The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Gen Crusher Freddy is brutal

Just a PSA to all Freddy players...

Discordance, Surveillance, Pop Goes The Weasel, Ruin. I've been using Cat Block and Nancy's Sketch. This build is pretty strong for Freddy. You just have to commit to gens more than chases, meaning you have to give up on people a lot to kick a gen. But it's a very good build, so far I've had all 4k's at rank 1 (about 10 or so games) and almost always get Merciless Killer/2 pips.

BTW I know Monto calls it "Gen Protector" but I think Gen Crusher sounds a lot cooler.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

lul

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Discordance you say

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Master said:
    lul

Try it. It is a very strong build, especially against gen rush. You just have to be on top of Discordance when it procs, but that's 2 or more asleep each time.

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    edited February 2019

Tbh, Freddy is actually a pretty decent killer. I've never understood all the complaints and always had the feeling that killers complain about him simply because he cannot camp very well and because of how easy it is to get unhooked and escape when exit gates are open.

Other than that I find him very strong in a chase. He lands a first hit faster than any other killer, because he can mindgame very effectively when he makes his appearance. He does very well in chases, since he is so small and it's hard to see where he is going. And his power can be very effective to stall the game if you use the skill check add-ons.

• thesuicidefox

@Sinner said:
    Tbh, Freddy is actually a pretty decent killer. I've never understood all the complaints and always had the feeling that killers complain about him simply because he cannot camp very well and because of how easy it is to get unhooked and escape when exit gates are open.

Other than that I find him very strong in a chase. He lands a first hit faster than any other killer, because he can mindgame very effectively when he makes his appearance. He does very well in chases, since he is so small and it's hard to see where he is going. And his power can be very effective to stall the game if you use the skill check add-ons.

He also has the luxury of breaking chases whenever he wants because he can still keep tabs on you. As long as they aren't injured the only way to wake up is fail a gen or find another survivor, and if you pay attention to what they are doing you can just sleep them again when they wake up.

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334

Well nice of you to post about it. I sometimes come across these rank 1 Freddy mains that are doing very well and I have a lot of respect for them. After the game I always tell them: "dude, go on the forums and tell people how to play Freddy properly", since they'll never believe a survivor main.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699
    I prefer a slug build on Freddy myself, but I'll have to give that a try once I get those perks
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    I have a better build for Freddy...
    Play Billy.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Play Billy.

But Billy can sometimes get boring and you want something interesting. Freddy can be really fun.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Play Billy.

Coincidently, I fall asleep playing against Billy.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    I tried surveillance after someone here recommended it

Yep it's really good now. I wish now I hadn't skipped over it so often in the blood web.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Sinner said:

Well nice of you to post about it. I sometimes come across these rank 1 Freddy mains that are doing very well and I have a lot of respect for them. After the game I always tell them: "dude, go on the forums and tell people how to play Freddy properly", since they'll never believe a survivor main.

I'm no "Freddy main" but play him a lot, and it's true he's much better than most people seem to think.
    But as for what you ask: no way. Better keep one's secrets of trade. Anything can be countered. Best if survivors don't know what the perfect Freddy build is.
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

lol suicide got banned

you know he was the one that took our LOL's away remember that people

• thesuicidefox
    edited February 2019

@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
    lol suicide got banned

Actually I'm not banned I'm jailed. There's a difference. And they even said they were planning to do it long before I ever made a post, so no I didn't take away your LOL's but clearly you are salty about it.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

The problem with freddy is that he sucks at chases. You won't get kills if you just kick and patrol gens. Survivors WILL get the gen and the ruin super easy and freddy can't do anything about it against a good team.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
    lol suicide got banned

LOLs has been taken away, because there were bunch of salty survivors, who used bots to give +1000 lols in one hour to the people, who were thinking logicaly, not in a "omg nerf killahz plz" way.

• thesuicidefox

@Claudette_Baguette said:
    The problem with freddy is that he sucks at chases. You won't get kills if you just kick and patrol gens. Survivors WILL get the gen and the ruin super easy and freddy can't do anything about it against a good team.

No they won't get the gen. That's why this build works. If you suck at chases but kick gens constantly it becomes REALLY hard to do gens as the game goes on. You can easily get a 3 gen strat going with this build, assuming they even get that far. You just pick and choose your chases, if you have semi-infinite time it almost doesn't matter how bad you are in a chase. Eventually they will eat through all the pallets and now there kind of is no chase.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    RSB said:

@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
    lol suicide got banned

LOLs has been taken away, because there were bunch of salty survivors, who used bots to give +1000 lols in one hour to the people, who were thinking logicaly, not in a "omg nerf killahz plz" way.

His post proves otherwise, literally the day before lols were taken away he made a post where he titled it "why are LOLs a thing" pretty much complaining that people would spam it and hed get upset over it. Then the following the devs took it away 
  • thesuicidefox

@ItsYourBoyGuzma said:
    His post proves otherwise, literally the day before lols were taken away he made a post where he titled it "why are LOLs a thing" pretty much complaining that people would spam it and hed get upset over it. Then the following the devs took it away 

Since when are the devs that quick to fix ANYTHING? LOL no they chose to take it out before I made a post. My timing was coincidental and nothing else.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@thesuicidefox said:

@Sinner said:

He also has the luxury of breaking chases whenever he wants because he can still keep tabs on you. As long as they aren't injured the only way to wake up is fail a gen or find another survivor, and if you pay attention to what they are doing you can just sleep them again when they wake up.

Freddy's really good if you don't have self care to wake you up beside a pallet, you have to risk it and go to the gen or find someone.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Master said:

lul