The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer/Survivor Rage Quit to deny lantern points

I think this should be addressed. It's a bad design that rage quitting denies the points of lantern.
I had multiple matches yesterday that the killer rage quits right after the last gen popped and denied everyone the +20 points of the lantern escape. 
Same goes around for survivors who rage quit so you can't destroy lantern.

Imo, if the killer rage quits and you were carrying a lantern you get the +20 points.
And if a survivor rage quits you get the points for the hook and either a timer to destroy a lantern or just automatically one destroyed. 

It's a really annoying "feature" when you opponent can limit your progress.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

If the killer leaves in the loading screen you will get 45+ points but, I understand what you mean and it is actually an annoyance

• MysticL
    MysticL Member Posts: 25

Dev's warned everyone that DC from both sides denies lantern point's
    i think it's ok to prevent any event abuse in such cases, IMHO
    ofc it's sad when such things happening to you, but anyway that's not gonna last forever from match to match
    just let it go :)

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    MysticL said:

ofc it's sad when such things happening to you, but anyway that's not gonna last forever from match to match

If this happens 10 times per day, it's a lot. It's 200 points per day I need to grind more. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ToxicFengM1n said:
    If the killer leaves in the loading screen you will get 45+ points but, I understand what you mean and it is actually an annoyance

What does the killer get if survivors DC?

• Hoodied
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Nothing! this event is survivor sided as hell

• Master

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

So you suggestion is to make if even more survivor sided? :smile:

• Hoodied

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

No, the 45+ points exists already, if the killer dc's in the loading screen you get 45 points, if survivors dc n mid-match killer should get all there points

• Master

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

No, the 45+ points exists already, if the killer dc's in the loading screen you get 45 points, if survivors dc n mid-match killer should get all there points

So if anyone DCs, everybody remaining gets all points?

You do realize that this can be easily abused by SWF?

• Hoodied

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

what I mean is killer disconnecting while the game is loading will give all survivors 45 points, and my idea is if all survivors dc killer gets 45 points

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    MysticL said:

If this happens 10 times per day, it's a lot. It's 200 points per day I need to grind more. 

This happened to me once. I am pretty sure that I am not a "lucky case", so are you sure it is happening 10 times a day?
    Regardless, it should not be possible to lose points by either of those. For Survivors, if carrying a Lantern, the 25 points should count. For Killers, the remaining Hook Stages should count (if DC before the 1st hook, 9 points should be given)

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Are you sure that you actually get the 45 points? Or is it just displayed in the Post Game Statistics? The latter is the case for BPs or Rank already, so it might be the same for the Event Points (that the stats from the previous game are loaded).

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

It's a DC bug and has been around for ages, sometimes theres a DC bug where it'll grant you points from the previous game, I've had it happen numerous times with iridescent shards, it just so happens it's also giving out event points as well. It's not giving a flat 45+ it's giving the same as your last matches points.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Master said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

No, if survivors DC the killer gets points and if the killer DC the survivors get points. You can't abuse that unless the killer knows you and you are friends. But how often does this happen? The matchmaking gave me one single time someone into my lobby who is in my friendlist