The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Where Is the New Matchmaking?

AntiJelly
AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

February first and no matchmaking change at all. Devs, could you please refrain from making promises that you can't fulfill? This is on the list of Decisive, Freddy, and Hatch Rework announcements. Not angry, just disappointed.

EDIT: From what I recall, the new matchmaking was said to be coming out in January.

Comments

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

Ummm...why do you think we’re getting matched with people on Mars? The new matching system is worse than all previous systems, and is in effect right now.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Unless I'm mistaken I thought the matchmaking changes were in effect. It's why PS4 survivor queues have become tests of patience.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Kaelum said:

Ummm...why do you think we’re getting matched with people on Mars? The new matching system is worse than all previous systems, and is in effect right now.

I thought they pulled it out because they had problems with it? 
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Peasant said:
    Unless I'm mistaken I thought the matchmaking changes were in effect. It's why PS4 survivor queues have become tests of patience.

No, the update hasn't come out yet, unless they went back on what the changes were. They originally said that the lobby would put four survivors together, then put them into a killer lobby. Right now, it's still the same thing of just readying up solo or with friends, and waiting to be put into the killer lobby.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2019

@Bravo0413 said:
    Kaelum said:

Just like Freddy and DS rework. So it will be completely ignored now.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I'm pretty sure they never said it was coming out just yet...
    But they are indeed testing it

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AntiJelly said:
    February first and no matchmaking change at all. Devs, could you please refrain from making promises that you can't fulfill? This is on the list of Decisive, Freddy, and Hatch Rework announcements. Not angry, just disappointed.

EDIT: From what I recall, the new matchmaking was said to be coming out in January.

Sadly we already got the new matchmaking..... Yeah it sucks but you cant identify SWF anymore

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    PS4 needs it like NOW. Lobby queue times are ridiculous even as a SOLO survivor.

This is one of the worse matchmaking system they’ve ever implemented
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@PinkEricka said:
    PS4 needs it like NOW. Lobby queue times are ridiculous even as a SOLO survivor.

Just don't play survivor. Easy fix.

• Kaelum
    Bravo0413 said:
    That was like 2+ months ago. They said that they would slowly roll it out in January, after they make some changes, which they have been doing. Over the last few weeks they have slowly been switching over, as the changes are sever-side. The client-side changes were completed last year.
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

@PinkEricka said:

Just don't play survivor. Easy fix.

It happens with killers too though. Even with SWF or solo; PS4 needs a fix for sure in ques.
  • Kaelum

@Gamzello there is no wait time at all for killer. Once I create a lobby, It is full within 10 to 15 seconds. If you are not seeing that on PS4, then you have some other issue.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Kaelum said:

@Gamzello there is no wait time at all for killer. Once I create a lobby, It is full within 10 to 15 seconds. If you are not seeing that on PS4, then you have some other issue.

It depends on ranks and time. I normally play throughout the night so sometimes it’s a bit harder for me to find others playing around the night (for me).