The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Remove leave match button during game

Why is that option even there in the first place i just a bad idea in the first place

Comments

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Wouldnt people just close application instead if it wasnt there. 

Should be timed out for something like 5mins when you dc. 
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Because this is a video game, not a life commitment. If they removed it people would just close the app.
    ARE YOU SURE?
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Fenrir said:
    Because this is a video game, not a life commitment. If they removed it people would just close the app.
    ARE YOU SURE?
    YES
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Alt+F4, Task Manager, going offline, turn off power...
    It doesn't matter, they'll leave if they want to.

Besides, it seems unfair in the first place to not have it.
    The punishment just isn't punishing enough.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Well I guess you want to be held hostage then.
  • JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Nah, just make a punishment for DC'ing. Kind of tried of getting 3v1s every game. 
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited February 2019

closes application like a boss , seriously tho better for them to hit the leave button and survivors still get some points. Close application acts like the game never happened minus offerings.

• Fenrir
    JanTheMan said:
    Nah, just make a punishment for DC'ing. Kind of tried of getting 3v1s every game. 
    Ok let me just add that into the game oh wait i just realized IM NOT A DEV
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Fenrir it just seems like you have a attitude because no one told you to add the feature..... They were just making a suggestion.

• Fenrir
    Because the game has no right to lock you into the trial. If you want to leave you can leave, but know that there will be consequences.
    Oh yeah i see no consequences happening here
  • Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Okay I see what you mean. You don't like it when people just leave in the middle of a match. Either be killer or Survivor however...

If they can't leave the match while they're in it though just close the application. Yes, that might seem like it will just take longer to boot up the game but to these people they don't really care.

If they remove that feature there is an easier work around.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Once dedicated servers come they should just time people out.

This should work as if it's the server they should be able to tell and it won't time you out, if you need to leave for legit reasons a small time out should not matter and if you lose connection it gives you time to sort your connection out.

Time out increases each time it happens within a set period.

People can just die on the hook of course but they could solve that so if you don't struggle it keeps track and after a set amount you start to lose bloodpoints which again increases the more you do it starting with 50k.
  • Fenrir

This should work as if it's the server they should be able to tell and it won't time you out, if you need to leave for legit reasons a small time out should not matter and if you lose connection it gives you time to sort your connection out.

People can just die on the hook of course but they could solve that so if you don't struggle it keeps track and after a set amount you start to lose bloodpoints which again increases the more you do it starting with 50k.
    Make this guy a dev
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Fenrir said:
    Why is that option even there in the first place i just a bad idea in the first place
    Alt F4? 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Why do we need dedicated servers for that? 
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

twistedmonkey said:

Why do we need dedicated servers for that? 

Didnt you hear? Dedicated servers is the solution for EVERY SINGLE problem!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Fenrir said:

So you could go take a ######### and not get bullied by gg ez