review the report with the new information provided and the other details that are saved through the in-game report.

Short version, it's so we can find the report you're trying to add information to.

Thanks for your reply!

I understand that the dev prioritizes other things - they have to. And I understand that the fanbase is demanding. However, could you agree that there is a problem with toxicity amongst players? Maybe consider giving the ticket system a little boost in the priorities list? I have no idea what happens with the players I have reported, and it does not sit well with me that someone can call me a c***n***** and possibly get away with it.

I also fully understand the mechanics behind the ticket system - I've worked with Zendesk previously and understand there can be compatibility issues. If I understand you correctly, you cross-reference the information provided by the manually created ticket with the one created in-game. You are essentially making me do redundant work.

Here's a suggestion: Display the in-game report ID so that I can make a reference to that instead. This would not be a complex thing to do code-wise. You could put it in the next patch.

***Edited a bad word****

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Master said:

Just fyi.

Speed hacking (If that’s what it was but I doubt it TBH) is banable blah blah blah blah blah