The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can anyone recommend Freddy YouTube mains?

I have been reading up on Freddy and came across this really interesting steam guide on him that’s actually up to date and not from 2017. They even had a YouTube list!! But some users must be out of date because I could not find a Mr. Becrazy on YouTube and I was particularly interested in him because he too is on ps4. 

But whether they are from pc or console I would like to see some actual Freddy players in action and try to learn. Thanks! 

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited February 2019
    I don't know streamers or youtubers who main him nor have i seen any good guides except for this important guide by pyrus. 

https://youtu.be/0rTtr7pUe-Q

Here is a wall of text guide on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/92hxzi/how_to_wreck_with_the_power_of_darn_an_indepth

Otherwise you can ask me or the other decent Sharp Hand Joes for advice.
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I don't know streamers or youtubers who main him nor have i seen any good guides except for this important guide by pyrus. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/92hxzi/how_to_wreck_with_the_power_of_darn_an_indepth

Both those links were really helpful and insightful, thanks for sharing! Do you have any tips about Freddy? 

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited February 2019
    pemberley said:

Both those links were really helpful and insightful, thanks for sharing! Do you have any tips about Freddy? 

1. Self caring survivors are often better than dreaming survivors, especially when gens are nearby, learn transition mindgames and keep them hurt.

2. Don't commit to huge chases when you don't have to. If a survivor approaches one of those disgusting huge loops let him go, pull others in the dream world and come back later and catch him off guard and hit him, if he runs up to the loop again you simply let him go again for a little while or just bluff a retreat and down him.
    If you have Insidious, break line of sight and stay nearby behind cover, surprise them when they leave or heal. 

3. Analyse the pallet heavens (lots) and deadzones (few/none). Priotize catching any sleeping survivors in the dead zone.

4. The new surveillance is like gods gift for Freddy.

5. When someone unhooks in front of your face, hit the rescuer first. Maybe pull some others in the dreamworld to deny BT activation while keeping them busy. If there is a third then its sometimes better to let both run off hurt and go for the third while both are waking up and healing. 

6. Your main addons will be Dresses, Claws and Range addons. The block addons will deny you the mindgames, they kinda suck.

7. For Freddy, the game is often a war of attrition. Bait pallet drops when pulling survivors into the dream world even if you don't intend to chase them yet. Once their items and pallets run dry they will start getting downed fast, especially when you use Bamboozle.

8. Most perks are good on him, but some favorites include Bamboozle, Pop goes the Weasel, Sloppy Butcher, Brutal Strength, Ruin, Make your Choice, Enduring, Spirit Fury, Nurses Calling, Surveillance and Insidious. You can use most of them in virtually any combination.

9. Stay unpredictable. Thats very important.

10. Pull a 3 gen strat with Overcharge, Surveillance and Unnerving Presence if you really want your ticket to hell.

Post edited by ChesterTheMolester on
  • pemberley
    pemberley said:

1. Self caring survivors are often better than dreaming survivors, especially when gens are nearby, learn transition mindgames and keep them hurt.

2. Don't commit to huge chases when you don't have to. If a survivor approaches one of those disgusting huge loops let him go, pull others in the dream world and come back later and catch him off guard and hit him, if he runs up to the loop again you simply let him go again for a little while or just bluff a retreat and down him.
    If you have Insidious, break line of sight and stay nearby behind cover, surprise them when they leave or heal. 

3. Analyse the pallet heavens (lots) and deadzones (few/none). Priotize catching any sleeping survivors in the dead zone.

5. When someone unhooks in front of your face, hit the rescuer first. Maybe pull someone others in the dreamworld to deny BT activation while keeping them busy. If there is a third then its sometimes better to let both run off hurt and go for the third while both are waking up and healing. 

6. Your main addons will be Dresses, Claws and Range addons. The block addons will deny you the mindgames, they kinda suck.

7. For Freddy, the game is often a war of attrition. Bait pallet drops when pulling survivors into the dream world even if you don't intend to chase them yet. Once their items and pallets run dry they will start getting downed fast, especially when you use Bamboozle.

8. Most perks are good on him, but some favorites include Bamboozle, Pop goes the Weasel, Sloppy Butcher, Brutal Strength, Ruin, Make your Choice, Enduring, Spirit Fury, Nurses Calling, Surveillance and Insidious. You can use most of them in virtually any combination.

10. Pull a 3 gen strat with Overcharge, Surveillance and Unnerving Presence if you really want your ticket to hell.

Cool! Thanks for the advice!

This might sound silly, but how does Freddy work with aura reading perks like Rancor or OoO?
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited February 2019
    pemberley said:
    pemberley said:

5. When someone unhooks in front of your face, hit the rescuer first. Maybe pull someone others in the dreamworld to deny BT activation while keeping them busy. If there is a third then its sometimes better to let both run off hurt and go for the third while both are waking up and healing. 

This might sound silly, but how does Freddy work with aura reading perks like Rancor or OoO?
    They dont show his auras unless their in the dream world 
    Edit: As in the survivors cant see Freddys aura unless they are asleep if that was what you're asking
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,143
    I main Freddy and I can tell you one thing decrease those skill checks. I normally run a slow healing build tht consist of sloppy butcher,thanatophobia, spirit fury and enduring to minimize pallets. Moniter and abuse can combo with paintbrush to give him zero terror radius once they are the dream. Freddy is the killer that can always mess with action speeds no matter if they are hurt. Keep them asleep at all time. Pleasant dreaming 👻
  • ChesterTheMolester
    pemberley said:
    pemberley said:

You can see their aura at any time, but survivors can only see your aura when they are in the dreamworld.
  • pemberley
    pemberley said:
    pemberley said:

You can see their aura at any time, but survivors can only see your aura when they are in the dreamworld.
    So theoretically Rancor Freddy could be extremely powerful against an obsession especially with block and range add ons? Sweet!
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Thanatophobia, Sloppy Butcher, Knockout, and Remember Me was my most powerful build for Freddy before I switched off him. I would slug the Obsession then hook the next Survivor I found, just keep wounding and Transitioning as many people as possible, I would slow the game down so hard and sometimes get my 4k so fast I got safety pips.

You can switch out Remember Me with Dyling Light and use the Black Box to put the Ohbsession into the dreameworld, if you can tunnel your Obsession with a Green Mori the game is already won <3

You best have as much fun with Fred before he gets his rework, no idea what changes willhappen to him, I hope it doesn't completely break him, he's so fun and not as weak as everyone says, he just has bigger weaknesses than other Killers do.