The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thank you devs, very cool!

KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747

Theres been a lot of bad totem spawns lately, thought I'd share a really good one i had! It was ruin too.

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

That totem spot isn't bad. It's been here for ages I think a year or something. I've learnt to predict it as survivor but yeah most survivors do not seem to understand that spot. But if they play killer enough, they will know it.

• KingB
    @Tzeentchling9 Its still a really good spot. It was only found when a survivor accidentally ran past it in a chase
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited February 2019

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    It's the same spot as before though.

It is, and as someone who can easily memorize totems spawns, these new ones caught me fairly off guard. Like, specifically this one.

It's actually positioned in the point where you HAVE to view it from a certain angle to see it, which btw in this case, considering the cow tree is right behind that pallet, wouldn't be often at all..

Obviously, if you just turn out camera more or just walk towards it from the angle that the Killer's in right now currently, it isn't hard to spot.

But boi, have I missed dozens of totems at first from this spawn. It's a good spot that requires you to look, atleast.

@Poweas said:
    That totem spot isn't bad. It's been here for ages I think a year or something. I've learnt to predict it as survivor but yeah most survivors do not seem to understand that spot. But if they play killer enough, they will know it.

It's specifically new, they added the LOS blocker with the barrel. Also, moving the location slightly. I've noticed it on some maps, mainly the older ones.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Oohh same spot, but with an added barrel!

It's just like putting a totem around the killer shack inside the killer shack! GENIUS!

• KingB
    @Swiftblade131 it wasn't found until I chased someone by it. You can only see it from the angle I was standing at.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@KingB said:
    Theres been a lot of bad totem spawns lately, thought I'd share a really good one i had! It was ruin too.

Running haunted grounds only is the right attitude..... BHVR will never fix the totem mechanic sadly

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@KingB said:
    @Swiftblade131 it wasn't found until I chased someone by it. You can only see it from the angle I was standing at.

If the survivors had ears or where any type of observant, they could have heard it burning, or seen it through the cracks.

General knowledge for totems should also be to check areas that are common for totem spawns, this being one of them.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

There is a great one hidden in Autohaven Wreckers in the main garage on Wretched Shop, with the car in the middle, at the very back of the room behind some tyres. "God bless Small game!" is all I can say!

• KingB
    @Swiftblade131 you can't see it through any cracks, there was a locker on the other side along with 2 barrels. Finding it would've been pure luck had they not been chased there.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

There's stuff like this...
    Then there's the devs insisting on keeping Totems on hills.
    Idc how hidden you keep them on hills, as long as players know they can spawn on hills, they'll search them.
    And hills are hard to miss.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Yeah looks improved to me

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    KingB said:

First place you look on that map
  • Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
    edited February 2019

I am sure nobody saw that totem..... xD Right? @Speshul_Kitten

• Paddy4583
    edited February 2019
    Boss said:

Idc how hidden you keep them on hills, as long as players know they can spawn on hills, they'll search them.

There’s hills? What? I never seen one! Where are they hiding them?

killers should be able to  place their own totems, like traps! There’s no reason this shouldn’t be implemented as a standard part of game play
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Paddy4583 said:

killers should be able to  place their own totems, like traps! There’s no reason this shouldn’t be implemented as a standard part of game play

I think the devs are kind of afraid that the killers will find places that will not allow survivors to break the totems.

But I agree, it should be implemented somehow.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Great, but backwater swamp have still the best totem spawn

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

@Paddy4583 said:
    Boss said:

This! Instead of reworking the entire spawns and maybe fixing the problem of totems they could just implement this and the problem is 100% solved.It could even be done during the load screen with a time limit so game play isn't effected.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Or as I've said when u pick the perk it loads all the maps and let's u place it
  • Paddy4583
    Cardgrey said:
    That’s a lot of variations to load and place, all those tiles and rotations, you’d be there all day.
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@Paddy4583 said:
    Cardgrey said:

That’s a lot of variations to load and place, all those tiles and rotations, you’d be there all day.

Or the killer could just spawn with it and place it just like the traps get placed.

• Paddy4583
    Ryuhi said:

@Paddy4583 said:
    Cardgrey said:

Or the killer could just spawn with it and place it just like the traps get placed.

I never understood why that wasn’t the option to start with to be honest, as soon as they are placed they become active and can’t be replaced, obviously NOED wouldn’t be in this category as that would be abused.

I also don’t think any totems should be lit, they should all be dull and stay that way, there is no need to make them easier to spot for a survivor.

Totems need to have more risk added to them, so that cleansing them causes an effect on the survivor.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    The problem is still survivors spawning near them.

It puts me at one end of the map and my totem at the other. There are 2 gens near it, one at each side. I walk over and both gens are being worked on as the survivors spawned there so needless to say it wasn't long before they cleansed it.

But these barrels and stuff....some are kinda crap, some are actually pretty good. Can't remember the map but I did have a good one the other day where you couldn't see it unless you were at the side near to the wall.
  • Boss

@Delfador said:

@Paddy4583 said:

I think the devs are kind of afraid that the killers will find places that will not allow survivors to break the totems.

While that's certainly a problem, it'd remove pressure from devs to try and find places that satisfy Hex users and let us find our own places instead. (I already have a pretty cheeky spot in mind for Disturbed Ward.)
    Besides, we'd be QA testers: We'd find spots, and then either we report them or we get reported by Survivors and they'll fix it.
    They can put boundary detectors on placements too, like how Bear Traps have them, so we can't squeeze them between two objects and making it impossible to cleanse.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Yeah looks improved to me

They should really remove all the spawns next to gens, for the love of God...
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Boss said:

@Delfador said:

@Paddy4583 said:

While that's certainly a problem, it'd remove pressure from devs to try and find places that satisfy Hex users and let us find our own places instead. (I already have a pretty cheeky spot in mind for Disturbed Ward.)
    Besides, we'd be QA testers: We'd find spots, and then either we report them or we get reported by Survivors and they'll fix it.
    They can put boundary detectors on placements too, like how Bear Traps have them, so we can't squeeze them between two objects and making it impossible to cleanse.

Think we can get notQueen to tell the others about this idea?
  • Boss

@starkiller1286 said:
    Boss said:

@Delfador said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Think we can get notQueen to tell the others about this idea?

I've been around for a while.
    I'm VERY certain they know about placing Totems for a while now.