The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you stop survivors group healing/body blocking as Freddy?

I started playing Freddy to finish getting his teachables and I really like playing him, and I found success with him like I do with Doc and Hag. 

The only thing throwing me off with him is how he’s the only killer I have played where survivors RUSH and crowd a downed player, healing them and blocking me from picking them up. How do I work around this behavior? Please don’t say noed, I have it but I have found success with a surveillance, remember me, blood warden, and bbq load out. 

I try to put them to sleep but by the time they transition it’s too late. 

Comments

• TheEdgeGamer
    TheEdgeGamer Member Posts: 26

One of the main reasons they're reworking Freddy. For right now, you can't. The game will still make you lunge at awake survivors and you can only stand and watch. What I'd recommend is focusing on shorter time transition add-ons. Make the survivors who are healing someone right in front of you go to sleep so you can stop them.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You're pretty much struck with the crowd healing. Freddy isn't built to fend of group swarm tactics so he's easy to bully.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

Impossible

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Ironically Freddy is supposed to be a endgame killer. Which is where he's the weakest. 
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,213

This is Freddy's biggest weakness.
    Every other Killer can completely forget about their ability and still be able to do something (They may not be successful at getting Kills, but they can still do something).
    Freddy though, he NEEDS his power to even HIT a Survivor. Unless you put those other Survivors asleep and start slapping, you will not get that downed Survivor.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Nothing about the healing, but you can prevent body blocks if only your target is asleep. Can't help but laugh when an awake survivor stands in front of a hook and I just walk through them.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited February 2019

That’s the beauty in it.... I really hope the Freddy rework will fix this.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,143
    That the thing you can't. I normally run thanataphobia, sloppy butcher as well as z block and his jump rope 4 this type of situation