The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Interesting Few Games

Hey folks!

I hope everyone is having fun during the Chinese New Year event! I think the devs did a really great job in terms of the event's design and aesthetics. Plus, the outfits look amazing. I've noticed that people aren't exactly playing the nicest, though.

I've had a few games in a row where killers have lagswitched to put the round at their advantage. I understand that sometimes internet connections become wonky and aren't always consistent. However, when the entire round freezes for everyone and the person in a chase suddenly gets downed or teleported to a hook, you're not fooling anyone. I'm surprised that during an event where people are supposed to have fun, others want to take that away.

Has anyone had similar experiences? I have never had a problem with lagswitching in the past up until now. I'm super grateful that the devs are working on the dedicated servers for Dead by Daylight because of this. Regardless, I'm not letting it taint my fun. I've had a great time grinding this event as both killer and survivor!

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019
    I get instant lobbies as a R1 Killer. Its like a miracle. 

Please don't change scoring, i gladly take the few games more if it means i can play game to game with virtually zero time between them.
  • Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

@ChesterTheMolester said:

Please don't change scoring, i take the few games more if it means i can play game to game with virtually zero time between them.

I kinda wish killers got more for playing, but I've had a lot of fun whenever I've tried it. I've been playing spirit and leveling her up, and my rounds have been awesome! The lobby timing has been fantastic on the killer side.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019
    Beverly said:

Please don't change scoring, i take the few games more if it means i can play game to game with virtually zero time between them.

I kinda wish killers got more for playing, but I've had a lot of fun whenever I've tried it. I've been playing spirit and leveling her up, and my rounds have been awesome! The lobby timing has been fantastic on the killer side.

Everyone is playing survivor thinking the coins are faster/easier to get only to slow themselves down massively with these 10 minute queue times. 

The irony is real.
  • Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

Everyone is playing survivor thinking the coins are faster/easier to get only to slow themselves down massively with these 10 minute queue times. 

The irony is real.

The wait time for survivor has been unusually long, yeah! Even as a solo I get a longer wait than before. Whenever I play a 2-man, it takes a whopping 8-10 minutes to get in. I have no idea why?! For the most part I've been grinding killer unless I have a daily.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

@Beverly said:

The irony is real.

The wait time for survivor has been unusually long, yeah! Even as a solo I get a longer wait than before. Whenever I play a 2-man, it takes a whopping 8-10 minutes to get in. I have no idea why?! For the most part I've been grinding killer unless I have a daily.

I play solo survivor on PC and never wait more than 10-15 seconds for a lobby. Jokes on anyone who thinks solo survivors are being slowed down at all.

I play both killer and survivor, but survivor is clearly favored in gaining faster progression. It's not a complaint, just a fact.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Please don't change scoring, i gladly take the few games more if it means i can play game to game with virtually zero time between them.

With the current survivor queue, killers might actually earn more event points per hour :smile:

• TrAiNwReCk

@Master said:

With the current survivor queue, killers might actually earn more event points per hour :smile:

I hadn't thought of it like that. Could be true. I'll stick with the survivor method for now.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@TrAiNwReCk said:

I play solo survivor on PC and never wait more than 10-15 seconds for a lobby. Jokes on anyone who thinks solo survivors are being slowed down at all.

I play both killer and survivor, but survivor is clearly favored in gaining faster progression. It's not a complaint, just a fact.

I don't know, when I started to get long survivor queue times, to check whether it is just me or not, I went to twitch and saw that streamer survivor queue times are long as well. For the majority, I believe, queue times is bad for survivor right now.

• TrAiNwReCk

@Delfador said:

@TrAiNwReCk said:

I don't know, when I started to get long survivor queue times, to check whether it is just me or not, I went to twitch and saw that streamer survivor queue times are long as well. For the majority, I believe, queue times is bad for survivor right now.

I am on board with you and if it is true that players waiting minutes at a time for a game, then killer might be the best option vs less game time. Though survivor for me personally has never had a wait time longer than 30 seconds ever. Though a wait time in general is unusual, but thanks to the event it is as such for the time being.

• NoReward
    NoReward Member Posts: 36
    Survivor waiting times on ps4 have been long, so it’s a good time to practice killer play, yay!