The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

CANT JOIN ANY LOBBY WITH MY FRIENDS. IT ALWAYS SAYS I GET DISCONNECTED FROM HOST

I have actually had enough.

Every time I join a lobby with my friends. we join a lobby and I get "disconnected from the host". This always happens when its a good ping lobby. but when its a bad ping lobby I connect. how does this make any sense? the answer is it doesn't, I'm getting sick and tired of it. I have tried re-installing the game, verifying the game files and nothing. doesn't work. It only happens to me and no one else. in my friend group. why is this a thing? because it shouldn't be, sometimes it says somethings wrong with my NAT connection? Thats incorrect sooo maybe fix this. Is there any fix for this? If so I would love to know because once again, I'm fed up.

Comments

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

If you are getting a NAT error, that is 100% your problem. You need to fix the issue. If you have nothing more than a router provided by your ISP, you will need to contact your ISP. If you have other equipment, you’ll need to fix it yourself, as most ISPs will not touch consumer equipment.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    ALL CAPS DONT FIX YOUR PROBLEM
  • Atelicz
    Atelicz Member Posts: 5

Hang on, so something is wrong with NAT? so this suddenly explains why i cant connect to lobbys with good ping and i can with lobbys with bad ping.
    makes no sense. how should i approach a NAT problem. tried looking around, no one gives clear instructions

• Atelicz

@Fenrir said:

btw wasn't on purpose, fyi

• Fenrir
    Atelicz said:

@Fenrir said:

Theres an edit button smart one
  • Atelicz

@Fenrir said:
    Atelicz said:

@Fenrir said:

feels like im getting online bullied

• Fenrir
    Atelicz said:

@Fenrir said:
    Atelicz said:

@Fenrir said:

feels like im getting online bullied

Gimme your lunch money nerd
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Atelicz said:

I have actually had enough.

Every time I join a lobby with my friends. we join a lobby and I get "disconnected from the host". This always happens when its a good ping lobby. but when its a bad ping lobby I connect. how does this make any sense? the answer is it doesn't, I'm getting sick and tired of it. I have tried re-installing the game, verifying the game files and nothing. doesn't work. It only happens to me and no one else. in my friend group. why is this a thing? because it shouldn't be, sometimes it says somethings wrong with my NAT connection? Thats incorrect sooo maybe fix this. Is there any fix for this? If so I would love to know because once again, I'm fed up.

You on console?
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Git gud
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

NAT was a big issue when For honor came out lots of guides around

https://www.shacknews.com/article/99007/for-honor---how-to-fix-nat-type-strict-problems

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

I had this happen to me before, just had to re-verify the anti-cheat on dbd thru steam

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Fenrir said:

ARE YOU SURE?

• Fenrir
    Master said:

@Fenrir said:

ARE YOU SURE?

PRETTY SURE!