The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DEDICATED SERVERS FOR DEAD BY DAYLIGHT!

Hello people of the fog!! Perhaps, dedicated servers will appear with us much earlier than summer comes! Thanks to Steam, developers will have dedicated servers, and Steam himself will take responsibility for them! According to the last point, developers will get access to dedicated servers using the “Valve's dedicated server hosting program”. This feature is in a closed beta, and to gain access to it, the developer needs to contact Valve.

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    So no more lag switchers or killers who make you lag by downloading adult content during a chase? Nice. Dedicated servers will also allow the developers to provide new game modes like multiple killers right?
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Yamaoka said:
    So no more lag switchers or killers who make you lag by downloading adult content during a chase? Nice. Dedicated servers will also allow the developers to provide new game modes like multiple killers right?
    If you think lag switchers are a problem, then you'll gonna have a bad time. 
  • Yamaoka
    Tsulan said:
    Yamaoka said:
    What are you trying to say?
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

"Steam himself"...

I think you mean Gabe Newell. I'll let it slide this time though.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

What about console?

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@LCGaster said:
    What about console?

-Crickets-

• LCGaster
    edited February 2019

@Shad03 said:

@LCGaster said:
    What about console?

-Crickets-

Always forgotten T.T

• Tsulan
    Yamaoka said:
    Tsulan said:
    Yamaoka said:
    There are far less lag switchers than people claim. 
  • Shad03

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@LCGaster said:
    What about console?

-Crickets-

Always forgotten T.T

Yes, we the forgotten console plebs. :cry:

Sad

• LCGaster

@Shad03 said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@LCGaster said:
    What about console?

-Crickets-

Always forgotten T.T

Yes, we the forgotten console plebs. :cry:

Sad

Very sad :'(

• Yamaoka
    Why do people always make fun of console players? 🤔
  • Shad03

@Yamaoka said:

We get the shortest end of the stick a lot of the time. I wonder what happened to our optimization patch.

• Yamaoka
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

We get the shortest end of the stick a lot of the time. I wonder what happened to our optimization patch.

I genuinely forgot about the optimization patch even though it was supposed to get us some proper fps which is what every doctor main urgently needs. He's getting frame spikes every game. 
  • Shad03

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

I genuinely forgot about the optimization patch even though it was supposed to get us some proper fps which is what every doctor main urgently needs. He's getting frame spikes every game. 

Exactly. A shame we might even get the gracing of dedicated servers at all.

• LCGaster

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

The life of a console player is pure suffering :D

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

It's not suffering when you're playing Spiderman :D

• LCGaster

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

I already finished it :'(
    Just remembered there is the New Game + :D

• BigBadPiggy

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

I've played the new game plus at least 3 times, It is just an amazing Spiderman game. Too anyone else who sees this comment, Spiderman PS4 is the best game ever made. Change my mind.

• Shad03

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

I've played the new game plus at least 3 times, It is just an amazing Spiderman game. Too anyone else who sees this comment, Spiderman PS4 is the best game ever made. Change my mind.

I don't need to, because I have seen my cousin play it. I am not much of a Spider-Man fan but I have to admit the game is awesome. I just need to learn the controls...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Yamaoka said:

Laggswitching will still be possible, I dont trust in BHVRs coding

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

@Yamaoka From what I’ve heard, they are slowly releasing us better FPS over time in each little patch they give us.
  • BigBadPiggy

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

I don't need to, because I have seen my cousin play it. I am not much of a Spider-Man fan but I have to admit the game is awesome. I just need to learn the controls...

That "Change my mind" part wasn't meant for you, it was meant for anyone else who read the comment lol. But yeah you can be really good and flashy when you get the controls down.

• Shad03

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

That "Change my mind" part wasn't meant for you, it was meant for anyone else who read the comment lol. But yeah you can be really good and flashy when you get the controls down.

I know :smile: I'm glad basically everyone and their ancestors enjoy the game.

I don't play it enough to learn the controls. I only played once cause my cousin needed to do something.

• BigBadPiggy

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

I don't play it enough to learn the controls. I only played once cause my cousin needed to do something.

It's sad that people were wanting to boycott the game just because of ONE STUPID SUIT.

• LCGaster

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

It's not that difficult, man. Just try :D

• LCGaster

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

It's sad that people were wanting to boycott the game just because of ONE STUPID SUIT.

Wait, WHAT?

• BigBadPiggy

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Shad03 said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@BigBadPiggy said:

@LCGaster said:

@Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

Wait, WHAT?

Yeah, It was because they didn't have the Sam Ramie suit when the game launched. But they added it in sometime around Christmas. Now everyone who was complaining is acting like a special entitled little snow flake saying stuff like "WE got the suit into the game" It's stupid.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Tsulan said:
    Yamaoka said:
    Tsulan said:
    Yamaoka said:
    I kinda agree with you, I get accused a lot for lagswitching while I see them skipping around. A lot of people have just lagspikes I guess and it's not intentionally lagswitching. But at least dedicated servers will eliminate the issue of relaying on killers connection and this should be better. HOPEFULLY the killer experience will be still "good" (or maybe even better? You never know how well devs will implement it) in terms of hit detection, cuz one swing into nothingness can extend the chase longer as it should.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    Master said:

@Yamaoka said:

You definitely don't know how dedicated servers work. There is a "middle-man" between all players. If you ######### around with your connection in any way aka lagswitching, the middle-man doesn't care and noone else is suffering but the one who tried to lagswitch.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Yamaoka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Yamaoka said:

@Yamaoka From what I’ve heard, they are slowly releasing us better FPS over time in each little patch they give us.
    That's what was said... I just wish they would give us like little notes stating that they did some sort of optimization to console because I dont see anything in the notes 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    Yamaoka said:
    Tsulan said:
    Yamaoka said:
    I kinda agree with you, I get accused a lot for lagswitching while I see them skipping around. A lot of people have just lagspikes I guess and it's not intentionally lagswitching. But at least dedicated servers will eliminate the issue of relaying on killers connection and this should be better. HOPEFULLY the killer experience will be still "good" (or maybe even better? You never know how well devs will implement it) in terms of hit detection, cuz one swing into nothingness can extend the chase longer as it should.
    Dedicated servers could create new problems. 
    Changing a p2p game to one with dedicated servers is not an easy task. 
    Apart from the problem that players might live far away from the servers. 
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

finally, i wont be hit from 5 meters away

• Tsulan

finally, i wont be hit from 5 meters away

Bad luck Brian. 
    You'll be hit from 10 meters away. 
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@Tsulan said:
    HavelmomDaS1 said:

Tsulan said:

Yamaoka said:

Tsulan said:

Yamaoka said:

Quite obviously they wouldn't release them without good server coverage, the whole reason we waited so long is how difficult the task is... why so negative?

• Tsulan

@Tsulan said:
    HavelmomDaS1 said:

Tsulan said:

Yamaoka said:

Tsulan said:

Yamaoka said:

Quite obviously they wouldn't release them without good server coverage, the whole reason we waited so long is how difficult the task is... why so negative?

Good server coverage globally is expensive. 
    Bhvr isn't EA or Ubisoft. They don't have endless funds. 
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Is this actually gonna happen or just more fake news
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Master said:

@Yamaoka said:

You definitely don't know how dedicated servers work. There is a "middle-man" between all players. If you [BAD WORD] around with your connection in any way aka lagswitching, the middle-man doesn't care and noone else is suffering but the one who tried to lagswitch.

Maybe you wanna look up what was possible in the old rainbow six netcode, just to give you a rough idea.

• HavelmomDaS1
    Master said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Master said:

@Yamaoka said:

You definitely don't know how dedicated servers work. There is a "middle-man" between all players. If you [BAD WORD] around with your connection in any way aka lagswitching, the middle-man doesn't care and noone else is suffering but the one who tried to lagswitch.

Maybe you wanna look up what was possible in the old rainbow six netcode, just to give you a rough idea.

Tell me, not gonna waste time searching.