The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Moonrise event - intention or just very bad design?

Do you think it was an intention to suffer in matches where nobody make gens, everybody hides and play selfish?
Or it is just super bad and untested design?

When there was the "bug" you get the points whenever at least one survivor escape, it was actually ok, promoting teamplay.
But now when its fixed, its just garbage.

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    I thought survivors would be smart and gen rush since if you get 5 gens done every survivor gets 20 points but like you said they are just hiding... Yesterday I ran a doc around for 7 minutes on the last gen while the last two guys stayed around the hatch waiting for me to die.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

That is cause there is an advantage to drag out the match if you got a vessel on you. And since getting that 25 extra points is more then you can make in a match... It is worth way more then the escape points you get.. so WIN WIN in letting the others die on hook at the end.. I'm getting out with my vessel.

• terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2019

@AChaoticKiller said:
    I thought survivors would be smart and gen rush since if you get 5 gens done every survivor gets 20 points but like you said they are just hiding... Yesterday I ran a doc around for 7 minutes on the last gen while the last two guys stayed around the hatch waiting for me to die.

Some player just want to farm the 500 points you get every 30 seconds. They care more about blood points instead of event points.

Post edited by terrortil on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@bubakzlesa said:
    Do you think it was an intention to suffer in matches where nobody make gens, everybody hides and play selfish?
    Or it is just super bad and untested design?

When there was the "bug" you get the points whenever at least one survivor escape, it was actually ok, promoting teamplay.
    But now when its fixed, its just garbage.

The optimal way is genrushing

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    I play about 6-8 hours a day and im just not seeing this survivor gameplay you're all describing of them not doing gens.

I see most people grabbing a vessel then trying to rattle through the gens to try escape, obviously sometimes you meet a good killer and game changes but im definitely seeing a lot of survivors doing gens like normal. 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited February 2019

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    I play about 6-8 hours a day and im just not seeing this survivor gameplay you're all describing of them not doing gens.

I see most people grabbing a vessel then trying to rattle through the gens to try escape, obviously sometimes you meet a good killer and game changes but im definitely seeing a lot of survivors doing gens like normal. 

I've been taking my time.. If I find a vessel at the beginning of the match... I'm just gonna putter around and do the gens... but not rushing it myself. I like those points you get while holding the vessel. You can pretty much earn your escape points by walking around the map taking your time. That is me though.. I imagine some just are rushing the gens to get their vessel out.