The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do bans get handed out?

The only person in recent memory that i can think of that has been banned from dbd is Ochido. Although I want to know do the devs like actually ban people for just normal toxicity. Like I just saw a post of some guy calling someone the n-word and hoping they get raped. I'm 100% sure he hasn't even been soft banned. So do the devs even care about toxicity like this happening regularly often in their game? Because if they did they would ban people like this. Don't know why they just don't take a lesson from the Overwatch team and copy their system.

Comments

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794
    edited February 2019

That's me. Here's the chat you're referring to, and two other chats from other games. I only screencap the worst ones. Seems camping when gates are open envokes rage amongst players (even though the rest of the game was camp-less).

• DuckApproved
    DuckApproved Member Posts: 90

@kamisen Like you have evidence of some real toxic players saying some real nasty things, but as sad as it is nothing is going to happen to them. I'm actually fine with ######### talking most of the time, but I never take it this far. I would just like to see some people receive a tempoary ban just to put some fear into the community. People in this community just take it way to far some times, going as far as to comment on my steam profile. I enjoy the salt as much as the next guy, but this I the most toxic community i've ever been in.

• kamisen

@DuckApproved said:
    @kamisen Like you have evidence of some real toxic players saying some real nasty things, but as sad as it is nothing is going to happen to them. I'm actually fine with ######### talking most of the time, but I never take it this far. I would just like to see some people receive a tempoary ban just to put some fear into the community. People in this community just take it way to far some times, going as far as to comment on my steam profile. I enjoy the salt as much as the next guy, but this I the most toxic community i've ever been in.

Yeah. This is really bad. These types of comments would be a criminal offense in many countries. Salt is one thing, we all feel bad after a ######### game, but this is harassment. I'm gonna keep doing my thing though. Screencacp --> Report --> Rinse and repeat.

• Fizz
    Fizz Member Posts: 71

Don't hide their names, they don't deserve the curtsy of that.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

The sad part is the DBD forums are much more strict on the rules and bans than the game itself. The forums even censor offensive words and phrases too yet the game doesn't?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, they get handed out.

• Fizz

I've not seen a stream do anything that would require a ban though, are you just assuming all streamers are toxic? There is a difference in playing a game and taking advantage of what the game gives you even if it's a cheap way of playing than say calling someone the N word or telling them to go kill themselves.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Fizz said:

You have to, or it's considered naming and shaming, which could get you banned off the forum.

• kamisen

@Fizz said:

As already mentioned, I have to. Mentioning their names could get me banned - ironically. I think this clash is about the publicity of the forum versus the "privacy" of in-game. Its probably different legal spaces. It doesn't bother me though as I don't want to shame anyone. I want to address what I consider to be a real problem in this community.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,908

Yes bans are handed out, if reports are made and the evidence is supplied.

You might not notice that a person has got banned because temporary bans do not show on players profiles but I can assure you the team of ACM's works very hard dealing with the reports and banning players. You even see posts here cropping up from someone asking why they got banned.

• kamisen

@MandyTalk said:
    Yes bans are handed out, if reports are made and the evidence is supplied.

You might not notice that a person has got banned because temporary bans do not show on players profiles but I can assure you the team of ACM's works very hard dealing with the reports and banning players. You even see posts here cropping up from someone asking why they got banned.

This is very nice to hear!

• Fizz
    edited February 2019

I've edited this cause I'm a bit tilted after having a 3 out of 4 SWF's group dc from my game because I was playing leatherface but still I'm surprised that naming and shaming is a thing on here, considering you only really wanna do it when someone has said some nasty things.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited February 2019
    Fizz said:

I've edited this cause I'm a bit tilted after having a 3 out of 4 SWF's group dc from my game because I was playing leatherface but still I'm surprised that naming and shaming is a thing on here, considering you only really wanna do it when someone has said some nasty things.

I thibk its more for things like "dont play against jhonny depp he camped" kind of things(pleaae dont be a jhonny depp)
    Edit: but since technically saying x person swore racist names, is technically naming. And shaming then Because now many people know not to play with em