The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Second Objective

Instead of starting to do gens like every game why not add missing parts for the gen scattered across the map not too hard but for each gen to work on. It doesn't haft to be specific either for the part and for the gen, you simply pick the part up go to the gen and install it and start the generator. Just so ruin would not haft to be meta almost and would give another nice objective to make the game longer and fun with more points! <3:) Just an idea!

Comments

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334

They added second objectives in a past event. The survival rate dropped below 30%.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Sinner said:
    They added second objectives in a past event. The survival rate dropped below 30%.

That was flawed though.

The reason why survivor rate dropped below 30% was because survivors purposefully killed themselves on the hooks to get the event serum and play the next round.

Bloodpoint wise, they weren't doing terrible either. As far as I remember, if you burned an offering and people got all the serums, you would get around 15-25k in a minute.

Secondary objectives are still needed.

• Sinner

Yeah add secondary objectives with today's disconnect rates, see how that goes. :))))

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Sinner said:
    Yeah add secondary objectives with today's disconnect rates, see how that goes. :))))

Disconnect rates is irrelevant because people are not supposed to disconnect in the first place. It is on BHVR that people are not afraid enough to disconnect from the matches.

I mean you can argue that people are getting banned because of disconnects but all I see is people deranking from 1 to all the way back to the 10 and nothing happens. The threshold is just too much.

Real life events are extremely important and yes, you should not be punished for disconnecting at those times. Stating that, your father can not have 50 heart attacks in a single day.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sinner said:

Yes because survivors suicided after they were done with the secondary objectives. There was no need to survive

• Sinner
    edited February 2019

Dude, they disconnect because of moris, insta-downs, legion and other crap they think is unfair or something. Make it harder for them and you'll get more disconnects. It's already unbearable, I can barely find a decent game. I have to bring a god damn key with me all the time now if I want to escape, cause it's always someone disconnecting or suiciding on the hook.

edit: You got 30% survival with solo survivor and 70% with swf. If you want, make a thread about swf not nerfing survivors in general. Seriously, think before you post. Whatever issues you have are with swf. Solo survivors are at a huge disadvantage atm.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Delfador said:

@Sinner said:

That was flawed though.

The reason why survivor rate dropped below 30% was because survivors purposefully killed themselves on the hooks to get the event serum and play the next round.

Bloodpoint wise, they weren't doing terrible either. As far as I remember, if you burned an offering and people got all the serums, you would get around 15-25k in a minute.

Secondary objectives are still needed.

Exactly, it was the fasted way to get the vials asap, suicide on hook and move on to the next game. Nearly everyone did it, I'm not proud about it but I did it by myself to get my last few vials filled
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Whatever the second objective is it needs to be tied to escape. Side objectives are fine but don't carry much weight if gens can be finished first for maximum escape potential. Then you just have people hanging around after gates are open to farm those points. Have it connected to gens or make gens just one stage of preparing the escape.
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Not to sure adding a second objective would work when some survivors cant even do the first objective.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    I don't think my potato teammates can handle 2 objectives... just saying.