The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Earning the Hatch

In several threads, I’ve seen people complaining about how the people that usually get the hatch don’t deserve the hatch, so what in your opinion does someone have rondo to deserve a hatch escape?

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:
    I assume they mean Claudettes.

You see what happens is 3 gens get done, and 1 person dies. A 4th gen will probably have a good amount of progress on it too. This situation is still winnable. So 2 of the survivors go to work on those gens hoping to open the doors and get the team out...

....However Claudette doesn't play like that. She decides that now that the hatch is guarenteed to spawn she can activate her natural camouflage and go hide in the basement or in a bush or a dark corner.

And so she does, and the other two survivors die whilst bravely trying to do the gens, and then they spectate and see Claudette stick her cowardly little head out from whatever rock shes been hiding behind and run straight across to the hatch because they all know exactly where it is.

Some claudettes even give up as soon as the first gen is done.

These survivors often do very little for the team and manage to escape just due to the fact that they hid at the edge of the map for most of the game.

F***ing Claudette's

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    That's why the hatch is such a flawed mechanic. If they made it something you had to work on to open, maybe a progress bar similar to a totem, it could help. Not a perfect fix tho
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

NO survivor "deserves" the hatch, as it in itself is a pity escape for survivors not having managed to do their objectives. that it even gives more bp than a normal escape is ridicilous.
    It only exists because survivors would instantly give up, not continue trying to actually do their objective or stall the game just out of spite.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Last survivor should have to open the hatch, no key just a set time or rng to pull it open. Once open have the entity build around it until shutting it off for toying with its patience. Survivors get to keep their last chance and killers don't have to force an escape.
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Personally i think they should alter it so you cannot hatch if slugged. Right now the killer loses 90% of the time unless the survivor is braindead. The survivor is 100% in control.

He can run away and do a gen and try for the door, unless he makes a mistake and gets grabbed if the killer turns up all he has to do is take a hit and run back to the hatch.

Right now the killer swings he loses even if the survivor is slugged.

And stuff hatch standoff its an absolute waste of time for both parties involved i would rather just get back into another game.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I almost always give Laurie the hatch.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I ignore the hatch. I've already won at that point and the match ends quicker that way. It just isn't worth the time wasted guarding it.

If you are the last survivor and you can avoid me, you've earned it.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Maybe if they earn somewhere between 3k, and 5k points in the match.
  • feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

I don't think you have to 'earn' hatch. Some survivors play really scummy and camp hatch, and don't make saves or don't do gens. That sucks and both killers and other survivors hate it when it happens, but that doesn't mean you should punish everyone else that play fair and contribute to getting out by getting rid of a mechanic because a few trolls use it selfishly. Some Killers hate the hatch because 4k is equated to winning, even with a 3k and two hooks on the last survivors its like pokemon to them, gotta catch them all, or I didn't win. Same with some survivors. If you don't exit, you didn't win. I play for the bloodpoints and the fun of the game. Maybe if I had maxed out everyone I'd feel different. I do play killer on Xbox, mostly because I'm a controller gamer, so I'm starting to understand the grind from both sides.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

I've grown so bitter of the hatch I've taken to just bodyblocking it and going AFK so Survivors will have to ######### do gens instead of getting a free escape.
    An idea I once proposed was to have a key spawn in the basement (along with the basement chest) that a Survivor would need to take the hatch. They could take it for a future match or take it during the match to escape. This would give the Killer two spots to defend instead of one and would give the basement more importance. While the Killer could just camp the basement as soon as the Survivor realized what was going on they could easily just do gens instead.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@The_Crusader said:

You see what happens is 3 gens get done, and 1 person dies. A 4th gen will probably have a good amount of progress on it too. This situation is still winnable. So 2 of the survivors go to work on those gens hoping to open the doors and get the team out...

....However Claudette doesn't play like that. She decides that now that the hatch is guarenteed to spawn she can activate her natural camouflage and go hide in the basement or in a bush or a dark corner.

And so she does, and the other two survivors die whilst bravely trying to do the gens, and then they spectate and see Claudette stick her cowardly little head out from whatever rock shes been hiding behind and run straight across to the hatch because they all know exactly where it is.

These survivors often do very little for the team and manage to escape just due to the fact that they hid at the edge of the map for most of the game.

:(

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

If a survivor I particularly like is still living, I am gonna give them the hatch. That's when they "deserve" the hatch in my opinion. When they made the game more fun for me.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@The_Crusader said:

This is not sarcasm.

This comment is the most beautiful description I have ever read on this forum. You should consider writing a book or something.

I am impressed.

• KoolaidInMyCup
    KoolaidInMyCup Member Posts: 20

@Steamtastic_Vagabond said:
    In several threads, I’ve seen people complaining about how the people that usually get the hatch don’t deserve the hatch, so what in your opinion does someone have rondo to deserve a hatch escape?

As frustrating as it is to see the worst person on your team who just sandbagged the whole game away get the hatch, the truth is in the pudding. They outlived you. Next time outlive them.

Thats just a fact we have to accept and move on to the next game.

• KoolaidInMyCup
    KoolaidInMyCup Member Posts: 20

@JawsIsTheNextKiller said:
    I ignore the hatch. I've already won at that point and the match ends quicker that way. It just isn't worth the time wasted guarding it.

If you are the last survivor and you can avoid me, you've earned it.

You're my hero. I see way too many killers nowadays who are so ######### obsessed with the 4k they will literally sit there for 40 minutes guarding the hatch when they couldve done two more games in that time.

Its so dumb.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Unless the gate closes once 3 survivors escaped, there is no deserved hatch.
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    If an exit gate is started, the hatch should despawn. 

I am so sick and tired of THOSE survivors who can’t just go, they force the already won game to go on even further and hold the killer hostage by looking for the hatch for extra bp and bm. Nah THEY don’t deserve it. The only ones that actually deserve it are the final survivors who played the game and didn’t give me toxicity. 

I also think if survivors REMAIN in the map after the gates are open (or tier 2 or 3 to avoid abuse of mechanics) the Entity should reveal their auras to the killer. 
  • feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

@pemberley said:
    If an exit gate is started, the hatch should despawn. 

I am so sick and tired of THOSE survivors who can’t just go, they force the already won game to go on even further and hold the killer hostage by looking for the hatch for extra bp and bm. Nah THEY don’t deserve it. The only ones that actually deserve it are the final survivors who played the game and didn’t give me toxicity. 

I also think if survivors REMAIN in the map after the gates are open (or tier 2 or 3 to avoid abuse of mechanics) the Entity should reveal their auras to the killer. 

I agree that after 2-3 minutes once the gates are open all survivors still on the map should be revealed. It's ridiculous when they hold the game hostage at the end. Everyone just wants to get on to the next game.