The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Things that would have made this event more fun and complex

- Taking a lantern when it's red: 1000 BP (+ the regular 1000 BP)

- Smashing a lantern when a survivor without one is within 40m: 1000 BP (could be hidden so as to not give survivor position away)

- Teammate escapes with lantern before you die or escape: 3 Lunar points and 500 BP

- Each survivor killed without ever picking up a lantern: 5 Lunar points and 500 BP

- Lunar gen completed that you contributed at least 25% to: +2 Lunar points

Gens not completed by end of trial: +3 Lunar points each (also count with hatch escape)

I understand that the intention was probably to increase the grind by being so stingy with points but it really limits strategies and gameplay. I think if you had more ways of earning Lunar points and bonus BP then matches would be more interesting and not escaping or 4king would still feel like a match that was worth playing.

And killers should definitely be rewarded more for their actions. 3 points for denying survivors a lantern? No, it should be at least 5. I don't understand why, when lobby queues are sometimes so long, killers wouldn't be rewarded at least a little more. That's coming from a survivor main.

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Forget all that. Just give killer around 7.5k bloodpoints for breaking a lantern and it would be about on par with previous events. I usually break around 3-4 lanterns a game which would be 22.5k - 30k bloodpoints. Which is similar to previous events. Give survivors 4k per gen finished and 10k if they escape with lantern. That's all this event needs.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019
    As above with BP but add in the fact you don't lose your lantern upon being hooked, maybe deposit them in game after a gen is completed for 5k points and 5k for escaping after doing so.

Killers lanterns are on the hook you use so you don't need to waste time finding them, also you only get the points for the first hook on each survivor.

Also increase the envelopes to 3 per bloodweb.

Pitting survivor v survivor v killer was a terrible idea, too many not saving, rushing gens, hatch camping, tunnelling hard and you can see why, it makes sense as it's the easiest way to earn your coins.