The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4 Wait times

Any news on when this is being fixed? 40 minute wait regardless of if its solo, duo or 4man.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Not enough killers. Does that really surprise you, knowing how much ######### they have to put up with?

• Orion

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:
    Not enough killers. Does that really surprise you, knowing how much ######### they have to put up with?

I think the recent incarnations of the last few big patches have been quite killer sided if im honest. The event isn't very killer friendly I accept that.

None of those patches have stopped the hate and vitriol from survivors, nor have they stopped them from trolling and exploiting (holding the game hostage, taunting the killer, etc.).
    Killers are tired of playing what is arguably the more vital role in this asymmetrical game and getting ######### on for doing so. Now it's the survivors' turn. You want shorter wait times? Play killer.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Orion said:

What #########? I'm getting more progress as a killer than as a survivor.
    As a survivor a match takes about 15 min plus 10-15 more min of queues. Assuming i escape with the vessel twice with all 5 gens done i get 90 of progress in 1 hour.
    As a killer i've been getting the average of 27 with instalobbies. That means that i get about 108 in the same time.
  • Orion

@qtSpiritMain said:

@Orion said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

I think the recent incarnations of the last few big patches have been quite killer sided if im honest. The event isn't very killer friendly I accept that.

None of those patches have stopped the hate and vitriol from survivors, nor have they stopped them from trolling and exploiting (holding the game hostage, taunting the killer, etc.).
    Killers are tired of playing what is arguably the more vital role in this asymmetrical game and getting ######### on for doing so. Now it's the survivors' turn. You want shorter wait times? Play killer.

People paid for a full game.
    Not 50%.

The guy wants shorter wait times, he should be granted shorter wait times .
    Simple logic.

Look.

Unhappy Customers+Unresponsive Company = No Income.

People paid for a full game, yes, but this isn't a problem that can be solved by BHVR. The problem is survivors being complete ######### to killers. They're actively trying to ruin killers' reputations and get them banned. It was only a matter of time until they left in droves. The event isn't the cause; it's just the last straw.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Orion said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

I do play killer. What do you suggest if I want to play with my partner and the times are still very long?

• Orion

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

I do play killer. What do you suggest if I want to play with my partner and the times are still very long?

Reading back on my comments, I realize it sounds like I was blaming you, personally, for this BS. It's not the case, and I apologize.
    In all honesty, you'd probably do well to have a board game you can play while waiting for a lobby, if the queue times are as bad as you say. Something shorter than Monopoly.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Orion said:

It's PS4, do you know what survivors have to deal with?
  • Orion

@Broosmeister said:

Admittedly I don't play on PS4, but I doubt they have to deal with killers actively trying to ruin their reputations and getting them banned, or the volume of hate and general toxicity that killers have to deal with.

• TeambossFloze

@Orion said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

Reading back on my comments, I realize it sounds like I was blaming you, personally, for this BS. It's not the case, and I apologize.
    In all honesty, you'd probably do well to have a board game you can play while waiting for a lobby, if the queue times are as bad as you say. Something shorter than Monopoly.

no offence taken

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@qtSpiritMain

Console queue times were bad before the event, people have been complaining about it in the last several weeks.

Also @Orion is right. Even though both sides can be #########, this post game chat belongs to the survivor side. Killer wins? Survivors ######### talk. Killer loses? Survivors ######### talk. Killer camps or tunnels? ######### talk. Plays the game normally? ######### talk.

Sometimes killers ######### talk too but in my experience, if 1 killer ######### talks, 10 survivors ######### talk in return. Playing killers on consoles is already difficult, most probably they don't want to put up with bullshit.

• TeambossFloze

Ive noticed that the wait times for queues has deteriorated a lot over the past two weeks. You would think they would increase with an event, this is why I think its more related to glitch/bug more so than player activity

• Orion
    edited February 2019

@TeambossFloze said:
    Ive noticed that the wait times for queues has deteriorated a lot over the past two weeks. You would think they would increase with an event, this is why I think its more related to glitch/bug more so than player activity

If it were a bug, it'd affect killers' lobbies as well, and at least some survivors would have normal lobbies. However, this is a widespread phenomenon on the survivor side, and killer lobbies are as quick as you'd expect if almost nobody was playing killer. In short, people are playing, they're just not playing the punching bag role.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@TeambossFloze said:

When killers were not able to find enough survivors to play the game and said that it was because of a bug, I asked the same question.

If the lobbies are bugged, why as a survivor I get insta lobbies but as a killer I have to wait?

Now, lets change it

If the lobbies are bugged, why as a killer I get insta lobbies but as a survivor I have to wait?

I think that there is just not enough killers for survivors to play.

• Broosmeister
    edited February 2019
    Orion said:

@Broosmeister said:

Admittedly I don't play on PS4, but I doubt they have to deal with killers actively trying to ruin their reputations and getting them banned, or the volume of hate and general toxicity that killers have to deal with.

You don't play on PS4? Literally at least 80% of the killers here camp & tunnel without it being needed. Console killers are sweaty toxic try hards with 0 skill
  • TeambossFloze

@Delfador said:

Fair enough.

• Orion

@Delfador said:

@TeambossFloze said:

When killers were not able to find enough survivors to play the game and said that it was because of a bug, I asked the same question.

If the lobbies are bugged, why as a survivor I get insta lobbies but as a killer I have to wait?

Now, lets change it

If the lobbies are bugged, why as a killer I get insta lobbies but as a survivor I have to wait?

When the lobbies were bugged, a certain percentage of players on both sides had normal queue times. This is because lobby bugs don't affect everyone equally.
    Now, however, we have long queue times for all the players on one side and short queue times for all the players on the other. This is not a bug, it's a population issue.

• Orion

@Broosmeister said:
    You don't play on PS4? Literally at least 80% of the killers here camp & tunnel without it being needed. Console killers are sweaty toxic try hards with 0 skill

So they use strategies you don't like. Do you think that justifies the death threats, telling people to commit suicide, racist and homophobic slurs, actively trying to ruin reputations and getting people banned?

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Would you blame anyone wanting to play at 15 fps as killer
  • Broosmeister
    Orion said:

So they use strategies you don't like. Do you think that justifies the death threats, telling people to commit suicide, racist and homophobic slurs, actively trying to ruin reputations and getting people banned?

Oh, you mean the ######### killers say too? 
    Ruin reputations and getting people banned? ######### do you even mean lol, how will i get someone banned if he didn't do anything wrong. I'm very curious. And ruin reputations? ######### do you even mean with that? Reputations in a game lol wow that has to be one of the saddest thing i've ever heard. 

I play just as much killer as survivor and sometimes survivors get salty and just bitches about something small, and killers all have a plain toxic playstyle to ruin the game for everybody just to get their sweaty ass kills. Also they ######### about everything too. It's not that survivors are worse than killers, it just isn't.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TeambossFloze said:
    Any news on when this is being fixed? 40 minute wait regardless of if its solo, duo or 4man.

Just play killer

• Master

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

Uhm what?

BT buff
    DS not being nerfed
    Prove thyself
    Window buff
    BBQ nerf

• Master

@Broosmeister said:
    Orion said:

@Broosmeister said:

Killers have become what you made them.
    In the beginning everyone was so nice, but then pedochido and stuff started. You guys on the consoles skipped the nice phase and pretty much jumped right into the toxicity, Im not surprised about the current situation if you treat every newcomer killer like Ive seen in certain videos.

• Broosmeister
    Master said:

Killers have become what you made them.
    In the beginning everyone was so nice, but then pedochido and stuff started. You guys on the consoles skipped the nice phase and pretty much jumped right into the toxicity, Im not surprised about the current situation if you treat every newcomer killer like Ive seen in certain videos.

Justifying toxic behaviour because a few rotten apples who play survivor shine some flashlights and T-Bag. 

You are defending the exact behaviour of those survivors just because it's about the killers now.

Toxic people are everywhere, i'm not saying there are no toxic survivors, i'm just saying that a killer can ruin the whole match for everyone by being toxic as well. I might as well say that the survivors have become what killers made of them. But that would be a ######### argument. 
  • Broosmeister

It doesn't happen as often as you think on console.
    Sony and Microsoft get involved when someone gets out of hand and warnings are sent within the hour.

That's true, you can get banned for almost everything on PSN. That's why i'm talking more about playstyle than just toxic messages, because those come from both sides.
  • Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

there is nothing to fix if ppl dont want to play killer. last patches were pretty survivor sided again and the event is just a hell for killers. cant blame them if they want to play survivor now

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@qtSpiritMain said:

@Orion said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Orion said:

People paid for a full game.
    Not 50%.

The guy wants shorter wait times, he should be granted shorter wait times .
    Simple logic.

Look.

Unhappy Customers+Unresponsive Company = No Income.

A company can't force people into playing the other half of the game (killer) if they are choosing not too. Its going to take a lot more "fixing" to convince players over there during the event.

• Broosmeister

"few rotten apples"

Man, I can say, with all responsibility, that most of the survivors are toxic as hell, at least on mid-high ranks. When I play against non toxic people, who even say gg at the end, this is like a big event to me.

Why are you guys trying to brush away the fact that killers are toxic as hell too?

I'm talking about PS4, we don't have an end game chat. A 'gg' is rare because you have to go to the profile of the people you played with to just send them something. People don't do that, killer or survivor. 

I can say that when i play killer in higher ranks, less than 25% of the survivors are toxic. And sometimes you play against 1 toxic guy so i just ignore him and find somebody else.

But when i play survivor, i face toxic killers almost every game. They all play dirty and use cheap "tactics" to win which isn't fun for anyone. Even from the start of the game with 5 gens left and ruin still up you will get hardcore proxycamped. Survivors with DS, Adrenaline, Sprintburst and Self Car or BT with instaheals or purple toolboxes are no different, yet they are considered toxic & sweaty while killers get a pass, and whenever someone who plays survivor says anything about it, then he is suddenly whiny and survivors are OP.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Broosmeister said:
    RushingSnipeBob said:

"few rotten apples"

Man, I can say, with all responsibility, that most of the survivors are toxic as hell, at least on mid-high ranks. When I play against non toxic people, who even say gg at the end, this is like a big event to me.

Why are you guys trying to brush away the fact that killers are toxic as hell too?

I'm talking about PS4, we don't have an end game chat. A 'gg' is rare because you have to go to the profile of the people you played with to just send them something. People don't do that, killer or survivor. 

I can say that when i play killer in higher ranks, less than 25% of the survivors are toxic. And sometimes you play against 1 toxic guy so i just ignore him and find somebody else.

But when i play survivor, i face toxic killers almost every game. They all play dirty and use cheap "tactics" to win which isn't fun for anyone. Even from the start of the game with 5 gens left and ruin still up you will get hardcore proxycamped. Survivors with DS, Adrenaline, Sprintburst and Self Car or BT with instaheals or purple toolboxes are no different, yet they are considered toxic & sweaty while killers get a pass, and whenever someone who plays survivor says anything about it, then he is suddenly whiny and survivors are OP.

You must be new to the forums because I'd say this cesspool is an even split of people fighting "Survivor mains/Killer mains". Why can't we all just agree that EVERYONE sucks and all be unhappy together?

• Broosmeister

You must be new to the forums because I'd say this cesspool is an even split of people fighting "Survivor mains/Killer mains". Why can't we all just agree that EVERYONE sucks and all be unhappy together?

I agree, let's all be miserable together and die in a corner of our rooms while crying. Seems like a perfect plan. 

Problem is, i play both survivor and killer, but playing vs toxic killers bother me more than playing vs toxic survivors. Maybe i'm just a better killer than survivor. 

Or maybe as a killer you can keep trying to kill someone while as a survivor being camped, you can do absolutely nothing, no BT? Get smacked down instantly after being unhooked, you may have found a game, but you can't play because all you can do is hang on a hook or lie on the ground. People don't notice this problem and just whine about perks being OP or something.