The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is telling survivor locations to killer bannable?

Soo a survivor admitted at the end chat that he added the killer to snitch on other survivor, I reported him in the category of working with the killer

But is this bannable? and if soo can devs actually see the chat where he admits this?

Comments

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Yes but nothing is ever going to be done about it.
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    edited February 2019
    Playing with friends to snitch on other players is fine until someone makes friends with the Killer.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Using voice comms is not bannable, otherwise SWF would be in some serious trouble

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

It's bannable, yes, but you'd need some sort of proof like screenshots or a video where the behaviour is seen/admitted to.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited February 2019
    "Working with the Killer" is a bannable offense, and realistically speaking this usually only means a premeditated thing.

If the Killer is chasing you, and you see a Dwight enter a locker and you point him to the Killer to save yourself, that isn't "working with the Killer." It's sandbagging your teammate to save your own ass.

Scummy, but not bannable and is a valid strategy at that.

But as far as your case, yes that is bannable. He directly added the Killer to work with him. Screw that guy.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Master said:

Using voice comms is not bannable, otherwise SWF would be in some serious trouble.

This is the most troll answer I have ever seen from you @Master. Regardless if the method is voice communication, via private message, and etc. it's bannable to work with the killer, period.
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

Using voice comms is not bannable, otherwise SWF would be in some serious trouble.

This is the most troll answer I have ever seen from you @Master. Regardless if the method is voice communication, via private message, and etc. it's bannable to work with the killer, period.
    Yea be careful not to say it too loud because I was told I was full of ######### in another post for saying that someone has done to me what op had happen to them, apparently if it goes against anyone's views on here it cant be true and never happened
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, it's bannable.

• Master
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

How are you supposed to prove this though? There must be really noticeable ingame actions for a bann . Cause simply telling the killer your location via comms is not enough 
  • EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

It would depend on degrees and frequency, if someone is deliberatley getting into lobbies with a killer and working with them to grief other players, then yes thats bannable, but also very difficult and I dont think I have ever had a game like that.

Things like pointing out a hiding survivor, killing yourself on hook, etc. I had a game really recently where it got to the last survivor and 4 gens were up, so there was no hatch. And the last survivor was just hiding for at least 10 min before his team-mate messaged me to say he was in the basement. That was more just to end the game rather than drag out an already lost game, but is technically still working with the killer.

I guess the best thing would be if in doubt, get whatever evidence you have and report, they might not get banned for that instance but if they are consistently being reported for the same behavior then the mod team should pick them up eventually.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Maybe they will get a lucky temp ban for it. If they admitted that in the end game chat and you filed the ingame report, that chat log gets sent in with the report.

There leaves no doubt on a ban when the offender admits to the offense.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@weirdkid5 said:
    "Working with the Killer" is a bannable offense, and realistically speaking this usually only means a premeditated thing.

This. If they come into the game with the plan for the survivor to rat out others to the killer then it's bannable.

But if you sandbag other survivors by pointing at lockers or run to them with Bond to avoid the killer taking you it's not bannable. After all the saying goes "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun YOU".

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Why are Survivors always so keen to call out lockers? Hiding in a locker was never easy, especially now with the new Perk against it. If you can pull off the locker escape, you deserve it! Let them have their fun, don't /point at them.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    So working with the killer and sandbagging other survivors are bannable....yet the devs keep pushing ways for survivors to play against each other.

Its almost like that is a bad idea? Who would have guessed. Encourage cooperation please.
  • weirdkid5
    So working with the killer and sandbagging other survivors are bannable....yet the devs keep pushing ways for survivors to play against each other.

Its almost like that is a bad idea? Who would have guessed. Encourage cooperation please.
    It isnt bannable, did you even read the thread? Pointing out teammates isn't working with the Killer, it's throwing them under the bus so you can escape.

Now if you die and add the Killer to tell him where your team is, or load into the game with a Killer planning to ruin the game for everyone else, then yes that is bannable.
  • The_Crusader
    edited February 2019
    weirdkid5 said:

It isnt bannable, did you even read the thread? Pointing out teammates isn't working with the Killer, it's throwing them under the bus so you can escape.

Now if you die and add the Killer to tell him where your team is, or load into the game with a Killer planning to ruin the game for everyone else, then yes that is bannable.
    Yet under the report section one part says "working with the killer".

How is that not working with the killer?
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 said:

Because they clarified this in a Stream once before. You're being opportunistic and finding a chance to escape, you DON'T have to work with your team, the store description straight up says "work with your team, or don't." Body blocking teammates so they die and YOU can get away is also a valid strategy.

You aren't actively working with the Killer if he's also trying to Kill you. It's quite obvious when someone is working with the Killer and when they are trying to escape, mostly because teamers don't tend to harm each other and the Killer usually let's his buddy survive.

If I see you go into a locker and the Killer is trying to kill me, if I point at the locker to give you away, that isn't "working with the Killer." It's the same concept if we were running away from a group of Zombies, and then I trip you so they eat you instead and allow me to get away.

Scummy? Yes. Bannable? No.
  • Orion

@weirdkid5 said:

Re-read the OP. The guy added the killer so they could work together. In this case, it's bannable.

• weirdkid5
    edited February 2019
    Orion said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Re-read the OP. The guy added the killer so they could work together. In this case, it's bannable.

Reread the thread. I addressed this in my first post.

You falsely reported a dude a few days ago because you thought he was naming and shaming when he was clearly speaking about himself. Cmon fam, don't do this. Read what people say and pay attention.
  • The_Crusader
    weirdkid5 said:
    weirdkid5 said:

Because they clarified this in a Stream once before. You're being opportunistic and finding a chance to escape, you DON'T have to work with your team, the store description straight up says "work with your team, or don't." Body blocking teammates so they die and YOU can get away is also a valid strategy.

You aren't actively working with the Killer if he's also trying to Kill you. It's quite obvious when someone is working with the Killer and when they are trying to escape, mostly because teamers don't tend to harm each other and the Killer usually let's his buddy survive.

If I see you go into a locker and the Killer is trying to kill me, if I point at the locker to give you away, that isn't "working with the Killer." It's the same concept if we were running away from a group of Zombies, and then I trip you so they eat you instead and allow me to get away.

Ok and judging by this event most people don't like this.

In fact survivors playing like this puts you at a massive disadvantage as a solo survivor so you might as well just stick to SWF.....then killer mains cry because SWF are far more powerful due to voice comms and strategy.

I still think they need to drop this playing against each other idea and encourage more teanwork.
  • weirdkid5
    edited February 2019

In fact survivors playing like this puts you at a massive disadvantage as a solo survivor so you might as well just stick to SWF.....then killer mains cry because SWF are far more powerful due to voice comms and strategy.

I still think they need to drop this playing against each other idea and encourage more teanwork.
    If they don't like it they can get over it or play another game. I'm a solo survivor so dont sit here and act like this negatively affects me, it doesn't. I could care less about my team and they are irrelevant to my survival, unless I get hooked, but if I don't get hooked in the first place it's not an issue.

I've been sandbagged, only to sandbag the guy back and then teabag him while he's hooked and let him die. It's hilarious.

I bought this game when it came out for the solo experience. If they make this game more team oriented I'll permanently leave and never come back honestly.
  • The_Crusader
    edited February 2019
    weirdkid5 said:
    weirdkid5 said:
    weirdkid5 said:

If they don't like it they can get over it or play another game. I'm a solo survivor so dont sit here and act like this negatively affects me, it doesn't. I could care less about my team and they are irrelevant to my survival, unless I get hooked, but if I don't get hooked in the first place it's not an issue.

I bought this game when it came out for the solo experience. If they make this game more team oriented I'll permanently leave and never come back honestly.
    Ok ans that's fine.

I'm on the opposite end if it ever becomes more like this event then I'll stop playing. There's nothing more boring than waiting for your team to die so you can get the hatch. Theres no point doing gens if nobody else is doing them.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 said:
    weirdkid5 said:
    weirdkid5 said:

Ok ans that's fine.

I'm on the opposite end if it ever becomes more like this event then I'll stop playing. There's nothing more boring than waiting for your team to die so you can get the hatch.
    Nothing is stopping you from trying to save. I've gotten plenty of clutch saves on survivors that are being camped, as long as it isn't face camping.

I play this game without perks. It's easy enough as it is.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@weirdkid5 said:

Not entirely. There was a streamer who got a temp ban because they were pointing out survivors to the killer in the match, and they weren't friends with the killer. One of the survivors this happened to, took the streamers video and used that against them to get them banned for 24 hours.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Master said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

How are you supposed to prove this though? There must be really noticeable ingame actions for a bann . Cause simply telling the killer your location via comms is not enough 
    Some things are obvious such as a Dwight with bond leading the killer around, that's working with the killer. If the killer specifically targets you especially when there are other survivors to be targeted, that's a sign (unless you did something to make the killer mad). Usually when a survivor is working with the killer, the survivor buddy will almost always see the light of day while others don't.

If in a doubt, report it. Just make sure you add a explanation saying that, "Working with the killer: I think they are working with [Insert steam profile here]." It's better to be safe than sorry later and besides, what you don't see is what the ACMs see so they might catch some suspicious activity.
  • Master

@Nickenzie said:
    Master said:

Nickenzie said:

Master said:

Some things are obvious such as a Dwight with bond leading the killer around, that's working with the killer. If the killer specifically targets you especially when there are other survivors to be targeted, that's a sign (unless you did something to make the killer mad). Usually when a survivor is working with the killer, the survivor buddy will almost always see the light of day while others don't.

If in a doubt, report it. Just make sure you add a explanation saying that, "Working with the killer: I think they are working with [Insert steam profile here]." It's better to be safe than sorry later and besides, what you don't see is what the ACMs see so they might catch some suspicious activity.

Well that would be an obvious, case, but thats not the situation the OP has described.
    When a killer specifically targets a certain survivor even though there are others in sight, then this is tunneling which is not bannable as the devs told us.

Of course you can use that tactic and report anything "suspicious". In that case I seriously hope that the BHVR support has some proper filters for the reports.....

• Orion

@weirdkid5 said:
    Reread the thread. I addressed this in my first post.

You falsely reported a dude a few days ago because you thought he was naming and shaming when he was clearly speaking about himself. Cmon fam, don't do this. Read what people say and pay attention.

In my defense, it's easy to miss one comment among dozens.
    As for that other incident, there were people in the thread itself and even the mods who misunderstood the OP. So no, they were not "clearly" speaking about anything.