The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Poor Event

Personally I'm not a fan of this event, I think it was done poorly. You only get bonus BP if you escape with a lantern or destroy the vessels (which doesn't provide as much bonus BP as escaping with it does.) Killers are practically expected to play perfect games in order to get a decent amount of lunar points, meaning they have to 3 hook everyone and destroy all vessels. This discourages players from playing killer, which in the long run makes finding lobbies even harder since there are even less killer players. Survivors get lunar points for completed gens even if they themselves did not repair it. So basically they can get all of the lunar points while doing absolutely nothing. The next event should just go back to the original formula, but make it so the killer can gain a decent amount of points without having to rely on the survivors to bring offerings.

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

You also get bonus BP for pickung up a vessel and holding onto the vessel. I agree that the amount of bonus BP is a bit low.

Concerning the event points: It's much easier to get event points as surv. So yes, killers should get more points. That would encourage more people to play killer and help with lobby times.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

How to "fix" this event:
    1. More BP for holding a vessel/picking it up AND more BP for resetting and breaking a vessel
    2. Give more points for hooking unique survivors (like 1st hook grants 6 points) rest hooks give 3
    3. (potentially) Give surv points for rescuing someone off the hook but reduce points of surviving with the lantern (this could be bad cause farming but idk)

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited February 2019

I like the gameplay of the event but i agree the bonus points for the event are very low. This has to be the lowest amount of BP for an event ever. I dont even bother to try and get more envelopes as its just not worth it. I would have to spend 50k to get one envelope and i would be lucky to get even 25% of that back in the game.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    The problem is that Survivors cried so much about Hallowed Blight that the devs made sure to make this event go back to Gen rushing while killers still have to go out of their way to destroy lanterns. Survivors don't even have to complete a gen, a safe unhook, or anything first to get lanterns.

That would suck on its own, but on top of that, the bonus event BPs are pitiful.
  • Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

@NoShinyPony said:
    You also get bonus BP for pickung up a vessel and holding onto the vessel. I agree that the amount of bonus BP is a bit low.

Concerning the event points: It's much easier to get event points as surv. So yes, killers should get more points. That would encourage more people to play killer and help with lobby times.

Really? I've picked up a bunch of vessels and haven't gotten any bonus BP for it. I only get bonus BP if I escape with one.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Jplanas98 said:

@NoShinyPony said:

Really? I've picked up a bunch of vessels and haven't gotten any bonus BP for it. I only get bonus BP if I escape with one.

As long as you bring the event offering, you should get 1000 BP each time when you pick up a vessel.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

Oh you have to bring an offering, that's why I didn't get any BP. Thanks for that, I honestly didn't know,