The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors should not be able to insta heal glitch. Prove me wrong.

Vortexas
Vortexas Member Posts: 757
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

You all know what I speak of.

A survivor is one hit from being down, and you run him down finally. You swing...connect...but instead of going down he shoots to full health, and the chase starts over.

This is an game breaking bug, and an exploit.

Prove me wrong.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Of course it is. I report it everytime it happens, but nothing will be done since BHVR doesnt give a damn #########

Oh and btw, I think in the title it should be called "shouldnt" :smile:

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Game breaking? No. Exploit? No. It's lag and survivors cannot predict what the server decides to do.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    What the #########? 
  • Vortexas

@brokedownpalace said:
    Game breaking? No. Exploit? No. It's lag and survivors cannot predict what the server decides to do.

Spoken, like an insta heal user.

Survivors know what they are doing when they use it, why else would they stand still and let you wallop them, just so they can lulz at full health with yet another crutch and waste more time.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

You're talking about when they use an insta-heal and somehow time it so it happens AFTER they go down, correct?

• Vortexas

@thesuicidefox said:
    You're talking about when they use an insta-heal and somehow time it so it happens AFTER they go down, correct?

Correct.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

It will go away with dedicated servers I'm hoping

@brokedownpalace said:

Lol, pretty much the definition of an exploit.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204
    Its really overpowered, and it doesn't need any skill at all to be very strong.
    Now add experienced players as survivors plus swf and voice comms, plus gen rushing, plus 3/4 instaheals. It's simply stupid how unfair It is.
    Insta heals need to be reworked.
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@brokedownpalace said:

It's an exploit.

It's insta healing yourself while getting hit.
    Because DbD is poorly coded, it will give you full health, instead of healing you full and then get hit or not do anything, because you are downed.

It can be exploited and I saw survivors doing it just for this purpose.
    It's also not hard to perform, I did it 1 time also, but stopped because it could be bannable.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Vortexas said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Correct.

Yea, then I agree it shouldn't be a thing. However I think it has to do with connection and not the game. One of the recent clip compilation videos (I think it was JenD's) had a clip where a Billy chainsawed a Meg on a gen JUST as it was finished and her Adren proc'd and she got up instantly. To me that's lag, which isn't something you can easily fix. Dedicated servers might fix it when they come around, but it might not.

Like there have been times I jump through a window from the second floor of a house on Haddonfield and get hit by the killer as I'm falling. That shouldn't happen either, but it's something beyond the control of the developers honestly because it's mostly connection based.

• brokedownpalace
    Vortexas said:

@brokedownpalace said:

Spoken, like an insta heal user.

Survivors know what they are doing when they use it, why else would they stand still and let you wallop them, just so they can lulz at full health with yet another crutch and waste more time.

What? They stand still because you literally need to to use the instaheal. They're trying to get an instaheal in before you hit them, obviously. 
  • brokedownpalace
    This is another situation where, instead of placing the blame where it belongs (lag, devs, no dedicated servers), you turn it into a survivor vs killer thing so you can feel superior to someone else.
  • tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited February 2019

Full Insta heals shouldn't be a thing. The Time Economy is already screwed for the killer. If you get a map with overpowered building tiles, 4 survivors who know how to loop, you are gonna beg for every second you can get.

Ultra rare should only heal one health state and you must stand still, and it takes X seconds to channel it.

Styptic should require X seconds channel and only heal up to 90% of health bar... Or something.

I keep going back to how Killer needs a direct counter to Adrenaline and insta-heals.

My idea is for a perk that once gates power, 2/3/4 survivors get a token. Healing from injured state to healthy state does not heal you, it instead removes token and resets the healing bar to zero.

Direct counter to Adrenaline, but doesn't make their Adrenaline perk useless as Adrenaline STILL gives them the movement buff and dispels the sleep status when playing against Freddy.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

@tehshadowman33 said:
    My idea is for a perk that once gates power, 2/3/4 survivors get a token. Healing from injured state to healthy state does not heal you, it instead removes token and resets the healing bar to zero.

No. But Adrenaline shouldn't heal you or give you the speed bonus if you have just been unhooked though. It's a bit silly for a perk to activate when you have been unhooked.

Noed is a direct counter to adrenaline.