The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Devs I absolutely hate the survivor switch controls ps4

Ray_Penber
Ray_Penber Member Posts: 94
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
They need changed badly. Everytime I set the controller down or accidentally bump the L2/R2 button the character changes. So frustratingly annoying. Either get rid of them because I think they're stupid or switch them to different buttons so I don't have to deal with them.
Post edited by Ray_Penber on

Comments

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

I think everyone agrees with switching the button. Accidentally switching happened to me as well.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Got all my characters rigged up with the same loadout just incase of an accidental switch. 
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

It happened to me only once, it's not that big of a deal, just be a little more careful

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119
    edited February 2019

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Got all my characters rigged up with the same loadout just incase of an accidental switch. 

You did that just because of this issue? Wow, it's too bad it can't be shut off in the menu, imagine getting everyone the same perks/items just in case you swap by accident! I prestige a character and then they stay at 1 for a while until everyone (I care about) catches up. Right now I have one Survivor at 40, one at 10, and the rest at 1. *or P1, I have a few Prestiged.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Does it lock your character when you ready up? I've never tried myself. If not that might be a easy fix
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I dont see this as a real issue just pay attention to what happens.... this is an operator error 
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2019
    Does it lock your character when you ready up? I've never tried myself. If not that might be a easy fix
    @Scgamecock86 It doesn’t lock your character in when you ready up at the last few seconds, it still switches and it ends up freezing the timer in place for everyone which forcefully makes everyone stay in the lobby and not load into the match. You would have to close your app to get out the lobby 

I did it once by accident, pretty sure everyone was pissed at me lmao.
  • Ray_Penber
    Ray_Penber Member Posts: 94
    Bravo0413 said:
    I dont see this as a real issue just pay attention to what happens.... this is an operator error 
    Try telling that to someone with add or adhd which I have. I am constantly zoning out when not playing my game or on something else. So I accidentally bump it then go in with a character that I don't want.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    I don't play with controller but I can imagine how annoying this can be. This should be pretty easy for the dev team to change the buttons with something else (maybe shoulder buttons?). Maybe you should tag a dev or a moderator to get attention for that, good luck guys.
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

The L2/R2 buttons don't have to be pressed in all the way to activate. If your finger twitches slightly, it counts as pulling the trigger. Setting the controller down gently often applies enough pressure to count as pressing the button. The L2/R2 buttons are way too sensitive. I have to treat the controller more carefully than a wine glass to not accidentally switch characters and, given the long lobby wait times, that's unreasonable.