The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

They definitely learned from their mistakes during the Hallowed Blight. This event is much, much better. Matchmaking is normal, backend servers aren't crashing, most players are playing normally, and you can actually get the cosmetics within a reasonable timeframe this time. Keep up the good work devs!

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Riiiiiight 😂
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Yamaoka said:
    Riiiiiight 😂

Yes?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I agree, this is the best event so far in terms of design. Could up the point earnings a bit for killer, but otherwise it's good. You just play the game normally for the most part. I really hate the Hallowed Blight event because no one played normally during the event. Survivors would just rush plants then die to go on to the next, and there were so many boosted killers after that it was sad. It's better than the BBQ/past Lunar events because you don't need to focus on specific gens/hooks, which also made people play abnormally and it was a bit lame. If we get more events like this one in the future I would be very happy.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited February 2019

@AntiJelly said:
    They definitely learned from their mistakes during the Hallowed Blight. This event is much, much better.

Not only that but there is no more farming!
    They made a truly competitive system within the game, but as event, possibly to test things out.

Could that be a secret hit to a rank rework? (:

• AntiJelly

@qtSpiritMain said:
    Design. Yes.
    Execution. No.

Would you care to elaborate?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Matchmaking is normal?

Are you only playing killer? Survivor is broken right now.
  • AntiJelly

@The_Crusader said:
    Matchmaking is normal?

I'm playing both sides and getting the same matchmaking times as before the event. I'm playing on Xbox too.

• AntiJelly

@qtSpiritMain said:

@AntiJelly said:

@qtSpiritMain said:
    Design. Yes.
    Execution. No.

Looks great on paper.
    Add in an unstable wait time for survivors, lobby dodging, bugs and you get this.

For me, lobby times are normal, and hardly any lobby dodging. Maybe it would help if you took off your prestige? Also, the only bug is the one that makes it so everyone gets lantern points.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited February 2019
    Credit where credit is due, they definitely listened to Survivors' complaints about Hallowed Blight.

All they complained about was Survivors' side objective not progressing the match, now all they have to do is rush gens and run out the gate as usual.

Edit: and they listened to everyone whining that the blight offerings were cluttering up the bloodwebs, now no one has enough offerings. Good job guys.
  • AntiJelly

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Credit where credit is due, they definitely listened to Survivors' complaints about Hallowed Blight.

All they complained about was Survivors' side objective not progressing the match, now all they have to do is rush gens and run out the gate as usual.

Well, credit where credit is due for the event. As a secondary objective, it doesn't really do anything.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Agreed... there is way more hate going towards them then should be.... the devs knocked it out of the park imo with this one... so what killers lack in points towards coin the lobby's being near instant make up for it.... props to you devs..... you may have even found a new skin that could be implemented into the game (personally I would love to see the glow/lantern effect as a seasonal reward) 
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Tzeentchling9 said:

Yea they only have to do all that while avoiding someone that can kill them?

lmao - the way killers on this forum talk about how easy it is for survivors really makes me believe most killers sit in corners until the match is over.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

@AntiJelly said:
    They definitely learned from their mistakes during the Hallowed Blight. This event is much, much better.

Not only that but there is no more farming!
    They made a truly competitive system within the game, but as event, possibly to test things out.

Could that be a secret hit to a rank rework? (:

I hope you're right on this!... it would be so good! 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    AntiJelly said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Matchmaking is normal?

I'm playing both sides and getting the same matchmaking times as before the event. I'm playing on Xbox too.

You are a lucky boy.

Survivor is bad on PC right now and heard a number of PS4 players are having issues too.

Killer is fine but I don't want to play killer anymore. The mid chapter update has sucked all the fun out of it for me.
  • Tzeentchling9
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

lmao - the way killers on this forum talk about how easy it is for survivors really makes me believe most killers sit in corners until the match is over.

It certainly feels that way with how fast I've been flying through the gens this entire event. It has not been uncommon for us to have at least three gens done before the first hook.
  • AntiJelly

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

It certainly feels that way with how fast I've been flying through the gens this entire event. It has not been uncommon for us to have at least three gens done before the first hook.

That's a problem with the killer, not the survivors. If you can't end a chase in ~15 seconds, then you're either a bad killer, or you need to give up the chase because the survivor is better than you.

• Fizz
    Fizz Member Posts: 71

In most of my games both as Survivor and killer I've come up against survivors who'll focus solely on doing the gens, I've been hooked first in a game and died on my first hook because my "teammates" wanna finish gens over saving me for the event points but in saying that, that's not the dev's fault.

• Tzeentchling9
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

That's a problem with the killer, not the survivors. If you can't end a chase in ~15 seconds, then you're either a bad killer, or you need to give up the chase because the survivor is better than you.

Lulwut? 15 seconds? So what, you only every chase someone in an open field as Hillbilly?
  • AntiJelly

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

Lulwut? 15 seconds? So what, you only every chase someone in an open field as Hillbilly?

I don't play hillbilly. I play mostly Wraith, you just need to get better at mindgames.

• Tzeentchling9
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

I don't play hillbilly. I play mostly Wraith, you just need to get better at mindgames.

So only play against blind Survivors, gotcha.
  • AntiJelly

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said: Credit where credit is due, they definitely listened to Survivors' complaints about Hallowed Blight. All they complained about was Survivors' side objective not progressing the match, now all they have to do is rush gens and run out the gate as usual. Yea they only have to do all that while avoiding someone that can kill them? lmao - the way killers on this forum talk about how easy it is for survivors really makes me believe most killers sit in corners until the match is over.

I'm not going to converse anymore to you if you continue a single minded pursuit just to complain about how much survivors are overpowered, without looking at your own faults first.

• Tzeentchling9
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said: Credit where credit is due, they definitely listened to Survivors' complaints about Hallowed Blight. All they complained about was Survivors' side objective not progressing the match, now all they have to do is rush gens and run out the gate as usual. Yea they only have to do all that while avoiding someone that can kill them? lmao - the way killers on this forum talk about how easy it is for survivors really makes me believe most killers sit in corners until the match is over.

I'm not going to converse anymore to you if you continue a single minded pursuit just to complain about how much survivors are overpowered, without looking at your own faults first.

I'm just saying it must be nice to play against Survivors with broken spacebars. If you can down them in 15 seconds as wraith, they must not be using a single window/pallet.
  • AntiJelly

@The_Crusader said:
    Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

SenzuDuck said:

The dude ends chases in under 15 seconds with Wraith, I think you need to show him more respect. Clearly we have a legend amongst us.

I mean some maps have multiple ultra safe pallets all together which made me think it wasn't possible but apparantly this guy plays Wraith like he was Nurse.

I'd love to see some gameplay footage.

Ideally. Ideally, you should end chases in 15 seconds. If you can't, give up the chase. You will lose so much pressure if you take longer than that. There's so many people who just can't give up for the life of them, and I really don't get it.

• Tzeentchling9
    AntiJelly said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

SenzuDuck said:

The dude ends chases in under 15 seconds with Wraith, I think you need to show him more respect. Clearly we have a legend amongst us.

I mean some maps have multiple ultra safe pallets all together which made me think it wasn't possible but apparantly this guy plays Wraith like he was Nurse.

Ideally. Ideally, you should end chases in 15 seconds. If you can't, give up the chase. You will lose so much pressure if you take longer than that. There's so many people who just can't give up for the life of them, and I really don't get it.

So you just run around scaring Survivors off gens? Our point is you can't down a Survivor in 15 seconds(especially as Wraith) unless their keyboard is broken and their monitor is turned off.
  • SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    I cant even log on just initialization error after initialization error after reset after initialization error I hate it it's killing me
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@AntiJelly said:
    They definitely learned from their mistakes during the Hallowed Blight. This event is much, much better. Matchmaking is normal, backend servers aren't crashing, most players are playing normally, and you can actually get the cosmetics within a reasonable timeframe this time. Keep up the good work devs!

BAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

• Tzeentchling9
    AntiJelly said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

SenzuDuck said:

And before you come back with your Holier Than Thou speech about MiNd GaMeS. We have math on our side to back up our claim. Getting a hit stops you for what, three seconds? That's a fiveth of your time there and they got a speed boost. Break a pallet? That's two seconds of you not moving. Bloodlust? You've already used up your entire 15 second allotment of time to hit teir 1. 

Feel free to provide evidence that contradicts the math.
  • AntiJelly

@fcc2014 said:

@AntiJelly said:

BAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

What a generous contribution to my post. You truly have bestowed upon me the greatest gift.

• AntiJelly

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@The_Crusader said:

Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said: SenzuDuck said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:    Credit where credit is due, they definitely listened to Survivors' complaints about Hallowed Blight.    All they complained about was Survivors' side objective not progressing the match, now all they have to do is rush gens and run out the gate as usual.        Yea they only have to do all that while avoiding someone that can kill them?    lmao - the way killers on this forum talk about how easy it is for survivors really makes me believe most killers sit in corners until the match is over.

It certainly feels that way with how fast I've been flying through the gens this entire event. It has not been uncommon for us to have at least three gens done before the first hook. That's a problem with the killer, not the survivors. If you can't end a chase in ~15 seconds, then you're either a bad killer, or you need to give up the chase because the survivor is better than you.

And before you come back with your Holier Than Thou speech about MiNd GaMeS. We have math on our side to back up our claim. Getting a hit stops you for what, three seconds? That's a fiveth of your time there and they got a speed boost. Break a pallet? That's two seconds of you not moving. Bloodlust? You've already used up your entire 15 second allotment of time to hit teir 1. 

Blade wipe animation lasts about one second, survivor speed boost is two. If you're chasing in a straight line, yeah, you won't get the hit. You aren't supposed to break pallets all the time. The only pallets you have to break are usually structure pallets. In a usual situation: You find a survivor at a gen. You get the hit as they run from the gen, they get the speed boost (maybe make a few turns) and you blade wipe for one second. Now the survivor is at a basic pallet, they throw it down as you approach. You start walking around it, they loop it once, and as you are about to catch up to them, they vault, but you moonwalk and lunge hit them. That should take about 15-20 seconds.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Literally the complete opposite. They learned nothing from Hallowed Blight and did the exact same problems again except now it's on the killer side.

• AntiJelly

@Blueberry said:
    Literally the complete opposite. They learned nothing from Hallowed Blight and did the exact same problems again except now it's on the killer side.

• Tzeentchling9
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@The_Crusader said:

Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:    Credit where credit is due, they definitely listened to Survivors' complaints about Hallowed Blight.    All they complained about was Survivors' side objective not progressing the match, now all they have to do is rush gens and run out the gate as usual.        Yea they only have to do all that while avoiding someone that can kill them?    lmao - the way killers on this forum talk about how easy it is for survivors really makes me believe most killers sit in corners until the match is over.

It certainly feels that way with how fast I've been flying through the gens this entire event. It has not been uncommon for us to have at least three gens done before the first hook. That's a problem with the killer, not the survivors. If you can't end a chase in ~15 seconds, then you're either a bad killer, or you need to give up the chase because the survivor is better than you.

Blade wipe animation lasts about one second, survivor speed boost is two. If you're chasing in a straight line, yeah, you won't get the hit. You aren't supposed to break pallets all the time. The only pallets you have to break are usually structure pallets. In a usual situation: You find a survivor at a gen. You get the hit as they run from the gen, they get the speed boost (maybe make a few turns) and you blade wipe for one second. Now the survivor is at a basic pallet, they throw it down as you approach. You start walking around it, they loop it once, and as you are about to catch up to them, they vault, but you moonwalk and lunge hit them. That should take about 15-20 seconds.

So you are playing in the yellow ranks where Survivors don't keep an eye out for wraith and wait at pallets without looping them. Thanks for the explanation.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

@AntiJelly said:

@Blueberry said:

Imbalance of tokens and blood points for the sides which is what's causing the imbalance in the que times. Secondly, they added an extra objective for the killer to have to go and find the correct lanterns after their hooks. In the games current balance where killers already don't have enough time for their objective there is no time to spare looking for the lanterns after each hook. This is also compounded by all the pressure you lose on the survivors by going for the lanterns. Meanwhile survivor doesn't play any differently and essentially just plays like normal to reap the rewards.

• fcc2014

@AntiJelly said:

@fcc2014 said:

@AntiJelly said:

BAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

What a generous contribution to my post. You truly have bestowed upon me the greatest gift.

The Best Opposite Day Post Ever!!!

• AntiJelly

@fcc2014 said:

@AntiJelly said:

@fcc2014 said:

@AntiJelly said:

BAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

The Best Opposite Day Post Ever!!!

Haven't you been forum banned before? I'm not particularly surprised.

• AntiJelly

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@The_Crusader said:

Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said: @Tzeentchling9 said: AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:    SenzuDuck said:

It certainly feels that way with how fast I've been flying through the gens this entire event. It has not been uncommon for us to have at least three gens done before the first hook.        That's a problem with the killer, not the survivors. If you can't end a chase in ~15 seconds, then you're either a bad killer, or you need to give up the chase because the survivor is better than you.

Lulwut? 15 seconds? So what, you only every chase someone in an open field as Hillbilly? I don't play hillbilly. I play mostly Wraith, you just need to get better at mindgames. So only play against blind Survivors, gotcha. The dude ends chases in under 15 seconds with Wraith, I think you need to show him more respect. Clearly we have a legend amongst us. I mean some maps have multiple ultra safe pallets all together which made me think it wasn't possible but apparantly this guy plays Wraith like he was Nurse.

So you are playing in the yellow ranks where Survivors don't keep an eye out for wraith and wait at pallets without looping them. Thanks for the explanation.

Red ranks, xbox.

• fcc2014

@AntiJelly said:

Haven't you been forum banned before? I'm not particularly surprised.

Yep, Temp banned as have others might get another one again but hey your the Master Baiter here. Nice Bait.

• fcc2014

@Tzeentchling9 said:

the only mind games = some made up story.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited February 2019

@AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    AntiJelly said:

@The_Crusader said:

Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

AntiJelly said:

So, you describe a situation where a survivor hears the terror radius and chooses not to run or hide, giving you an early hit. This would only make sense if you were 1.) playing against potatoes, 2.)Playing as the Wraith, where you would need to factor in the time it takes to uncloak, 3.) Tier 1 Myers who's ridiculously slow (or M&A + Dead Rabbit Myers, which involves an add-on which you might not even have and can't run all the time.), or 4.) Playing the spirit who is already a consistently viable killer.

You also describe a situation where the survivor chooses to run to an unsafe pallet and falls for the first mindgame you make. So, essentially, the survivor needs to make a bunch of mistakes for you to end a chase in fifteen seconds. Not to mention chase extending perks, like SB, which speed stacks with the hit boost and is a fairly popular perk or DS which could end up extending the chase further. In a sense, you described an incredibly ideal situation. And kindly refrain from bringing rank into the argument. Given time, anyone can get to the red ranks.

• Tzeentchling9
    edited February 2019
    AntiJelly said:

Red ranks, xbox.

Buddy, your example is textbook rank 15 Survivor gameplay. That is the LEAST efficient use of pallets with the killer present possible.