The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else?

Anyone else feel like you get more of the rarer items or ultra rare items when you don't prestige?

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

No. When you prestige, there is statistically a very slightly higher chance in getting rare items.

Usually, you don't notice a difference. That's why players should only prestige when they want to have the bloody clothes.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

@NoShinyPony said:
    No. When you prestige, there is statistically a very slightly higher chance in getting rare items.

Usually, you don't notice a difference. That's why players should only prestige when they want to have the bloody clothes.

the thing is, I have 1 killers that is full prestige III and I can barely get any red or purple addons for them, and I have 1 other killer that are not prestige and I get tons of red and purple addons for her

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Yeah, I have several iredecent heads on my not prestiged huntress and barely getting and z-blocks or pill bottles on my P3-lvl 50 Freddy 
  • Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Agreed. My P3 Bubba had way more rares and ultra-rares through the first phase than either of the others. Now he's sitting lifeless, since he's so add-on dependent and I feel I've misplaced wayyy too much time and BP on him already. Likewise with Freddy.

P3 on Jeff feels like I've seen way more greens this last time through, and what purples I've seen are the ones I don't want (and usually the entity ends up cornering you into taking them, anyway).

Overall, the clothes are nice and all... but I feel the point of it is mostly to put more costly add-ons in your way so it takes you more time and BP to get them back to playable perk conditions than it is to provide you with a larger assortment of better add-ons in general.

TL;DR: Doesn't feel worth it.