The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Matchmaking...?

Oki so am a daily player of DBD I do killer, solo an SWF... 
Waiting time for killer matches for me can be anywhere from 5 to 30mins
Solo 5 to 10mins 
An SWF anywhere upto an hour in a half ######### really I know dedicated servers are coming but a matchmaking rework needs to happen before that comes an this ain't a one off its every night

Comments

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    edited February 2019
    Am on ps4 an an most of time I have to wait the time I stated above when playing killer
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Maelstrom1313 wait times are region dependent. I am assuming that you are not in the US, as there is no wait time at all for killers in the US. Survivor wait time depends upon how many people are joining. Solo is about 3 minutes, and 4 can take up to an hour when you take into account the lobbies that you have to leave due to the killer being on the moon.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

@jackmadrox said:
    On PS4, there is pretty much no wait time for killers, you find a game instantly. But with survivors, the wait time is ridiculous. Waiting 30 minutes or more to find a game as survivor is just unacceptable.

The only way the devs can fix survivor wait times is somehow convince more people to play killer. DbD is facing a killer shortage right now.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited February 2019

Killer mains are playing survivor for this event, since playing as killer gets you no points. Just another stupid idea and serious lack of foresight on the devs part, as always.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

On PS4, there is pretty much no wait time for killers, you find a game instantly. But with survivors, the wait time is ridiculous. Waiting 30 minutes or more to find a game as survivor is just unacceptable.

It’s strange because previously it wasn’t so bad but now it’s just really long to find lobbies overall. I’ve waited 10+ multiple times to have killers even bail on me it really sucks. This has been happening before the event was even in but now with the event here it seems to be much more longer.
  • Okapi

@jackmadrox said:

@Okapi said:

@jackmadrox said:

The only way the devs can fix survivor wait times is somehow convince more people to play killer. DbD is facing a killer shortage right now.

I usually main killer anyways, but tonight I felt like playing survivor. What's with the shortage of killers?

To gain a decent amount of event points killers have to hook each survivor 3 times, and destroy 2+ lanterns. The number of lanterns of course dependent on survivors burning event offerings. So to recap the devs expect killers to play a perfect game in an event that pushes survivors to rush gens. That's not happening.

• Okapi
    edited February 2019

All survivors have to earn points is grab a lantern and leave. They don't even have to do a gen because once one survivor does a gen everyone gets points. So everyone wants to play survivor because it's easier and less stressful.

• Maelstrom1313
    Kaelum said:

@Maelstrom1313 wait times are region dependent. I am assuming that you are not in the US, as there is no wait time at all for killers in the US. Survivor wait time depends upon how many people are joining. Solo is about 3 minutes, and 4 can take up to an hour when you take into account the lobbies that you have to leave due to the killer being on the moon.

No am in UK but when I play SWF my team is from US so I can understand a small wait for  lobbies but for past few months it's just getting worse an worse, I can understand more killer mains wanting to play survivor as this event is more survivor based point wise. But even waiting for a lobby to fill up when I play killer is bad enough, hopefully something will be sorted soon... 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Maelstrom1313 said:
    Oki so am a daily player of DBD I do killer, solo an SWF... 
    Waiting time for killer matches for me can be anywhere from 5 to 30mins
    Solo 5 to 10mins 
    An SWF anywhere upto an hour in a half ######### really I know dedicated servers are coming but a matchmaking rework needs to happen before that comes an this ain't a one off its every night

Several factors come together at the moment. The recent killer nerfs together with the event (low coin amounts for killer) and the fact that you actively try to bully killers away from the game simply caused a lot of killers not to paly anymore.
    On PS4 (I assume thats where you play) they even have to deal with ######### controller aim and horrible performance

Of course you can play killer yourself.... the queues should be instant

• Maelstrom1313
    I play killer quite often I only play survivor when I play with my team an yeah am on ps4 an your totally right about the ######### aim an performance. Yeah I was a bit surprised on how low the points are for killer this event, so when I've played killer since it started I've just left the vessels as I already have cosmetic I want. 
  • ArkhamRobot
    ArkhamRobot Member Posts: 22

@Kaelum said:
    Killer mains are playing survivor for this event, since playing as killer gets you no points. Just another stupid idea and serious lack of foresight on the devs part, as always.

Yup. Reason why I'm placing Surv for this event.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@ArkhamRobot said:

@Kaelum said:

Yup. Reason why I'm playing Surv for this event.

And this is why we've long queues, ironically.

• ArkhamRobot
    ArkhamRobot Member Posts: 22

@Kaelum said:

Yup. Reason why I'm placing Surv for this event.> @se05239 said:

@ArkhamRobot said:

@Kaelum said:

Yup. Reason why I'm playing Surv for this event.

And this is why we've long queues, ironically.

I don't find them too bad as Surv. Got a VPN so if region is $hitty, I just switch location til I find decent lobby times.