The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

LOL the salt is real

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
Just had a game against SWF since solo players seem to avoid the event. Anyways I played without ruin, without noed, without camping, without tunneling, simply without anything that could possibly be a crutch. I need bloodpoints so I'm still running BBQ, Thrill of the hunt and distressing combined with a blood pudding. 

They obviously managed to finish all gens and I had 2 kills so far. I managed to down a Laurie Strode just in front of the hatch and his buddy obviously left immediately because he thought he'd get a free escape by using Decisive Strike. 

I dribbled his self entitled ass to the hook and guess what. I immediately go hate messages and voice chat invitations. I joined it for the lolz and the first thing I heard was "imagine being so bad at playing killer that you need to dribble to get a 3k"

Long story short: Even if you play without ruin, without noed, without camping, without tunneling - you will still get hate. What a nice community. Makes me wanna go full tryhard. Guess I'll use some ebony moris combined with ruin, noed, camping, tunneling etc.

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Why do people even invite others to parties instead of messaging them? Why not just keep messaging them instead?

Did the Laurie have a vessel? That might have made her and her team saltier than usual.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I mean sure if that's how you prefer to respond to the issue. Just leave the lobby and ignore the survivors. It's not that hard to do lol

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

Why do people even invite others to parties instead of messaging them? Why not just keep messaging them instead?

Did the Laurie have a vessel? That might have made her and her team saltier than usual.

To avoid being reported.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Dude believe me I have tried many things to not get the salt and then realized what I was doing wrong.

Nothing.

People are useless and have no skill so they need to blame somebody or something to cover how bad they are.

Whatever you do, you will get salt because it is not your fault but theirs, so just do whatever that makes you win the game.

Easy.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    No #########, this is why you need to stop giving a damn and just play to win.

You not playing dirty or with OP add ons/perks won't stop survivors from bring 4 DS and 4 adrenaline, tbagging at every pallet using voice comms , bodyblocking, abusing the most broken loops and generally being a pain in the ass.

Its better if they're giving out salt rather than you though. Better to be the one who wins and isnt salty, rather than the one who loses badly.
  • SnakeSound222

@Iceman said:
    SnakeSound222 said:

To avoid being reported.

I thought you could report people based on what they say in party chat. Can't Sony/Microsoft/Steam find out what was said in a party chat?

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    I was once called “a tryhard trying to reach rank 1” while playing without add-ons, ruin, BBQ, and NOED by a mixed rank SWF group with multiple adrenalines, dead-hards, DS, and items. 🤣

SWF squads expect you to follow so many ‘rules’ but then they can do whatever the hell they want and if you complain or point out the hypocrisy you’ll be on the receiving end of very toxic comments. 

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Yamaoka said:
    Just had a game against SWF since solo players seem to avoid the event. Anyways I played without ruin, without noed, without camping, without tunneling, simply without anything that could possibly be a crutch. I need bloodpoints so I'm still running BBQ, Thrill of the hunt and distressing combined with a blood pudding. 

They obviously managed to finish all gens and I had 2 kills so far. I managed to down a Laurie Strode just in front of the hatch and his buddy obviously left immediately because he thought he'd get a free escape by using Decisive Strike. 

I dribbled his self entitled ass to the hook and guess what. I immediately go hate messages and voice chat invitations. I joined it for the lolz and the first thing I heard was "imagine being so bad at playing killer that you need to dribble to get a 3k"

Long story short: Even if you play without ruin, without noed, without camping, without tunneling - you will still get hate. What a nice community. Makes me wanna go full tryhard. Guess I'll use some ebony moris combined with ruin, noed, camping, tunneling etc.

Imagine being so bad at survivor that you need to bring a free escape.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

That's just some players for you. No matter what you did they would have found a reason to call you a bad killer. Some players just can't admit they made a mistake that got them downed etc. This is every game I play, though this community has the largest salt reserves I've ever seen. I'm a bit worried some of my other games might run out or need to ration it.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Never join parties. That allows them to DDOS you. I had a killer attempt a DDOS on me, then began screeching that I was flexing on a VPN. Like.... what the hell kind of person do you have to be to even say that?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Jack11803 said:
    then began screeching that I was flexing on a VPN.

I... that just... waht?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Yamaoka said:

You get hate by playing killer, even perkless freddy will get hate

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Master said:

@Yamaoka said:

You get hate by playing killer, even perkless freddy will get hate

I got called a baby killer for using a "broken killer and tunneling"

Can you guess which killer I was when they said that?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Wraith?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Tunneling and broken killer = Freddy?

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    @Orion
    @Delfador

Delfador got it. I was Freddy. I had 3 perks, Fire Up 1, Ruin 1 (was broken immediately), and Blood Warden 1.

Just soooo broken...
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Mc_Harty said:

@Jack11803 said:
    then began screeching that I was flexing on a VPN.

I... that just... waht?

That was basically my reaction as well. I was utterly flabbergasted

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Don't care about them. People are always salty if things are not going well in their thoughts.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Yamaoka said:

The only thing you did wrong was accept the voice chat invitation. You lose the right to complain about salt when you put your tongue against a salt lick.

• SnakeSound222
    edited February 2019
    Jack11803 said:

Never join parties. That allows them to DDOS you. I had a killer attempt a DDOS on me, then began screeching that I was flexing on a VPN. Like.... what the hell kind of person do you have to be to even say that?

What?! Is that guy ok?