The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BP bonus offerings.

Has it ever occurred to anyone else that they are all basically pointless? With the exception of maybe Cake, Streamers, Pudding?

Example. Fragrant Bog Laurel 5,000 BP to buy. 8,000 BP in each category in a match. Using that offering gives you the chance to make another 8,000 if you managed to max it out? Am I somehow misunderstanding how the point system works? When you consider you needed to pay 5,000 to get that bonus. It basically gives you the chance to earn 3,000 extra BP really.

Then when you consider alone the amount of times you will be forced to buy useless items you don't want. All of the bonus bloodpoints and far beyond end up going to things you don't want. I mean...not even from a preference point either. Is there a single logical reason a survivor would WANT to buy offerings that lessen the mist? Or a killer would want to buy ones that increase it?

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I've suggested on multiple occasions that the bloodpoint offerings need a stream-lining.

There could be 6 BP offerings for either side.. instead of the 12+ there's currently.

25% bonus BP in Everything for Yourself
    50% bonus BP in Everything for Yourself
    75% bonus BP in Everything for Yourself
    100% bonus BP in Everything for Yourself
    50% bonus BP to Everyone in Everything
    100% bonus BP to Everyone in Everything

It'd reduce the grind and make burning these offerings more valuable, as a 25% to everything is more useful than 50% to one category, for example. Instead of a 4000 (50% of 8000) for a perfect game, you'd get 8000 (25% of 32 000) instead.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited February 2019

As @se05239 said.

Also:

Using that offering gives you the chance to make another 8,000 if you managed to max it out? Am I somehow misunderstanding how the point system works?

People believe that they have to make more blood-points with a BP offering than they pay. From a grinding perspective, this (break-even point) is wrong however.

From a grinding perspective, a BP offering is ALWAYS worth it, if it comes in place of something of the same rarity, as long as you earned more than 1 BP from it, no matter what the cost.

For example: Normally a brown Blood-web Item would cost 3000. Any BP item below that would lower your grind, meaning you don't need to make a profit. If you only earned 1000 from your 2000 Bp offering, that means that you were allowed to grind the BloodWeb as if you were able to buy 2000 BP items.

Of course, from a non-grinding perspective, they are useless, but they do have a purpose in the game. You could argue that an overabundance renders them useless, because if you accumulate them faster than you can spend them, then they still cost as much as their equal-rarity counter parts.

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221
    edited February 2019

BP offerings are just making bloodwebs cheaper by paying you back an amount when you use them. If I buy a 25% offering for 3k and max out the category, I get 2k back, so that bloodweb spot effectively only cost me 1k. The thing is, you have to buy this spot anyway. You probably shouldn't go out of your way to get a 25% offering, but a 100%-to-all offering is always worth it if you can reach it without any detours and a normal 100% or even 50% offering should influence your decision which way to go if both ways cost (almost) the same.
    These are not about making a profit. They're about spending effectively less.

Of course, this stops being true if I already have so many of them that I will never use them up anyway.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Eh, I like em. I suggested changing tbe values by 25% so you could actually make a profit a long time again, seeing that actually happen with the BP offerings was cool. Just throw one on each game and don't even think about it. Or, if you're playing a certain role, put one on for what you think your highest category will be.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Milkymalk said:

BP offerings are just making bloodwebs cheaper by paying you back an amount when you use them. If I buy a 25% offering for 3k and max out the category, I get 2k back, so that bloodweb spot effectively only cost me 1k. The thing is, you have to buy this spot anyway. You probably shouldn't go out of your way to get a 25% offering, but a 100%-to-all offering is always worth it if you can reach it without any detours and a normal 100% or even 50% offering should influence your decision which way to go if both ways cost (almost) the same.
    These are not about making a profit. They're about spending effectively less.

Of course, this stops being true if I already have so many of them that I will never use them up anyway.

Theres also the fact that everytime you use a good one you get hit with the infinite loading screen.