The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Moonrise Event from a killer's perspective.

Greetings, The Moonrise event is probably the best event so far because it doesn't affect gameplay or add objectives to the game and completely throw off the flow of how the game mechanics and style works.

I believe this event has got it right this time, however, there are a few quality of life changes and possibly bugs (Unsure if it's intended to work this way) but anyways.

Any of the information given isn't a solution to fix the current event but is here to make future events feel a little more pleasant.

• In the BBQ Summer event when you picked up a survivor it would show you the BBQ hooks, in the event, it's sometimes quite difficult to find the correct Vessel lamp that is needed to be destroyed, I think having a system where you can see the Vessels in general or whilst carrying a survivor would be nice, Perhaps showing in blue like the BBQ event did.

• I do also think with the vessel's becoming corrupted they could have been improved upon, now I'm unsure if this is a bug but when you hook a survivor all of the vessels become corrupted, as intended however if the survivor kills them-self or it's their last hook the vessel turns red then immediately turns normal again before any animation of destroying said vessel is possible.

(When you last hook a survivor and there's a vessel next to them there's not enough time after death animation to hit the corrupted vessel)

• Since it's difficult to find the vessels that are active to destroy in the first place it often happens that by the time I've found active vessels the survivors are on their last hook, therefore rendering me being able to destroy them not possible from lack of time when they turn red and immediately go yellow on last hooks/suicides

• I think everything else with this event is perfect, it doesn't obstruct the original idea of the game and make it more difficult, the only other thing I could ask is to make it easier and less grind-related to get tokens or points, there's nothing more frustrating to get the easy first 2 or 3 and then having to do 4x more effort to get the same amount of reward as you did when you got the first one, It takes away from the feeling of progression and rather than fun it becomes a chore.

I'm really glad to see that the events are becoming better and feel a lot smoother in terms of gameplay and keep the original idea of objectives.

(P.S, I made this thread and for some reason, it's not showing up at all, even in my discussions so I'm reposting)

Comments

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

Event is quite good, but killers should see the vessels, cuz before you can find one usually the survivor is already unhooked and you lose like 20s or more in game which is 1/4 of a gen. I'm not playing killer this event cuz it sucks. the idea is right but don't feel this event. As a survivor i get way more points way more often cuz i played 2 killer games and if i got 25 points i was happy. they need to buff killer's points or they will have to listen to survivors crying about long q times.

• Waggles
    Waggles Member Posts: 8

I noticed a lot of people have looked at the thread but not commented, Please feel free to comment, this is an open discussion and I'd like to see everyone's input regarding the event.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Honestly the event is just too boring for me. Granted, the Huntress cosmetics are okay, but I have never been much of a Feng Fanatic. Furthermore Ace's cosmetics just don't really appeal to me. 

The whole thing is just too grindy in my eyes. I personally think that the whole grind for an entire outfit, actually several full outfits is just too grindy. Last year folks had to grind for one mask and one shirt. I think that was great. Plus, these 2 items were event exclusive so there was an actual motive to grind for them.

This year though we've been seeing full outfits that you can grind for, or just buy later.

There's just too much work, for a reward that doesn't really feel special.

What I hope to see in the future is the classic event style cosmetics with 1 item for survivor and 1 for killer. Lock those items to only being unlockable during the event and call it a day.