The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Particle Effects as cosmetics?

PinkEricka
PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
For anyone that does not know what Particle Effects are, they’re the moving pixels you see floating around your character when you have a lamp in your possession.

I’ve been asking about this for awhile now and I really think they should be added into the game. It’s a really pretty and a soothing aesthetic. 

i.e hearts floating around, a pink glow, a color rainbow changing shirt, & etc emitting from your character.

I think it would be a great way to earn money especially for auric cells. It would be really unique!

Comments

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

It would also be a great way to help the killer know where you are.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

But please dont cry about being tunneled then. Thanks

• PinkEricka
    edited February 2019
    @BigBadPiggy @Master Wear them at your own risk or make it to only where only your team mates can see it.

EDIT: And now that I think about it, it’s not that different from the Hallowed Blight cosmetics tbh.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited February 2019
    The effect should be more of a seasonal reward and only worn if you want attention by the killer... it's more of "flex" type thing... even if you just wanna look good, pretty etc.... it's taken by other players that you're saying you're good because the skin is noticeable 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    But I do agree that this is a nice fresh feel for cosmetics and should be implemented into the game 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I like this idea, it's not much different from putting on a legacy (which I do not own) or placing the brightest cosmetic options on Claudette (whom I do not play) . It would be nice to have something like this. Question though... Where would you equip it? And do survivors only get this? Or could killers get in on the particle option?

• PinkEricka
    Bravo0413 said:
    The effect should be more of a seasonal reward and only worn if you want attention by the killer... it's more of "flex" type thing... even if you just wanna look good, pretty etc.... it's taken by other players that you're saying you're good because the skin is noticeable 
    @Bravo0413 That’s actually a very good idea especially for rewarding devotion levels. I didn’t really think of it like that.
  • PinkEricka
    edited February 2019
    Shad03 said:

I like this idea, it's not much different from putting on a legacy (which I do not own) or placing the brightest cosmetic options on Claudette (whom I do not play) . It would be nice to have something like this. Question though... Where would you equip it? And do survivors only get this? Or could killers get in on the particle option?

@Shad03 In theory, the devs would make a new seperate slot specifically titled “particle effects” in customization for characters. 

They can be grinded for as devotion level rewards or bought for auric cells.

Survivors and Killers would be able to equip this!

I used to play Minecraft when I was little so this is something I’ve always thought of for the game haha.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited February 2019
    It needs to come with a super hero costume so you can be particle man.
    Particle man. Doing the things a particle can.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@PinkEricka said:
    Shad03 said:

@Shad03 In theory, the devs would make a new seperate slot specifically titled “particle effects” in customization for characters. 

They can be grinded for as devotion level rewards or bought for auric cells.

Survivors and Killers would be able to equip this!

I used to play Minecraft when I was little so this is something I’ve always thought of for the game haha.

I would love that. I think the Wraith could be a discount Enderman, which are my favorite mobs.