The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The New DC....

feechima
feechima Member Posts: 902
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

I played for several hours straight on Saturday and in about 7 out of 10 games survivors would die on purpose on first and second hook. Most of the time they had just gotten hooked, we were up on gens or the game had just gotten started. WHY? 2 out of the 10 games we had 1-2 gens left with three people alive. Because that person let themselves die, the odds instantly turned in the killer's favor. Thanks a lot. And the killers weren't even tunneling in most games. It got so bad that I was asking people not to die on hook in lobby. ( I did this in 3 lobbies, and most players said they had similar experiences in their games). Some died on purpose anyway, maybe just to be funny. My last game I told my team. "Look, don't kill yourself, if I'm not in chase I'll come for you." One of the survivors took it literally and told me they weren't going to save since I was the 'savior' so to speak. I didn't mean it like that, but that game I ended up saving everyone twice, literally no one went for saves, but no one gave up on hook either. If you're one of those people that kill yourself at the beginning of the game or even at the end with one gen left my question is, why? If you don't do this, is anyone else seeing a spike in this new form of DCing? I played yesterday around ranks 10-14 so de-ranking shouldn't be an issue. Also, I play on PC.

Post edited by feechima on

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Sometimes the game bugs out and it kills you on the hook anyways even though you're spamming the struggle button.
  • feechima

I get that there are various bugs in the game, but when you try and jump off the hook at your first hook, fail and instantly let yourself d*ie that's clearly not a game bug.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    edited February 2019
    feechima said:

I get that there are various bugs in the game, but when you try and jump off the hook at your first hook, fail and instantly let yourself d*ie that's clearly not a game bug.

Yeah in that case it's clear they just want to leave the game...
    Post edited by JanTheMan on
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    I see a lot of survivors doing that when I play killer. It really just sucks for everyone involved. I can understand if you're getting camped (obviously not the best course of action but some people just want to move on to a round they're allowed to play in) but I see people suicide the second the killer gets any momentum
  • feechima

@ClogWench said:
    I see a lot of survivors doing that when I play killer. It really just sucks for everyone involved. I can understand if you're getting camped (obviously not the best course of action but some people just want to move on to a round they're allowed to play in) but I see people suicide the second the killer gets any momentum

Exactly. A lot of my games had the person not let go and died on hook we could have won. It really does make a difference. With three people at least one can always be on gen. Instead people give up and throw the game. If you die now or later what is the difference, but at least you try.

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    @feechima what level are you because I have been playing all eeekend all day and haven’t experienced this in level 1-4. I find most people mess around at rank 5 and above
  • feechima

I was playing at levels 14-10, some survivors that gave up were slightly higher levels though but most were in this range. I'm a casual gamer so I tend to stick around ranks 9-7 at the highest before rank reset.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Last time I killed myself on first hook was because I had to go eat dinner

• feechima

@LCGaster said:
    Last time I killed myself on first hook was because I had to go eat dinner

lol :|