The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors working with killers

Is there any way to actually get a report done for survivors that work with killers? I literally had someone sandbag me and animation cancel till I got to second stage on the hook. then to top it off the killer gives them a lantern and the hatch.
I don't record my matches because I don't have space like that on my laptop. Does the in game report even work?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Griefing does not require a customer support ticket. See here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system
    And yes, the in-game report does work.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

Really backwards for punishing a survivor to play towards their win-condition imo.

Only game-throwers should be reported.

• TangledNoodles
    TangledNoodles Member Posts: 248

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    Really backwards for punishing a survivor to play towards their win-condition imo.

So if someone animation canceled you to stage 2 or till you die they shouldn't be reported?

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@TangledNoodles

So if someone animation canceled you to stage 2 or till you die they shouldn't be reported?

If the killer tries to kill him/her and he/she just wants you to die then yes, because they are game-throwing and trying to lose.
    If they are teaming with the killer, you shouldn't report them. They are just playing for pips and obeying the win-condition set in place. You should have probably sided with the killer too. By not doing so, you deliberately avoid playing to your win-condition.

If the killer tries to kill you while you aren't escaping, you could report the killer for not siding with their teammates, although if they hang everybody and double pip, that'd cancel your reason to report them.

If the killer did not pip as a result of cooperating with the other survivor, then you could consider reporting the killer for not trying to win.

That is of course if you only report for game-throwing; then you shouldn't ban people when they are trying to win (which is the purpose of nearly every competitive game).

The emblem system made it more complex than it needed to be.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@TangledNoodles said:

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

According to the rules and common sense, yes, they should be.