The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hallowed Blight or Moonrise Event

Alien
Alien Member Posts: 25
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Okay so the Moonrise Event has been out for a few days now, I want to know what everyone thinks. Is the Moonrise event better then the Hallowed Blight event or vise versa and why? Personally I liked Hallowed Blight more, even with its faults, I just find the Moonrise event to be kind of boring.

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Was a lot more to Hallowed Blight since Halloween kinds is this games big annual thing

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Hallowed Blight, I got more bps and it was just more fun overall.  Plus the cosmetics were much better and there were more to choose from
  • BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

If you mean having fun playing the game , then I'd say no event is the best. Events just make the game not fun.
    During the flowers event people run around doing F all and look for those flowers and then killers get easy 4k with no gens done.
    During the current event you see people run around looking for lanterns instead , and they don't bother saving in the end because they rather escape with lantern. And even mid game people would rather rush gens to get the event currency. Hell , I even got purposely bodyblocked by another survivor cuz I had the lantern...
    The only events that were not that bad were the older ones where there was no extra objective other than some special gens and hooks.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

This event's objectives are a lot more fun than Halloween's, but the distribution of points is a lot stingier. In short it's more fun but is more of a grind.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited February 2019

I liked the BBQ event a lot better, cause not only BP, but the item was actually exclusive to the event, which gave more value and more reason to obtain said item.

While not completely perfect, it was a lot less toxic than this one and Blight. Simpler as well.

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

Hallowed blight

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Last years howling grounds.
    No joke.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    The thing is.... the hollowed blight was lore based and Halloween 2 very big things for this game so to compare the two is kind of rough... I liked the blight because of the points but this event is great.... you can glow like tinkerbell.... come on! Lol
  • Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221
    edited February 2019

I liked hallowed blight best. It gave survivors something to do except gens and killers didn't care whether you did your extra objective or not. Matches were longer and I sensed an overall "let's just have fun!" attitude. Most players didn't care whether they escaped after all flowers were sucked dry, so might as well play the rest of the game without being tryhard.
    I am aware of players complaining about some people who did a "harvest and suicide" in order to fill their points quicker, but I played A LOT during that event and I can't say I observed that often. Maybe because I usually only hover around rank 10.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited February 2019

Hallowed blight was better, more offerings in the bloodweb, more bloodpoints and more skins.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    I think both had flaws. The problem is that the hallowed blight led to a lot of farming and suicide, whereas this event really doesn't reward the killer at all for participating. 
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

In terms of Gameplay:
    1) Howling Grounds
    2) Summer BBQ
    3) Moonrise
    4) Hallowed Blight

In terms of Lore or Atmosphere:
    1) Hallowed Blight
    2) Howling Grounds/Summer BBQ/
    3) Moonrise

In terms of Theme Music:
    1) Moonrise
    2) Summer BBQ
    3) Hallowed Blight
    4) Howling Grounds (didn't have any special theme music)

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Hallowed Blight by far.

I mean it was really stupid seeing survivors suicide for nectar but it was fun lol you run around hoping to fill your vial and dgaf about anything else. Whatever happens after that you couldn't care less, not even if you got facecamped because you already had points from the plants.
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Well, i missed out on the summer event, but from what i can tell is that most people liked it. And if i was present during it, i would have liked it as well. But since we are talking about two of the worst events in DBD history, I would probably go with moonrise.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    Hallowed Blight
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    Hallowed blight, even though it caused problems it was more fun and the looks and audio were nice.

Personally I think moonrise is the worst event so far, mainly due to them pitting survivors vs survivors and killers, to lose the lantern after being hooked means people don't want to and often dont save removing part of the game play.

I think the lanterns are nice, escaping with them are nice but you should keep what you harvest as survivor or get them by doing gens and then depositing them, the killer should fill the lantern on the hook they put the survivor on and harvest that.

This way each side is doing an objective and can still play the game normally, I like that they are looking into trying new objectives but like the hallowed blight it creates more issues than it solved and makes the game less fun which is the opposite of what an event should do.

If they wish to add more objectives to a match l wish they would just do a ptb with some actual meaningful gameplay changes.
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Hallowed Blight any day over this crap.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

All of the events prior to Hallowed Blight, were by far more fun for both sides. The hooks were sometimes a little too difficult on the killer side, but it was still fun. Hallowed Blight was utter crap! It wasn’t even DbD, it was something else. The Moonrise Event is significantly better than the Hallowed Blight, but again, the event planners had their heads up their asses when considering the point distribution, and pitting survivors against each other.

The so called bug fixed in the last hotfix, was the only good thing about the event, and now it’s gone. The survivor side NEEDS to be cooperative, not competitive, and the killer needs to get like 3x as many points as he does now. You can have a 4K and only get 12 points, due to the event planners not understanding anything about the players who play the game.

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295

Hallowed blight was bad but it’s still better than this one.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Out of the two I choose hallowed blight. While I didn't have the time for the grind it was rich in BP and you could summon more event items. Now you just burn your offering and hope that the others do as well so everyone can get a lamp and work together. 
  • terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2019

Moonrise.
    My only problems are event point distribution for killer and blood point gain. I don't mind the grind. I accepted the playstyle of others. Just run wglf. You get all the hooks. Lobby times for survivor are under two minutes (at least for me). I have not seen a single mori since the beginning of the event. Killer lobby are instant. Survivor are so gen focused, they do not care about an even spread. 3 gen tactics work very well. Survivor commit. Gen grabs with stealth killer work pretty well.

Give me more bp for an offering and 1 event point for all remaining lanterns at the end of the round as killer. And I am happy.