The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dying Light rework!

Okay so Dying Light is meh tier at best because of the fact it
A. counters the purpose of Micheal's other two perks
B. Requires you to tunnel the obsession just to get it
C. You need to kill the obsession for it to take place and by then unless you tunneled and camped its possible 3 gens will be done.
D. If you dont kill the obsession they just get a free altruism buff

So I came up with 2 rework ideas!

Idea 1.
You become obsessed with one survivor. For each survivor killed the obsessions hope weakens and their action speed is decreased by 10%/13%/15% per each survivor

Idea 2.
You become obsessed with one survivor. Each time you hook a survivor that isn't the obsession the obsession loses 3%/4%/5% action speed to all actions.

Everyone tell me what you think! I think this'll make the obsession doing gens by themselves almost impractical and put a small damper on gen rushing as well! I love coming up with perk rework ideas so imma post like 20 more tonight

Comments

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited February 2019

Personally i love Dying Light as it is now it's just not for Michael, but thats ok!

Yes you do have to tunnel but if you get it early like the person ducks the game or gives up it's super spicy.

There are many perks that work for other killers better than they do the person who they belong too.

Case in point M&A or Iron Maiden.

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@GraviteaUK said:
    Personally i love Dying Light as it is now it's just not for Michael, but thats ok!

Yes you do have to tunnel but if you get it early like the person ducks the game or gives up it's super spicy.

There are many perks that work for other killers better than they do the person who they belong too.

Case in point M&A or Iron Maiden.

I was more referring to it being counter active to his other perks which require you to keep the survivor alive and by having it this way it makes it so the obsession is weak when it comes to repairing, cleansing, healing etc! Idk just an idea I wanted to throw out since everytime I use it only effects me at the last gen ;-;

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I mean I like the ideas but maybe we could spread that debuff around idk... dying light is another difficult perk.... maybe it shouldn't be obsession based because the perk does bring out the ass in most players... 
  • Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@Bravo0413 said:
    I mean I like the ideas but maybe we could spread that debuff around idk... dying light is another difficult perk.... maybe it shouldn't be obsession based because the perk does bring out the ass in most players... 

hmmm true but I wan't the main focus of it to still center around the obsession so maybe the effects for the obsession remain the same but the effects on the others are weakened? Like for idea 2 it only goes up 1%/2%/3% for all other survivors but for the obsession it still goes up 3%/4%/5%?

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

I think Dying Light is a fine perk but it's really polarizing. It's also not fun to be forcibly tunneled because reasons and it's also not fun when the game suddenly stops completely because some dumbass died. I think it could use a lot of tweaks to make it more fun and useful but as it is currently I don't think it's too high of a priority.

• Jim_Halpert
    Jim_Halpert Member Posts: 10

Dying Light is suppose to be a kill the obsession perk. Although it is different for Myer's other two perks, this perk was mainly suppose to work with Myer's instant-kill add-ons. That way you kill the obsession without hitting them.
    But I still do believe this perk could be reworked/adjusted because it's sort of a camp the obsession/tunnel the obsession type perk. Which isn't fun. It should still be a kill the obsession type perk but not the way they have it now. To be honest, I don't know what should be done for Dying Light.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

What if instead of upon Death of the Obsession, the Survivors get progressive penalties whenever the Obsession is hurt and hooked until finally they get the biggest penalty upon the Obsession's death. Kind of like Thanatophobia but centered around the Obsession.

So when the Obsessesion is injured Survivors get 15%, when the Obsession is hooked Survivors get a 20% Penalty, whenever the Obsession dies Survivors get the 25%. The penalties go away when the Obsession is healed and unhooked so it can be countered.

Dying Light is ALREADY massive with Thanatophobia so saying this is an issue means you already hate it when Killers pair these together and that's ok, they are meant to go together. With Thana the buffs would be bigger but always lessened when the Obsession is healed/unhooked. This way hitting the Obsession is a conveniance, killing them is the ultimate goal but you don't NEED to kill them to get the perk working.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited February 2019

What if instead of upon Death of the Obsession, the Survivors get progressive penalties whenever the Obsession is hurt and hooked until finally they get the biggest penalty upon the Obsession's death. Kind of like Thanatophobia but centered around the Obsession.

So when the Obsessesion is injured Survivors get 15%, when the Obsession is hooked Survivors get a 20% Penalty, whenever the Obsession dies Survivors get the 25%. The penalties go away when the Obsession is healed and unhooked so it can be countered.

Dying Light is ALREADY massive with Thanatophobia so saying this is an issue means you already hate it when Killers pair these together and that's ok, they are meant to go together. With Thana the buffs would be bigger but always lessened when the Obsession is healed/unhooked. This way hitting the Obsession is a conveniance, killing them is the ultimate goal but you don't NEED to kill them to get the perk working.

Honestly, this would still lead to tunneling the obsession, while also making it easier to facecamp him.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@HatCreature said:

And the obsession regretted life for running no-mither XD btw love your idea

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@TreemanXD said:

@HatCreature said:

And the obsession regretted life for running no-mither XD btw love your idea

Thanks XD I actually had a match where I was a No Mither with SWF and the Killer had Thana, all my buddies were just waiting for me to die LMAO

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited February 2019

@HatCreature XD we’ve all been that no mither causing thanat.