The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

will trapper ever get his buff

trapper is the best killer to play to have fun but will he ever get his buffs to match his power with his overall enjoyment

Comments

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

Wouldn't count on it. If they haven't done anything about DS, something tells me Trapper isn't on their list. Especially because he got changes a few months ago

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@DexyIV said:
    Wouldn't count on it. If they haven't done anything about DS, something tells me Trapper isn't on their list. Especially because he got changes a few months ago

that sucks i love trapper his play style is the most enjoyable and nothing is more satisfying then when you successfully pull off a trap whether it be a false chase or random odds however swf completely neuters him

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019

@friendlykillermain said:

that sucks i love trapper his play style is the most enjoyable and nothing is more satisfying then when you successfully pull off a trap whether it be a false chase or random odds however swf completely neuters him

2,5 years old Trapper main here o/

Here have a cookie, that's all you'll get for it.

• friendlykillermain

@NathanExplosion said:

poor trapper always shafted

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

You are damn right !

Better putting an end to this :

• friendlykillermain

@NathanExplosion said:

You are damn right !

Better putting an end to this :

\
    hahahahahah perfect

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

What kind of buff? The "he starts with extra trap"?

Cause he did get some buffs:
    Disarm Bear Trap time increased from 2.5s to 3.5s
    Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
    Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
    Increased loud noise indicator range for trap disarm from 48m to 10000000m
    Logwood Dye and Tar bottle add-ons now stack
    Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
    The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@Milo said:

Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
    Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
    Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
    The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he is still low tier without Ultra Rare Addons.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@ShyN3ko said:

@Milo said:

Aaaaaand you didn't answer my question

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

@Milo said:

I.e. nothing that fixes his main problem: setup cost.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

He might get some changes in the future, just not soon I think. They will finish Freddy first, then maybe Leatherface, some small nerfs for Billy or Nurse and then maybe Trapper

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@Milo said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@Milo said:

Aaaaaand you didn't answer my question

Oh yeah sry, my bad.
    1 extra trap would be nice.
    But i think he need an other buff.
    His traps arent hide enough.
    Do you know Junkrat from Overwatch?

His traps are good.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

For ages people said that combat straps for the pig, and the stitched bag for the trapper should be baseline. I wonder why they gave the pig her combat straps but not the trapper his stitched bag.

I mean are they afraid of breaking the balance? Really? Devs have to realize that when they make a change, people should have a reason to play with that change. Is the trapper with stitch bag gonna be more powerful than nurse, hillbilly, huntress, spirit? No, why do we wait then?

The same can be said for perks too. Technician got a 'buff' and that buff made the perk more consistent across its tiers. It is still useless af and we will never see a change to this perk because it recently got a buff. I have no reason to give up my bond, borrowed time, adrenaline etc. for this perk.

I really do wonder when they will realize this.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@NathanExplosion said:

Trapper was by far my favourite killer in the beginning, but unfortunately he just sucks nowadays

• friendlykillermain

@Master said:

@NathanExplosion said:

Trapper was by far my favourite killer in the beginning, but unfortunately he just sucks nowadays

i know its a shame